Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #26
Rorschach Twin

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #27
Delkaetre

It wouldn't be something to be taken lightly.
The means of death would need to be considered, lives weighed in the balance.
I think I would use it to grant a clean, dignified death to those denied the right to voluntary euthanasia by their governments, so that they could meet death bravely instead of wasting away in lives of pain and humiliation as their disease consumes them.
It would be too dangerous to use against world leaders, as sudden deaths create a power vacuum and thus breed rather than end wars.
Despite the great temptation, I'd be very wary of killing even those I'm certain to be guilty of crimes of stunning violence- vile as they are, those individuals may have unexpected consequences. Might be good to free the world from their viciousness, but at the same time it is too easy to make a mistake and allow the wrong one to die... the US' death row shows this, with many men killed only to be later shown as innocent.

I think I would reserve death for those who wanted it, needed it, to avoid the agony and humiliation of life. No others. I could not be trusted to remove others without becoming lost to the lust of power, and I suspect the same could be said of most of you.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #28
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Can I ask what you hate about him?
(sigh) He gets drunk daily and then this last weekend yells at my wife 1 inch from her face when she voiced concern about giving him his son back (after we babysat) because he seemed too inebriated to handle himself much less a 1 year old, and then the next day he asks for money. We cut that off after the first few episodes, but now he just seems to get drunk more often. My grandson doesn't need that kind of an example.

He was doing well for a while earlier this year, but now is back to his old ways.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote