Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
ArchLich

Ironic Existance

The Darkness parallels Light
Opposing it down the line of Eternity
What is Light without Dark?
What is Dark without Light?
For to exist, we know naught.
We fight to each end
Searching...

We find the opinion
We find the belief
We fight for both
We therefore define redundancy

Is ignorance the foundation of life in a colored world?
What do we expect to find
After everything is lost
When did the idea of Virtue
Become the bitter mote of a Sin
Primal cognition defines all logic
Complexity becomes dormant
Life degenerates
Life ends...
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
JCC

I admire your perseverence. I have to say that after your introduction thread and your comments about goth being a brotherhood of the alienated and unwanted, I thought, "Oh man, this can't get any worse."

You finally proved me wrong about something.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
ArchLich

If that was a compliment, then thank you. But it looked more like you saying "he got worse", so in that case I'm just gunna ignore you.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
gothicusmaximus

Oh, I get it! This whole thing was a joke! You walked right into it, JCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Lich
Needless to say, alot of people think I'm a dickhead because of my blount nature, I have one word for them: Ignorant. It is, in my humble opinion, pure ignorance to resent someone for telling the truth, no matter how much the truth may hurt your feelings, simply because the truth is either a cold hard fact, which you should just accept and move on from, or the truth is a variable which can be altered by you or someone else, which means instead of crying about it, YOU SHOULD CHANGE IT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich, when JCC said his poem was bad
If that was a compliment, then thank you. But it looked more like you saying "he got worse", so in that case I'm just gunna ignore you.
Get it? IRONIC EXISTENCE!
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Saya

It sounds like you read the Tao Te Ching and thought it was cool, but didn't understand a word of it, and tried to write your own verse. Then you decided "Know what Tao Te Ching needed? Goffick angst."
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

I thought after what other people said about it I should probably check it out.

Yeah it fucking sucks.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
ArchLich

Perhaps its too deep for most of you, prove me wrong by telling me what was meant to be implied by this poem. I'd bet money that most of you dont understand it.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
JCC

Too deep? Fuck off, it's infantile pretentious philosophizing with no understanding of the poetic form spat out by an obnoxious idiot with delusions of grandeur. In any intellectual decision I am completely convinced that the majority of the world's population would piss upon you from a great height, regardless of your discussions of how the Dark parallels the Light.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
KontanKarite

Red vs. Blue was better.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Too deep? Fuck off, it's infantile pretentious philosophizing with no understanding of the poetic form spat out by an obnoxious idiot with delusions of grandeur. In any intellectual decision I am completely convinced that the majority of the world's population would piss upon you from a great height, regardless of your discussions of how the Dark parallels the Light.
See? Even Mr. "I like failing to sound intelligent" didnt understand it. He didnt even try to explain what it meant.

Anyone else?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #11
KontanKarite

Dude, it's just another poem about a basic philosophical idea. Opposites define each other and that's just the first boring stanza.

After that, it's just goffik angst babble about how you believe bad shit is inescapable.

I can write a two line poem that's better than this that says the same thing.

Opposites define the reality line
And people really do suck

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #12
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Dude, it's just another poem about a basic philosophical idea. Opposites define each other and that's just the first boring stanza.

After that, it's just goffik angst babble about how you believe bad shit is inescapable.

I can write a two line poem that's better than this that says the same thing.

Opposites define the reality line
And people really do suck
Yes, and I'm sure poe could have just said "I'm emo, bye". Who needs interpretive creativity and analysis, it sucks so much!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Perhaps its too deep for most of you, prove me wrong by telling me what was meant to be implied by this poem. I'd bet money that most of you dont understand it.
You know the whole point about the Tao Te Ching was that opposites are inescapable from each other, and that one cannot be favored above the other, darkness cannot be favored over light or vice versa, and the path to the place before opposite thinking begins is where understanding is made clear. Its like you were trying to go there but just couldn't get over how dark and hopeless and yada yada the world is, thereby contradicting the lesson that "opposites define each other" tells us. I don't think you understood it at all, your poem is evidence that you don't get what it is you're trying to convince us you get. Weird.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You know the whole point about the Tao Te Ching was that opposites are inescapable from each other, and that one cannot be favored above the other, darkness cannot be favored over light or vice versa, and the path to the place before opposite thinking begins is where understanding is made clear. Its like you were trying to go there but just couldn't get over how dark and hopeless and yada yada the world is, thereby contradicting the lesson that "opposites define each other" tells us. I don't think you understood it at all, your poem is evidence that you don't get what it is you're trying to convince us you get. Weird.
Well, first off I think I should point out that in no way did Tao Te Ching inspire my poem, I've always hated man kind.

And that being said: My poem was meant to outline the fundamentally inherit imperfection of the human mind. I referenced the make up of the universe in order to better illustrate how the human mind reacts. These are things I think about everyday, and things I wish I could change. Writing poetry is an outlet for me.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
Saya

Quote:
Well, first off I think I should point out that in no way did Tao Te Ching inspire my poem, I've always hated man kind.
You're first stanza is something that every Taoist and Buddhist student has written at one point. Not original at all, a four thousand year old idea, and one that originally more well written and came to a conclusion that didn't end in angst.

Quote:
And that being said: My poem was meant to outline the fundamentally inherit imperfection of the human mind. I referenced the make up of the universe in order to better illustrate how the human mind reacts. These are things I think about everyday, and things I wish I could change. Writing poetry is an outlet for me.
And it shows that you are flawed too, you grasp that Dark and try to lose the Light. You don't really understand what the first stanza means at all.

Angst poems generally aren't well accepted here, don't feel special that we didn't like this one, we didn't like the fifty million that came before either.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
JCC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich
And that being said: My poem was meant to outline the fundamentally inherit imperfection of the human mind.
What revolutionary concepts.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
gothicusmaximus

ArchLich, in the time since you made your intro thread, I've often considered the possibility that you are trolling. If this is the case, I sincerely commend you, for the troll who crafted the persona you present here must in many ways be the opposite of that persona itself-- clever, creative, and talented. If the person you've portrayed yourself to be is a fictional character of your own design, it is a remarkably well-engineered one, evoking in me a fury and sadness that few such creations can ignite. In short, ArchLich, If you are trolling, I applaud you.

However, If you are not trolling, you are an unrepentant piece of shit. You are, as so few can truly be said to be, stupid and proud. You demonstrate virtually every conceivable mark of an idiot and a failure, but choose to construe them as the decorations of an intellectual. You think your refusal to read will improve your writing, for the love of god-- you embody the very ignorance you so despise.
Have you ever even flipped through a book of poetry in your entire life? I'm gonna guess no. Why don't you go to the library and do it, except because you're terrified of realizing how much you truly do suck? Although I'm sure you'll opt to sit on your ass and funnel time and cash into totally unproductive bullshit like video games, if you did go to the library and you did flip through a poetry book, I would suggest Keats, Szymbroska, Neruda, Bukowski, Brautigan, Sexton, or even Plath-- you could read these poets and see that those who compose good poetry do so through the use of imagery, through artful diction and syntax. A good poem incorporates several levels of meaning, and it also strives to break new ground, to express something as it's never been expressed before, whereas this features only one, utterly derivative metaphor, the idea of dark and light as the paradox of human ignorance, and your means of expressing it are far from engaging. While you, in your ignorance, imagine your 'complex mind' to have birthed patently original thoughts, "what is dark without light" and "what is light without dark" are unequivocal clichés, as can be seen by anyone who enters them into google, so why waste two lines of a poem on these? If you went to the library and read some poetry, you would realize that every line of a poem should be a poem in and of itself, in contrast to this skein of words, wherein every line is a clumsy, artless step toward your conclusion, which, though again you believe it utterly unprecedented, is a truth everyone has realized at one time or another-- "savage, hypocritical humanity sucks"-- and into which you provide no new insight.
I'm sure you were bothered by our decision to ridicule your poem rather than offer you help in improving it, but perhaps we would have responded more congenially if your general disposition were less utterly loathsome. You could have turned it around even in this thread, by asking "what's wrong with it" rather than immediately concluding that this tripe was 'too deep' for anyone. From where do you derive the obscene, baseless confidence you possess? As I understand it, you're unemployed, you're dismally uneducated, and you've accomplished nothing of relevance in your entire life. Just give me one reason to believe you're awesome as you hold yourself to be.
I'm sure this post was as much a waste of time as your life has been of air, and my words will only clang unavailingly against your adamantine denial. Likewise, I'm sure you'll never reach beyond that impregnable aegis, for dread of relinquishing the comfort that failure affords you. I'm sure you'll spend the rest of your life held up by your internet gaming friend and almost certainly hideous significant other as the greatest philosopher to never read philosophy and the greatest poet to never read poetry, before you finally die as nothing more than an infinitesimal fraction of Activision-Blizzard's net income. However, now no one can accuse me of not trying.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #18
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
ArchLich, in the time since you made your intro thread, I've often considered the possibility that you are trolling. If this is the case, I sincerely commend you, for the troll who crafted the persona you present here must in many ways be the opposite of that persona itself-- clever, creative, and talented. If the person you've portrayed yourself to be is a fictional character of your own design, it is a remarkably well-engineered one, evoking in me a fury and sadness that few such creations can ignite. In short, ArchLich, If you are trolling, I applaud you.

However, If you are not trolling, you are an unrepentant piece of shit. You are, as so few can truly be said to be, stupid and proud. You demonstrate virtually every conceivable mark of an idiot and a failure, but choose to construe them as the decorations of an intellectual. You think your refusal to read will improve your writing, for the love of god-- you embody the very ignorance you so despise.
Have you ever even flipped through a book of poetry in your entire life? I'm gonna guess no. Why don't you go to the library and do it, except because you're terrified of realizing how much you truly do suck? Although I'm sure you'll opt to sit on your ass and funnel time and cash into totally unproductive bullshit like video games, if you did go to the library and you did flip through a poetry book, I would suggest Keats, Szymbroska, Neruda, Bukowski, Brautigan, Sexton, or even Plath-- you could read these poets and see that those who compose good poetry do so through the use of imagery, through artful diction and syntax. A good poem incorporates several levels of meaning, and it also strives to break new ground, to express something as it's never been expressed before, whereas this features only one, utterly derivative metaphor, the idea of dark and light as the paradox of human ignorance, and your means of expressing it are far from engaging. While you, in your ignorance, imagine your 'complex mind' to have birthed patently original thoughts, "what is dark without light" and "what is light without dark" are unequivocal clichés, as can be seen by anyone who enters them into google, so why waste two lines of a poem on these? If you went to the library and read some poetry, you would realize that every line of a poem should be a poem in and of itself, in contrast to this skein of words, wherein every line is a clumsy, artless step toward your conclusion, which, though again you believe it utterly unprecedented, is a truth everyone has realized at one time or another-- "savage, hypocritical humanity sucks"-- and into which you provide no new insight.
I'm sure you were bothered by our decision to ridicule your poem rather than offer you help in improving it, but perhaps we would have responded more congenially if your general disposition were less utterly loathsome. You could have turned it around even in this thread, by asking "what's wrong with it" rather than immediately concluding that this tripe was 'too deep' for anyone. From where do you derive the obscene, baseless confidence you possess? As I understand it, you're unemployed, you're dismally uneducated, and you've accomplished nothing of relevance in your entire life. Just give me one reason to believe you're awesome as you hold yourself to be.
I'm sure this post was as much a waste of time as your life has been of air, and my words will only clang unavailingly against your adamantine denial. Likewise, I'm sure you'll never reach beyond that impregnable aegis, for dread of relinquishing the comfort that failure affords you. I'm sure you'll spend the rest of your life held up by your internet gaming friend and almost certainly hideous significant other as the greatest philosopher to never read philosophy and the greatest poet to never read poetry, before you finally die as nothing more than an infinitesimal fraction of Activision-Blizzard's net income. However, now no one can accuse me of not trying.
Eh, you have a real nack for exaggeration dont u. I dont think this peom is a "masterpiece", I do not claim to be a professional writer(I even said its a fucking hobby and an outlet..), therefore I dont really care if people like it or not, I just put it out there to get opinions negative or positive. If I were even half as moronic as that rediculously long post of your's suggests, "den eyed prolly b speeckin lyk diz". I have made several accomplishments, the one I'm most proud of I'd have to say was when Clearwire moved a tech support call center to my town and interviewed over 1000 people, then hired 30 of them to fill it's base crew, and included me among that 30, when I have absolutely no prior "on the job" tech support experience, and no certifications, they hired me based on my demonstrated ability alone(there were people with bach's in IT that were turned down).

So as you can see, I am not the "failure at life/drain on worldly resources" you claim me to be. I may not be the most educated or "clever" individual, however I am "intelligent", Alburt Einstein was very intelligent, yet he couldnt read or do simple math. You hardly know anything about me other than what you've seen on these forums, so how do you presume to describe my quintessencial existance?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #19
JCC

Everything that you've done on this forum has been pathetic, so how do you expect us to have any opinion of you other than that you're pathetic?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
ArchLich

Quote:
Everything that you've done on this forum has been pathetic, so how do you expect us to have any opinion of you other than that you're pathetic?
Some people whom have interest in figuring someone out like to ask inviting questions, rather than attack and assume. As you may recall, my book has been judged by it's cover since my first post.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
Malice In Wonderland

We don't judge books by their cover.
Moreso the blurb on the back.
As in the crap that your fingers poured onto a keyboard in your intro.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
JCC

There is no answer that you could give that could redeem you. I'll tell you what, I'll ask you to summarise your political beliefs. If you answer adequately, you're still a cunt, but you at least have the knowledge that you said something right, once upon a time.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
We don't judge books by their cover.
Moreso the blurb on the back.
As in the crap that your fingers poured onto a keyboard in your intro.
The only thing in my intro that anyone other than Mir, Lady Christine and HavelockV has commented on is the intelligence part, and the only responses I've gotten from that were attempts at picking me apart. It seems almost nobody cares about anything other than making sure everyone around them is lower than them in the status quo, which is not only unfathomably sad, but also hypocritical seeing some of the things people here have claimed to value.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
ArchLich

Quote:
There is no answer that you could give that could redeem you. I'll tell you what, I'll ask you to summarise your political beliefs. If you answer adequately, you're still a cunt, but you at least have the knowledge that you said something right, once upon a time.
lol, as I've already stated, you can take your opinion of me and shove it, pal, I dont care.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #25
JCC

You asked for an inviting question, you got one.