Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
DeathToLems

NewRocks to buy or not to buy!!?!?

Im about to buy another pair of new rocks. This will be my seconds pair.

The dude at the website says they dont have my size for the ones I want. So the geezer says hes got this other pair that I might like.

So peeps I'm asking around to find some feedback.

Here are the boots yo.
http://img.nokaut.pl/p/72/8f/728fb2d...e42500x500.jpg

http://www.newrockstore.com/zona1/ca...47IT_NE_PL.jpg

(Keep in mind I cant be wearing the awesome chunky and full of metal ones because of my job)
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
dreamydancer

Wow, those are the first pair of New Rocks that actually look very nice. But hey, that's just me. I never thought New Rocks was a nice brand of boots.

I like it u-lut.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
Xombie

Eh. I think there are a LOT hotter New Rocks. Those things are crazy, and I think you could find better. :]
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
DarkGentleman

I own a pair of New Rocks and they're the best boots I've ever worn. If you want comfort (along with quality), then I'd suggest investing in a pair and you won't regret it.

I'm going to order another pair at the end of the month as a x-mas present for myself .
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
I own a pair of New Rocks and they're the best boots I've ever worn. If you want comfort (along with quality), then I'd suggest investing in a pair and you won't regret it.

Quite f*cking True my man!

My first pair I fell inlove with them the moment I saw them.
They really are comfortable.
People ask me are they heavy? yea they are but you dont even feel it when youre wearing them. And then after a year of wearing them you cant wear anything weighing less then a newrock boot! XP
But thats alright.

Last night a friend was looking at my boots then looking at another womans with normal black boots on and he turned and said
"I was wondering which would win in a S&M contest, hers or yours? I think yours"
YAY! Win!

So yea anyways I got the boots and i love them! the only thing i forgot when buying these babies was the stifness of the leather when its brand new >_<
The pain! oh the pain! but its so worth it! my feet looked so good!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
chelseagirl

I like those a LOT better than most New Rocks.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
DeathToLems

oh and I didn't know this when buying them. But that patch on the front where the little metal logo is can actually be pulled aside to reveal a pocket or some kinda storage space to hold money (I guess)
Neato!

yea I said neato <_<
Old 12-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

My New Rocks cost alot and both pairs fell aprt really quickly.
I wouldn't buy them again.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
Lolly PopMuzik

Nah, too fucking tacky for my liking.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #10
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
My New Rocks cost a lot and both pairs fell apart really quickly.
I wouldn't buy them again.
You know i have to agree with you on this.
The inside where my heal is started ripping up and shredding after about 2 months. But that was because I was wearing them about 18 hours a day. So i guess the heat from my feet must have soften the leather and when I took of my shoes it must have been stretching them. So eventually they got so fucked inside. But then again I have had them for a year now and with constant wear I can still at least make the outside look good as new with just a few buff's with some shoe polish. ^_^

But now I have two pairs I can try keep my newest ones top notch condition.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
oh and I didn't know this when buying them. But that patch on the front where the little metal logo is can actually be pulled aside to reveal a pocket or some kinda storage space to hold money (I guess)
Neato!
That's brilliant. Now I want a pair, just so I don't have to bat my eyelashes at friends with pockets and hope they'll hold my ID and money when we go out dancing...

Brilliant, I tell you.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
Stormtrooper of Death

I like Grinders or regular 12 hole combat boots better. I've got green laces in mine now. The classic UK82 look.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #13
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
The inside where my heal is started ripping up and shredding after about 2 months. But that was because I was wearing them about 18 hours a day. So i guess the heat from my feet must have soften the leather and when I took of my shoes it must have been stretching them. So eventually they got so fucked inside. But then again I have had them for a year now and with constant wear I can still at least make the outside look good as new with just a few buff's with some shoe polish. ^_^

But now I have two pairs I can try keep my newest ones top notch condition.
Worse things happened to my mate's and mine...DX!

All the metal bits broke and fell off, the bits holding the shoelaces on came off, the zips would stop working etc All in a matter of 6 months to a year.
Needless to say...we all decided to buy a different brand of boots lol! It was terrible.

My demonias and DMs have lasted me 3 years and are still in really good condition and my demonias were cheaper. That really says something to me.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:55 AM   #14
c130

Quote:
The inside where my heal is started ripping up and shredding after about 2 months. But that was because I was wearing them about 18 hours a day.
That happened to mine too. I even emailed New Rock to see if it could be fixed, and they said they'd do it for free, but I'd need to post them to Spain to get them fixed... so, uh, nah. Too much hassle.

Whenever I haven't worn them for a few days, the torn leather goes all jagged and sharp, but it softens up after an hour or two on my feet. That bit is the only complaint I have about mine; they've held together remarkably well otherwise, and I wore them non-stop for over two years.

I don't wear them much these days because I cycle to college, and New Rocks don't perform well with bicycles...