Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #26
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I finished watching it, and it was okay, some good parts and some bad parts, and a lot of people just watch it because they find the characters "sexy"
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
Saya

I gave up after a while, it was really good at first but after it became apparently that most of the episodes was Light going "mwahahahahahahahaa I am so brilliant" for twenty minutes I lost interest >.> Maybe if they shortened it, it woud've been much better.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #28
Bloodbath

I watched a few episodes of the Anime, than just got into the mangas instead. The story in itself is pretty good and well thought out, but I still think it's kind of overrated. I mean it's good, but not as awe-inspiring as most make it out to be.
Bloodbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #29
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Death Note...

Definitely on my "worst anime" list. To me, it was just random scenarios strung together; and the content gave little impact. It's just another anime everyone is jumping on the bandwagon for, like Naruto. Just my opinions, however.
The truth. And worse, it's got a mallgoth flavor.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #30
Necrophagist

Elfen Lied is good. The first time I watched it, I hated it though.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #31
littlemoonfox

Death note is ok...but when they place it in horror anime...it not really horror..if you want horror Requiem from the Darkness is a good one and elfen Lied..was good also
littlemoonfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #32
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemoonfox
Death note is ok...but when they place it in horror anime...it not really horror..if you want horror Requiem from the Darkness is a good one and elfen Lied..was good also
And Ayakashi: Classical Japanese Horror, and its spin-off Mononoke I don't really consider Elfen Lied a horror, it was just gory.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #33
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Elfen Lied was more... romance and uh... I don't know what to call it, but horror is incorrect, extreme violence does not equate horror, though it is suggested heavily by "horror" movies of late that it does.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:42 AM   #34
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Elfen Lied was more... romance and uh... I don't know what to call it, but horror is incorrect, extreme violence does not equate horror, though it is suggested heavily by "horror" movies of late that it does.
Hollywood has run out of Ideas but still need money. Thus the gore-infested pure violence movies they try and sell as Horror.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #35
littlemoonfox

Elfen Lied is good I like it...but no it not horror....Another good horror one that is horror When They Cry....that a good one
littlemoonfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #36
Saya

Oh yeah, Elfen Lied is amazing, don't get me wrong, its just that its more of an action/drama than horror ^_^ Gore and tits doesn't quite equate to horror.

I haven't seen When They Cry, I'll check it out.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #37
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Oh yeah, Elfen Lied is amazing, don't get me wrong, its just that its more of an action/drama than horror ^_^ Gore and tits doesn't quite equate to horror.
I seconded this.

But for the real horror anime, I suggested Yotsuya Kaidan.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #38
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
I seconded this.

But for the real horror anime, I suggested Yotsuya Kaidan.
Do you mean the Yotsuya Kaidan arc in Ayakashi: Classical Japanese Horror? I really liked the Bake Neko arc in that series :3 if I ever get to go to an anime con and cosplay, I'll go as the medicine seller.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 AM   #39
dead_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Hollywood
What.
The.
Hell.
Does Hollywood have to do with Japanese animation, Jack?
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #40
LiquidEcstasy

Elfen Lied is my favourite anime, mainly because it was the first one I ever watched. It isn't horror, it's gorey but not horror.
Deathnote wasn't really my thing because the story was more repetative in a way, if that makes sense.
LiquidEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #41
yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicChristian
I've been a fan of Death Note since long before it was on TV, I've watched it about four or five times, and I must say that I became oddly attached to the character Mello, it hit me hard when he died. -sad face-

1) Elfen Lied <---- I own the box set, I had it autographed by the voice actors. Shhh, not many people know I love this one.

2) Shingetsutan Tsukihime

3) Fate/Stay Night<---- I watched it a while ago; I loved it.

4) Onegai Teacher <---- I loved this one too.

5) This Ugly Yet Beautiful World<---- I never finished watching it

6) Mahoromatic<---- I wasn't a big fan of this, I lost interest after the second episode.

7) Tsukuyomi -Moonphase- <---- I've read some of the manga

8) Nightwalker<---- Has been suggested to me twice.

9) Banner of the Stars

10) Outlaw Star<---- Old school, awesome anime.

How about Madlax and Noir?

I'm also a fan of Pretear and Princess Tutu.
oooo I love mello. I also love both Madlax and noir and own both of the soundtracks for those shows
yandere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #42
Eclipsing the Son

I used to love anime. Neon Genesis Evangelion. LAIN. Hellsing. Full Metal Alchemist. Outlaw Star. Onegai Teacher. Golden Boy.

The recent series I've seen are all formulated, cliche ridden garbage. They either try WAY too hard to have deep meanings and come off as disingenuous or are completely devoid of purpose altogether.

Death Note somehow pulls off both of the earlier mentioned problems. It is pretentious and longwinded and goes absolutely nowhere at the same time.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #43
Underwater Ophelia

A past boyfriend of mine got obsessed with FMA and I used to watch it with him a lot.
It was pretty good, but most of the jokes just aren't funny to me.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #44
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Do you mean the Yotsuya Kaidan arc in Ayakashi: Classical Japanese Horror? I really liked the Bake Neko arc in that series :3 if I ever get to go to an anime con and cosplay, I'll go as the medicine seller.
No, you can't!!

He's mine to cosplay !!!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #45
yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidEcstasy
Elfen Lied is my favourite anime, mainly because it was the first one I ever watched. It isn't horror, it's gorey but not horror.
Deathnote wasn't really my thing because the story was more repetative in a way, if that makes sense.
same here it is in my top 5
yandere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #46
LiquidEcstasy

^^ I'm cosplaying Lucy this summer when it is actually warm enough, have no idea whatsoever as to how to make the horns...
I'm thinking about getting a cheap clear aliceband out of Claires and just getting some clay and glue, but there's a chance it would be too heavy so it's a trial and error method.
LiquidEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #47
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
No, you can't!!

He's mine to cosplay !!!
There's only one way to settle this, $hade, pistols at dawn!!!

XD Have you dressed up as him before though?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #48
Loz

I like death note purely for L, and sometimes Ryuk. However, the plot is a little too repetitive, especially in the second half.
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #49
Genocide

I like death note.. though I never really kept up with the manga or anime. I know there are differences with it and the movies but I`ve only seen the movies. I like how there are only 2, as I see alot of movie series in Asia just go nuts with sequels.
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #50
Loz

there's also a third spinoff move: L change the world.
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote