Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #26
peacebear5028

Im so bad with my nails.
I get paint everywhere but it comes off pretty easy and since im a former nail picker (a very, very bad one) i kind of like picking it off.
I just hate when the brush isnt long enough to reach down to the bottom.
Why the fuck make a bottle that doesnt fit the brush?
My nails are completely stained but there always black no matter what anyways so no one can ever tell.;]
So i guess i cant give much advice.
peacebear5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #27
LegendGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Elia†
I use Manic Panic nail polish.
Yes, Manic Panic is one of the best. Raven and Hell's Bells are my favorites.

I also like OPI nail polish (usually only available at salons). They're expensive, but they have lush, beautiful colors with a lot of pigment in them, and they wear well. My two favorites: Black Tie Optional, and Purple With a Purpose.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #28
honeythorn

Legendgirl...I salute your choice of avatar and name ! I took my name from the same film ( left off the gump though )
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #29
ApothoKeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendGirl
Yes, Manic Panic is one of the best. Raven and Hell's Bells are my favorites.

I also like OPI nail polish (usually only available at salons). They're expensive, but they have lush, beautiful colors with a lot of pigment in them, and they wear well. My two favorites: Black Tie Optional, and Purple With a Purpose.
I like OPI too, I usually use the 'Lincoln Park after dark' which looks a very dark purple in the bottle but solid black on...and the St. Peters-burgandy, a dark, closest I have found to blood red. You can buy them at Trade Secret Stores or get a salon manicurist to order it for you, not sure where else to get them.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #30
meezerosity

I love OPI, Lincoln Park was the name of my school haha.

I'm cheap for black polish though, I use wet n wild or NYC or something. Best tip I can give you is no matter how cheap your colors are, spend the money on a good quality top coat since thats what keeps it from chipping.
meezerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #31
lilithstarr

There is a fairly cheap brand you can find at walgreens. The brand is Sinful Colors. I think it's somewhere along the lines of $1.99 a bottle. They have some dark colors. Last two I purchased were a black with tiny sparkles in it called "what's your name" and a metallic purple called "Fiji".
lilithstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #32
sweetdreamr23

Pretty much any nail polish out there works pretty good. I have many bottles of black nail polish and they all work well. Just find a brand that looks trustworthy and I bet it will work great. I usually put on two coats then one coat of quick dry. I suggest Maybelline.
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:51 AM   #33
NightmareInShiningArmour

I just bought a bottle of black nail polish that was jet black, put it on and went out.

Voila.

Screw the brands xD