Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 09-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #51
raggedyanne

As long as the boys ur screwing don't already have girlfriends then there's nothing wrong. But as somone who's been cheated on many times, if you are screwing with guys who are taken then you deserve to rot in hell
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #52
Saya

I don't understand that. So having multiple partners and lots of sex is fine, but if you get pregnant thats not you're not mature?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #53
viscus

Yeah not to mention the myriad of STI's one can contract, and the weird things that sex does to people's emotions.

Polyamory is acceptable if everyone involved is protected and mentally prepared for it, but it's not a game that I can play.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #54
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Yeah not to mention the myriad of STI's one can contract, and the weird things that sex does to people's emotions.

Polyamory is acceptable if everyone involved is protected and mentally prepared for it, but it's not a game that I can play.
Agreed, it is also the reason I will never have a threesome
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #55
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
As long as the boys ur screwing don't already have girlfriends then there's nothing wrong. But as somone who's been cheated on many times, if you are screwing with guys who are taken then you deserve to rot in hell
Rot in hell? The formerly-pregnant highschooler sounds like a minister. Don't condemn people to rot in hell for having no morals. If you sleep with someone who is taken and in a monogamous relationship, then you are to blame as is the person who you slept with.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #56
JCC

Abortions should be available regardless of whether you got pregnant from a stupid situation or not. What the fuck is the point of having an abortion system where it has to be analysed whether the circumstances are sensible enough to meet with approval? What are sensible grounds for an abortion? I think that a sixteen year old girl fucking a guy and then the condom splitting leading to an unintentional pregnancy is a perfectly fair reason for an abortion, and the condemnation of other people wouldn't make it any easier for her to cope with what she already has going on. The idea that the abortive process should be selective is stupid, regardless of the impracticalities of inconsistent decision anyway, because it would be such a slow system that abortion would become useless by the time it was available. If you want to dance with the adults, learn to have an abortion like other adults do.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #57
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Abortions should be available regardless of whether you got pregnant from a stupid situation or not. What the fuck is the point of having an abortion system where it has to be analysed whether the circumstances are sensible enough to meet with approval? What are sensible grounds for an abortion? I think that a sixteen year old girl fucking a guy and then the condom splitting leading to an unintentional pregnancy is a perfectly fair reason for an abortion, and the condemnation of other people wouldn't make it any easier for her to cope with what she already has going on. The idea that the abortive process should be selective is stupid, regardless of the impracticalities of inconsistent decision anyway, because it would be such a slow system that abortion would become useless by the time it was available. If you want to dance with the adults, learn to have an abortion like other adults do.
I think that a sixteen year old girl fucking a guy and then the condom splitting leading to an unintentional pregnancy is a perfectly fair reason for an abortion

That could be the situation. And I personally find that acceptable. But what if she did it without a condom? There's not set scenario that's being debated here. Once, as I've said I can get, but I don't agree with all of your post. But my point is was more about people doing it over and over and over again. One's basically saying "Oh, it's okay, get pregnant 50 times you can get it fixed". As I've said, I can put myself in that situation withe the 16 year old girl, but there's people out there who will get pregnant once, have an abortion, and do it again, and again and learn nothing from the process. This may not be a big deal to most, but I'm a person who value's life and more importantly the lessons you learn from it.

The idea that the abortive process should be selective is stupid, regardless of the impracticalities of inconsistent decision anyway, because it would be such a slow system that abortion would become useless by the time it was available

That's sort of obvious. Which is why I was saying that overall I have to be for it. It'd be far to complicated to try and nitpick, which is what I meant when I made the liars comment.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 AM   #58
JCC

If a person gets pregnant 50 times and wants to abort 50 times then they should be allowed without condemnation or hesitation to abort 50 times. Why put a child with an irresponsible mother, or impair the freedoms of someone who's made some bad choices, on the whim of trying to impose your own beliefs in a healthcare system that has to be impersonal?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #59
peacebear5028

For me there are many reasons that justify abortion.
The fact that its not even an aware being, and that people should be able to do what they please with there own bodies.

Oh and on the whole thing about sixteen year olds doing it without condoms.
What if no one ever told them how to protect themselves? Sometimes they just cant take it upon themselves to learn, for whatever reason. Kids make mistakes and kids will have sex.
Should there entire lives be potentially ruined because of a one time mistake?

But really does the world need more children?
Why not just save them the greater pain and suffering they may experience later in life.
peacebear5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #60
ironman666

barack obama is a racist he was in a racist church for more than 20 years and that is a fact, he only gave up membership to that church because it was hurting his chances to become president, do not tell me that a person joins a church that he does not agree with, i wouldent and no normal person would, and i hear a lot of people here talking about racism well where i live you have to be racist to survive, if you go to anyone of the major corners on my street their are gangs of blacks messing with people and a lot of them hates whites just because they are white and almost every black person i have ever came into contact with always had stuff to say about how i dress or said things to try and start a fight so to anyone who sais racists are bad has a mental problem, now i am not saying all black people are bad but when you live in a place like a live in you dont really meet to many decent black people.
ironman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #61
Despanan

Hey. Racist-Dumbass. How can Obama be racist against whites if he's half-white? Half his freaking family is white, and that's the half which raised him. He barely knew his father, and he's still close as hell to his white grandfather.

Stop buying into idiotic alarmist politics, you're making the rest of us look bad.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:45 PM   #62
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman666
barack obama is a racist he was in a racist church for more than 20 years and that is a fact, he only gave up membership to that church because it was hurting his chances to become president, do not tell me that a person joins a church that he does not agree with, i wouldent and no normal person would, and i hear a lot of people here talking about racism well where i live you have to be racist to survive, if you go to anyone of the major corners on my street their are gangs of blacks messing with people and a lot of them hates whites just because they are white and almost every black person i have ever came into contact with always had stuff to say about how i dress or said things to try and start a fight so to anyone who sais racists are bad has a mental problem, now i am not saying all black people are bad but when you live in a place like a live in you dont really meet to many decent black people.
First, learn how to spell, punctuate, and NOT write in a 14 line run-on sentence like a 10 year old.

Second, please cite for us something Rev. Wright said that was racist. During the Hilary/Obama contest there was much hype over this, but the reality is Rev. Wrights comments were not racist, in fact, I personally agree with everything he said and I'm white.

More importantly your comment where i live you have to be racist to survive is quite disturbing because your openly admitting your a bigoted racist and seem to be proud of it. This in conjunction with the fact you know nothing of Rev. Wrights comments says your not 'racist because you have to survive', it says your racist because your like Despanan said buying into alarm politics OR your just a good ol' fashioned bigot, who hates non whites.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #63
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
I think that a sixteen year old girl fucking a guy and then the condom splitting leading to an unintentional pregnancy is a perfectly fair reason for an abortion

That could be the situation. And I personally find that acceptable. But what if she did it without a condom? There's not set scenario that's being debated here. Once, as I've said I can get, but I don't agree with all of your post. But my point is was more about people doing it over and over and over again. One's basically saying "Oh, it's okay, get pregnant 50 times you can get it fixed". As I've said, I can put myself in that situation withe the 16 year old girl, but there's people out there who will get pregnant once, have an abortion, and do it again, and again and learn nothing from the process. This may not be a big deal to most, but I'm a person who value's life and more importantly the lessons you learn from it.
First, your comment about doing it without a condom. Thats ironic and funny because Palin and McCain both want to keep condoms from being distributed for free in school. Both also want to keep sex-ed classes OUT of school. Thats what the debate is about. Her daughter gets preggers, possibly for not having a condom or proper teaching on the matter, and they call it a 'gift'. At the same time McCain fought legislation that would have given single teen mothers benefits, and Palin backs that stance, well she did until her own daughter got preggers.

As far as valuing life, no one can have 50 abortions. No one ever has. they aren't cheap, and the government doesn't pay for them, so if your too poor to afford a child you damn sure can afford to abort it.

But thats not the point. A womans body belongs to a woman. Not to societies taboos. If your going to say the government can say what a woman can do with her body, then you might as well sponsor government backed female circumcision like the do in some countries. I am Catholic and I am against abortion, but thats MY view. I don't expect the government to force MY opinion on all women because I personally disagree with it, no matter what the circumstances are.

Also, another reason that stopping abortion seems daft - fetuses have no rights. The government has said this time and time again in court. If they block abortion because they think a fetus is a child, then that opens a whole new can of worms when it comes to human rights. If drinking and smoking can harm a child and the fetus gets rights, women could be held accountable for doing so while pregnant. Getting divorced while pregnant would become a whole new fiasco. The list of legal complications is very long.

But thats a story for a whole different thread.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #64
Despanan

I can sincerely say, that anyone claiming that you need to "be racist to survive" is full of shit, and I know this from personal experience.

About two years ago I was mugged by two Stereotypes (18-20 yr old black males in gangster outfits). I was in my car searching for a DVD, in the middle of suburban Lexignton KY, when I was pistol whipped six times in the face. They called me a "******" and they stole about $40 from me.

Do I blame "Black People" for it? Hell no. Would me being suspicious of Black people helped me? probably not (and in fact, I'd rather be robbed than think like that)

Saying you "have to be racist" is a fucking cop-out. It doesn't even come close to excusing the fact that you're part of the problem, and when you're a part of the problem, you're a fucking waste of air.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #65
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
But my point is was more about people doing it over and over and over again. One's basically saying "Oh, it's okay, get pregnant 50 times you can get it fixed".
Who does that? I hear this brought up a lot, and I would like to know what kind of woman foregos using other forms of birth control and gets abortions over and over again. As I understand it, surgical abortion can have severe implications for one's reproductive health, and it's not the cheapest and easiest thing to do on a regular basis.

Somehow I think you're inventing a problem that doesn't exist.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

Old 10-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #66
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
First, your comment about doing it without a condom. Thats ironic and funny because Palin and McCain both want to keep condoms from being distributed for free in school. Both also want to keep sex-ed classes OUT of school. Thats what the debate is about. Her daughter gets preggers, possibly for not having a condom or proper teaching on the matter, and they call it a 'gift'. At the same time McCain fought legislation that would have given single teen mothers benefits, and Palin backs that stance, well she did until her own daughter got preggers.

As far as valuing life, no one can have 50 abortions. No one ever has. they aren't cheap, and the government doesn't pay for them, so if your too poor to afford a child you damn sure can afford to abort it.

But thats not the point. A womans body belongs to a woman. Not to societies taboos. If your going to say the government can say what a woman can do with her body, then you might as well sponsor government backed female circumcision like the do in some countries. I am Catholic and I am against abortion, but thats MY view. I don't expect the government to force MY opinion on all women because I personally disagree with it, no matter what the circumstances are.

Also, another reason that stopping abortion seems daft - fetuses have no rights. The government has said this time and time again in court. If they block abortion because they think a fetus is a child, then that opens a whole new can of worms when it comes to human rights. If drinking and smoking can harm a child and the fetus gets rights, women could be held accountable for doing so while pregnant. Getting divorced while pregnant would become a whole new fiasco. The list of legal complications is very long.

But thats a story for a whole different thread.
That does make a lot of sense. But I do still personally disagree with some aspects of abortion. Irresponsibility truly disgust me. But you are right, a woman can do what she wants with her body. And I liked your point because that one line in itself is a good argument. It makes me think about the fact that I want to do what I want to do to my own body.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #67
ironman666

CptSternn and Despanan

go fuck yourself both of you, i will write how i want number one and number two both of you are scared ingnorant little fuckers, you sit their and call me names when i have never done anything to you, all i did was give my opinion, and to be honest you are probably 2 nerds sitting at home on your computer because you would get pistol whipped if you went outside, i never said i hated all black people i said a lot of them are assholes like you two little assholes little pieces of garbage.

P.s do not worry about replying because any forum where the guys on it act like children because they are losers, is not a forum that i want to participate in...
ironman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #68
Saya

And calling people losers when they call you on your ignorant racist bullshit isn't below childish? Please, do leave.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #69
BLEED REBELION!!!

The morality of Abortion doeasnt matter. The simple fact is that the Gov shouldnt be able to tell a woman she cant have an abortion.

Even if the Pro-choicers were to concede that abortion was "morally wrong" you still wouldnt win.

Using that type of logic the Gov will make everything that can be considered immoral illegal.
"Keep your laws off my body" I think I'll go buy that T-shirt.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #70
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman666
CptSternn and Despanan

[WHAAAA! People on the internet were mean to my ignorant, racist ass! BOO-HOO!]

P.s do not worry about replying because any forum where the guys on it act like children because they are losers, is not a forum that i want to participate in...
WOW. He's leaving? Just like that? That was certainly easy.

Gothic.net: 1

Internet: 0
Old 10-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #71
Mealla

First off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
Hey, Bobb Barr has a lot of good moral values and I like his campaign style.
Actually, I normally support Libertarians because most of my political views coincide with the party's stance on most issues. Unfortunately, I despise Bob Barr. He is the one who initiated the whole "marriage amendment" thing against gays, he has openly protested religious equality (in favor of Christianity, against pretty much any other religion), and his voting record suggests he is just a Republican who is pandering to Libertarians to get a shot (however slim) at presidency, or at least get his name out there.

As far as the whole abortion issue that seems to have cropped up, I think everyone agrees that a child shouldn't be harmed. The question, and where the abortion issue is divided, is when a developing human should be considered an individual with its own rights, because at some point (even if it's when a child is able to survive after a C-section), it is a person with its own rights, including the right to live. At the same time, we can't go around giving human rights to a tiny cluster of cells barely visible without a microscope.

I don't know precisely where to draw the line, though I do prefer to err on the side of caution. I have no problem with substances (such as the "morning after pill") that terminate pregnancy without an actual abortion "procedure" so long as they are proven safe for the woman (I've read all kinds of crazy things about the morning after pill being dangerous, but I don't know how much is based in fact and how much is scare tactics on the part of the Christian right). Additionally, I can understand and support allowing abortion if the mother's health (physical or psychological) is at stake.

I don't think abortion procedures should be allowed merely for "convenience." Women are responsible for their own pregnancy, and in the case of teenagers who didn't know better, shame on us for not educating them! I am extremely in favor of educating those approaching puberty, and also in favor of providing condoms and contraceptives. Excepting the ignorant teen and **** arguments, however, it's not like "whoops, how did that baby get there?" and pregnancy can be "taken care of" earlier than some women try to terminate it.

As far as impracticality concerning regulating abortion, prescriptions regulate drug treatments. Just a thought. This issue is quite a bit more complex than handing out pills, true, and I will readily admit that I don't have an answer for everything, but I'd like to think something would be conceivable, even if it's allowing doctors to make case-by-case decisions on the matter. That has its own pitfalls, however, and this whole quandary is the reason abortion is allowed to a point, and I don't think it should change legally until there are answers.

On another note, it is entirely true that there are people out there who want children but can't have them. The reason there are orphanages with so many unwanted children, however, is strongly related to the original topic of this thread. The people who want children but can't have them are largely white and racist, and would prefer a white child to an African child, Asian child, etc. There are also many children that are unwanted because of birth defects or mental impairments.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 AM   #72
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
Women are responsible for their own pregnancy
And people who get robbed are responsible for not taking better care of their stuff.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #73
viscus

People make mistakes, accidents happen. No woman should be forced to bear a child that she doesn't want or can't take care of.

Man, abortion is talked about to death. Can't we just stick a fork in it already?

-William S. Burroughs

Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #74
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
And people who get robbed are responsible for not taking better care of their stuff.
Robbery in this case would be akin to ****. An educated person willingly having sex and getting pregnant from it is more akin to someone eating McDonald's their whole life and blaming them for getting fat. Getting ***** and getting pregnant from it would NOT be a woman's fault. Having sex without birth control and/or contraceptives is.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #75
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
An educated person willingly having sex and getting pregnant from it is more akin to someone eating McDonald's their whole life and blaming them for getting fat.
That's not true at all.
McDonald is always harmful.
Sex isn't.
You want to correct it?
Then instead of blaming someone that gets robbed, let's blame someone who doesn't protect their shit well enough when they're willingly living in a place that has had a couple of thefts in the past. There you have it: exactly the same logic.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote