Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #26
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
But yeah, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Family Guy are the only two Adult Swim shows I'm huge into. Funny ass stuff. Whatever happened to that show on cartoon network though that had all of the experimental shows? It was like a collection of pilot episodes and people voted on which one was best or something.
Amen!

I used to have that quote you have now (Shake makes me laugh til I almost pass out) when I first started, and Xng PMd me and wondered if I was a toothless homophobe! >_<

Oh and remember the "Dear Mum" segments where they'd show postcards and that psychotic Brit would narrate over them?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #27
Soul_Immortal

Dear Mum...

*Searches Ebay*
Old 10-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #28
AlKilyu

Heh I've been googling the shit out of that episode Binkie brought up cause it sounds familiar. I am not sure, but I think her description of it is what has me laughing so hard!

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #29
Soul_Immortal

Hahhahahaaaahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #30
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
I used to have that quote you have now (Shake makes me laugh til I almost pass out) when I first started, and Xng PMd me and wondered if I was a toothless homophobe! >_<

Oh and remember the "Dear Mum" segments where they'd show postcards and that psychotic Brit would narrate over them?
LOL. Yeah, that quote threw Mael off too.

And "Dear Mum," that was hilarious! Oh man, the memories. And I found out that segment I was thinking of was titled, "Bobby and Billy." Oy, now I'm going to go out and buy the Best Of Liquid Television DVD on ebay.

BTW, that Peter Griffin thing cracked me up. If only he had the exaggerated cleft chin that looked like a different body part. "Hmmm... (rubs chin - chin comes off) Huh? Hey, how'd these get up here?" :D
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:04 AM   #31
gingerbreadwench

I've actually started watching Family Guy. I'm not proud of it. It's not really that funny. Definitely a Simpsons knockoff.

I'm a Futurama gal through and through.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #32
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench

I've actually started watching Family Guy.

It's not really that funny.

I'm a Futurama gal through and through.

And Uber Beautiful as well..

So we can forgive you for saying Stewie isn't funny..

*Sniffle*

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #33
punkirony

Ha. I haven't watched Family Guy in a while. My mother bought the Stewie Griffin story movie though. It was pretty messed up. Freakin' hilarious...but messed up.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #34
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I like Adult Swim a lot. I like Family Guy, but I like the anime stuff too.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #35
insertwittyname

Best things ever on Adult Swim are Robot Chicken, Ghost in a Shell, Fooly Cooly, Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent. I'm a anime fan but find that Adult Swim is annoying! It shows some good anime sometimes and then adds something new and it's the worst thing ever! Evangelion I think it was? Gah, I couldn't get into it, it kept making me think that the main character was on a drug trip with those little scenes with him on the train.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #36
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
Best things ever on Adult Swim are Robot Chicken, Ghost in a Shell, Fooly Cooly, Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent. I'm a anime fan but find that Adult Swim is annoying! It shows some good anime sometimes and then adds something new and it's the worst thing ever! Evangelion I think it was? Gah, I couldn't get into it, it kept making me think that the main character was on a drug trip with those little scenes with him on the train.
those are ok. fooly cooly is just strange, but hilarious. i also like (when they showed it) yuyu hakusho, trigun, gundam, and my personal favorite, cased closed.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #37
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Back when I had cable, 2 years ago, I used to watch Adult Swim as if it were some kind of nightly ritual, which in some sense it was. AQUA TEEN ftw...I can actually do a perfect imitation of Meatwad's voice. That shit was funny...when Frylock gave Meatwad 'a new brain'...and he made Carl's vehicle spin in the air...fucking classic.

Also...SEALAB 2021...that show is hilarious as fuck. The "black Debbie/white Debbie" episode...that was funny when Stormy said "East...SIIIIIDE!!!1" (and I think he actually threw up the 'west side' sign, but I can't remember) Also...the whole "he who smokes bitches" episode...Sealab is the shit. My parents are pissed because they can't find Venture Bros. on DVD...and I introduced them to that show, they love that shit.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:33 AM   #38
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Yeah, I did too watch Adult Swim like a nightly ritual. It's all I ever watched. When school was in I would tape it, and watch it the next day. It used to have some good anime, now Inyuasha and Big O are the only things I seem to watch. Which sucks, but still. I don't watcvh the comedy stuff though, except for Family Guy. That show is hilarious.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 08-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #39
Haunted House

I'm a huge 'Futurama' fan. Also I have almost all of the ATHF episodes on DVD. As with you, Crimson, Adult Swim is a nightly ritual. And I guess 'Family Guy' and 'Robot Chicken' go without saying as well.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:34 AM   #40
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Nah, in my nightly ritual it does not include Robot Chicken at all. But it does include Family Guy.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 11-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #41
BlackButterfly

Assy... McGee... yeah.

I *LOVE* Adult Swim (it forms a large percentage of the little I actually pay attention to on TV).

Recently I was walking by the television, and apparently there's going to be a new animated show on Adult Swim (I think) starring, of all things, a disembodied ass with an attached pair of legs. This ass apparently is skilled in the use of heavy artillery and plays the harmonica.

So after I picked my jaw up off the ground (is this actually what people WATCH now on TV?!?), I wondered--have any of you heard of this/seen the commercials?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #42
Draconysius

I LOVE [adult swim]. I tend to only watch the Sunday night lineup, though, since the anime doesn't really interest me. I love Futurama, Aqua Teen, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse, Moral Orel, and Squidbillies, but I miss seeing Minoriteam, since it's off now. I hope another season makes it way in soon.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #43
Mephistophelian

I adore Adult Swim.
Mostly for all the anime.
Fooly Cooly, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Paranoia Agent, and so on.
Inuyasha gets on my nerves though. The show just goes on for too long.

I like Futurama and Family Guy also. How can you not like Stewie?
Mephistophelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #44
Dead Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodnoirbabe
I like the one episode where meatwad convinces MasterShake to get tons of plastic surgery done in guatamala. Fucking classic.

also...why quote? you're the only other person to reply. LOL
SAC and .sign/origins are good. (That latter is on at one on sunday mornings).

I do like some of it, but most like Tom is utter shite. The only good shows are A) Venture Brothers.... and that's about it.
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #45
Feeble Minded

You just can't go without Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's hilarious shit. I like the episode where Master Skake teaches that, that spider thing to scare people. "Well, we did it guy, high five."
Feeble Minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #46
BLEED REBELION!!!

does any 1 have a link to south park episode cartman says hella.
I love fma XD
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #47
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My friend Patrick watches Adult Swim and his nightly routine includes all the shows. He loves Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He quotes that show all the freaking time!!! Anyways, even on school nights he stays up all night watching Adult Swim.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 01-01-2007, 12:14 AM   #48
Tumor

The Metalocalypse marathon iis occuring as we speak.

Cool.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote