Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: What's your Anarchist preference?
Indivicualist Anarchism 0 0%
Anarcho-Communism 8 25.00%
Anarcho-Syndicalism 4 12.50%
Anarchist Collectivism (other than the above) 3 9.38%
Anarcho-Primitivism 1 3.13%
Anarcho-Capitalism 5 15.63%
Green Anarchism 3 9.38%
Other Anarchism 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #76
oktoberschilde

Location: I have Flying Monkeys; And I am not afraid to use them!
http://www.goth.net/goth.html Good Stuff too for baby Batz
oktoberschilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #77
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Wow, this topic makes me feel really ignorant. I honestly have no strong idea of what Anarchy (in general) is meant to be.

I "get" (in a very vague sort of way) that it's the establishment of a community based around an equality structure, that does away with hierarchy.

Are there any Anarchy 101 type books that give an overview of the political concepts, movements made in history and that touch on some of the more specific "flavours" (without going too deeply into them) of Anarchy?

Please correct me on any mistakes I've made as well.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #78
oktoberschilde

Location: I have Flying Monkeys; And I am not afraid to use them!
Answer:

The Anarchists Cook book.
oktoberschilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #79
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberschilde View Post
Answer:

Cum in your eye.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 AM   #80
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
That's the best you can do?

Pathetic.
Oh come on now, just fuck off and go and play with you prison planet bollocks. You must be some-kind of masochist to keep coming back here, spouting shit, only to dickslapped into submission and proven wrong time and time again. Do you enjoy being humiliated from a distance, or are you just a delusional backwoods imbecile that so badly wants someone to accept your opinion because you can't tolerate being wrong? Just save the world and kill yourself. You're dismissed.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #81
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
He's not arguing for chaos. Anarchy in this sense is "no hierarchical power structure," not "no society."
And that's not just bullshit it's a truck load of bullshit.

All societies function as a hierarchy.no matter what the system,for an example look at any group of social animals,there will always be one that is in charge,and the rest are subordinates to the animal in the leader position,no matter the species,it's the same basic hierarchical structure.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #82
Methadrine

Quote:
All societies function as a hierarchy.no matter what the system,for an example look at any group of social animals,there will always be one that is in charge,and the rest are subordinates to the animal in the leader position,no matter the species,it's the same basic hierarchical structure.
What point of "delegates" didn't you get?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #83
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
And that's not just bullshit it's a truck load of bullshit.

The difference is, the hierarchical leaders in social animal systems have the most knowledge, experience, and strength. They're best suited to lead their group. Obviously, in Anarchistic societies, people would naturally become leaders, but there is a mile of difference between people leading by suggestion, working with a group peacefully, and a tyrant lording over his people. Furthermore, there's a difference between someone putting forth and leading a group to the execution of one plan than someone sitting atop a throne for a decade or more.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #84
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
This explains a lot about you, seeing as a lot of animals also eat their own shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberschilde
What the cock?

Anyway, Anarchism 101... you'll want to read some Bakunin, Daniel Guerin, and contemporary anararchist writers like Noam Chomsky.

You can find a lot of information and even comlpete books for free at zinelibrary.info
Old 11-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #85
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
The difference is, the hierarchical leaders in social animal systems have the most knowledge, experience, and strength. They're best suited to lead their group. Obviously, in Anarchistic societies, people would naturally become leaders, but there is a mile of difference between people leading by suggestion, working with a group peacefully, and a tyrant lording over his people. Furthermore, there's a difference between someone putting forth and leading a group to the execution of one plan than someone sitting atop a throne for a decade or more.
How easily could the last scenario happen under the right circumstance,no matter the form of Government or lack of Government you choose?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #86
Alan

And yet you bitch about Obama being a fascistic Nazi-commie dictator. Your argument fucking cries FOR oppression by the powerful.
How hypocritical of you.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #87
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine View Post
What point of "delegates" didn't you get?
Yes and by creating a group of Delegates,you also create a form of Government,which negates the reason for having a chosen form of Anarchy to begin with,you also run the risk of repeating countless mistakes made by past forms of Government.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #88
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
And yet you bitch about Obama being a fascistic Nazi-commie dictator. Your argument fucking cries FOR oppression by the powerful.
How hypocritical of you.
How did you reach that conclusion?

Old 11-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #89
Alan

Quote:
There you go
real classy
Old 11-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #90
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
There you go

When in fact you fail to see exactly where you are just as hypocritical.

(Anarcho-Communism) your chosen label by it's own merit is fucking Laughable.

Anarchy= A form of Government without Government.

Communism= A form of Government.

So what you're saying is Anarcho-Communism= A form of Government without Government,that ends up being a form of Government.

Meanwhile you seem to throw others views on the bonfire as "Stupid" and in which case you become the very thing you claim to fight against.

How in the fuck do you not see the Hypocrisy in that?

But to be fair I'll agree that I'm hypocritical,try and find a human being on this planet that isn't,that my friend is a true challenge.

I have no problem saying that all forms of Government are flawed and have little catch-22's that can turn into much bigger problems.

What about you though,is your answer for everyone or just what you've found to be the truth?

Which goes back to individual subjectivity of different things in life,just because it's your answer doesn't mean it's every ones answer.
I can say the same about what I feel is the truth,it is for me,but isn't for everyone else.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #91
SweetJane

Communism refers to a socio-economic theory that disagrees with the idea of private property and promotes common ownership of the means of production. Communist anarchism is just the end result of true communism- a society without state or class.

This is exactly what I mean when I say you eat your own shit. You seriously keep eating bowls of it because you refuse to see what it really is, even when you have the whole fucking board telling you.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #92
Saya

Quote:
When in fact you fail to see exactly where you are just as hypocritical.

(Anarcho-Communism) your chosen label by it's own merit is fucking Laughable.

Anarchy= A form of Government without Government.

So what you're saying is Anarcho-Communism= A form of Government without Government,that ends up being a form of Government.
Anarchism: "a political philosophy encompassing theories and attitudes which consider the state, as compulsory government, to be unnecessary, harmful, and/or undesirable, and favors the absence of the state."

Communism: "a socioeconomic structure and political ideology that promotes the establishment of an egalitarian, classless, stateless society based on common ownership and control of the means of production and property in general."

Anarcho Communism: "a theory of anarchism which advocates the abolition of the state, private property, and capitalism in favor of common ownership of the means of production, direct or consensus democracy and a horizontal network of voluntary associations, workers' councils, or a gift economy through which everyone will be free to satisfy their needs."

Quote:
Meanwhile you seem to throw others views on the bonfire as "Stupid" and in which case you become the very thing you claim to fight against.

How in the fuck do you not see the Hypocrisy in that?

But to be fair I'll agree that I'm hypocritical,try and find a human being on this planet that isn't,that my friend is a true challenge.

I have no problem saying that all forms of Government are flawed and have little catch-22's that can turn into much bigger problems.

What about you though,is your answer for everyone or just what you've found to be the truth?

Which goes back to individual subjectivity of different things in life,just because it's your answer doesn't mean it's every ones answer.
I can say the same about what I feel is the truth,it is for me,but isn't for everyone else.
No research done, half assed argument. Very poor work, D -
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #93
Alan

Quote:
Where the fuck do you get that?
Tell me something:
Capitalism= A form of Government?
real classy
Old 11-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #94
Deadmanwalking_05

  /ˈkɒmyəˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kom-yuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA
Use communism in a Sentence
See web results for communism
See images of communism
–noun
1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.
2. (often initial capital letter) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.
3. (initial capital letter) the principles and practices of the Communist party.
4. communalism.
Origin:
1835–45; < F communisme. See common, -ism

com·mu·nism (kŏm'yə-nĭz'əm)
n.

A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.

Communism

A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.

The Marxist-Leninist version of Communist doctrine that advocates the overthrow of capitalism by the revolution of the proletariat.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/communism

Anarchy
- 3 dictionary results
Urban Survival Secrets
Insiders Guide To Econ Collapse, Flu, Natural/Manmade Disaster& More
SurviveInPlace.com
an⋅ar⋅chy
  /ˈænərki/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [an-er-kee] Show IPA
Use Anarchy in a Sentence
See web results for Anarchy
See images of Anarchy
–noun
1. a state of society without government or law.
2. political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control: The death of the king was followed by a year of anarchy.
3. a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.
4. confusion; chaos; disorder: Intellectual and moral anarchy followed his loss of faith.
Origin:
1530–40; (< MF anarchie or ML anarchia) < Gk, anarchía lawlessness, lit., lack of a leader, equiv. to ánarch(os) leaderless (an- an- 1 + arch(ós) leader + -os adj. suffix) + -ia -y 3
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source
|
Link To Anarchy
Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : Anarchy
lawlessness
View more related words »

Urban Survival Secrets
Insiders Guide To Econ Collapse, Flu, Natural/Manmade Disaster& More
SurviveInPlace.com
an·ar·chy (ān'ər-kē)
n. pl. an·ar·chies

Absence of any form of political authority.

Political disorder and confusion.

Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

[New Latin anarchia, from Greek anarkhiā, from anarkhos, without a ruler : an-, without; see a-1 + arkhos, ruler; see -arch.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source
Word Origin & History

anarchy
1539, from M.L. anarchia, from Gk. anarkhia "lack of a leader," noun of state from anarkhos "rulerless," from an- "without" + arkhos "leader" (see archon). Anarchist (1678) got a boost into modernity from the French Revolution. Anarcho-syndicalism is first recorded 1913.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Anarchy

Who's response is half-assed Saya?

Old 11-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #95
Saya

You're using a dictionary referencing the misguided idea that communism is totalitarianism because failed communist states use totalitarianism when they totally contract Communist theory by establishing a state and hierarchy. And I thought you were beyond thinking by anarchy Alan was ever advocating complete chaos, but you're just proving yourself to be more of an idiot than we ever supposed.

I suppose you think this website is for an ancient barbaric tribe or an architecture forum at this rate.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #96
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You're using a dictionary referencing the misguided idea that communism is totalitarianism because failed communist states use totalitarianism when they totally contract Communist theory by establishing a state and hierarchy. And I thought you were beyond thinking by anarchy Alan was ever advocating complete chaos, but you're just proving yourself to be more of an idiot than we ever supposed.

I suppose you think this website is for an ancient barbaric tribe or an architecture forum at this rate.
How is it misguided?

Because I posted a link to the source of my information?

Define Anarcho-Communism,and please point out how Anarcho-Communism won't fail like every other form of Government can and has failed in the span of human history.

If it's such a good idea it has to be bullet proof right?

Or you can admit that it would fail just as everything else fails.

The two main reasons for those failures are what I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.

#1: Power.
#2: Personal Greed.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #97
Alan

Yo, Deadman.
Capitalism= A form of Government?
real classy
Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #98
Saya

Quote:
How is it misguided?

Because I posted a link to the source of my information?
Because you're using a definition that is only one of the many you provided and like I said is a reference to "communists" like Stalin, who by no means shied away from hierarchy and screwing the poor over.
Quote:
Define Anarcho-Communism,and please point out how Anarcho-Communism won't fail like every other form of Government can and has failed in the span of human history.
I already defined it nicely for you, are you unable to read now too?

Quote:
If it's such a good idea it has to be bullet proof right?
Dude, you believe anything Alex Jones will unload in your ass, I didn't think you were ever concerned with things like "evidence" or "proof".

Quote:
Or you can admit that it would fail just as everything else fails.

The two main reasons for those failures are what I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.

#1: Power.
#2: Personal Greed.
Oh yeah I was meaning to ask you, if the entire time you were here you were just conducting a social experiment, why did you go on bitching about how the only girl who ever loved you left you and now you're miserable and willing to throw your life away, screw your fellow man? I can't see the academic ramifications of everyone's disgust with you and your horrible "poetry".
Old 11-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #99
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Because you're using a definition that is only one of the many you provided and like I said is a reference to "communists" like Stalin, who by no means shied away from hierarchy and screwing the poor over.

I already defined it nicely for you, are you unable to read now too?

Dude, you believe anything Alex Jones will unload in your ass, I didn't think you were ever concerned with things like "evidence" or "proof".

Oh yeah I was meaning to ask you, if the entire time you were here you were just conducting a social experiment, why did you go on bitching about how the only girl who ever loved you left you and now you're miserable and willing to throw your life away, screw your fellow man? I can't see the academic ramifications of everyone's disgust with you and your horrible "poetry".

Because that did happen and I felt that it would add to the study (As well as get a lot of stuff off my mind).

The wreck also happened to me,so I'm not going to contest you guys calling me an idiot (Quite frankly I'm glad that I can still think and type at the same time), I suffered a hell of a lot of head trauma,I'm just glad I've been doing this well,to which I'll add if I had joined this site 6 years earlier I would've been a much more worthy opponent,basically I wasn't just testing you guys I've been testing myself everyday for the past four years just to see if my mental capabilities were anything like they once were (Obviously they aren't,though I am seeing a bit of improvement).

Now that that's out of the way back to the discussion at hand.

Anarcho Communism: "a theory of anarchism which advocates the abolition of the state, private property, and capitalism in favor of common ownership of the means of production, DIRECT or CONSENSUS DEMOCRACY and a horizontal network of voluntary associations, workers' councils, or a gift economy through which everyone will be free to satisfy their needs.

Keep in mind what I stated about DIRECT DEMOCRACY.

Direct Democracy is fine for the Majority but can be used as a way to punish the Minority.

So you fail in trying to show that it is a better system because it can create the same corruption as any other form of Governance.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #100
Alan

How does the powerful minority not punish the disenfranchised, whether it be a majority (example: Vietnam, East Timor, Palestine, South Africa, Chile, Nicaragua) or a minority (example: Rwanda, Tibet, Chiapas)?
real classy