Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
TheDomesticGothess

I Came, I Lurked, I Registered

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd finally sign up after procrastinating for so long about doing so. Call me Minerva, I'm a Gothic Educator in Canada where I host "The Domestic Gothess Tea Seminars" and teach sewing, corsetry and costuming and a variety of other mediums depending on the class topic. When I'm not teaching or working I'm writing and working on the up and coming gothic crafts website some of us are trying to pull together. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else I should say here.

Thanks for Reading,

Minerva
TheDomesticGothess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 AM   #2
Jaye Jang

Welcome aboard. Try the sticky about yourself so we can get to know you better.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Cool occupation you have Minerva, welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

You get paid to teach people about goth?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
TheDomesticGothess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You get paid to teach people about goth?
I don't quite teach people about Goth I teach dark craft and sewing and such. I t all depends on what I'm brought in to teach about.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Lords, what don't I do. Hmmmm.... Sewing, constructing, reading, writing, teaching, working, cooking and plotting generally consumes my days.

2. Where are you from? Canada

3. Who is your favorite author? Rice, Shakespeare, The Brontes and most 18th century authors that don't put me to sleep.

4. What are your favorite films? Last Life in The Universe, A tale of two sisters, Vampire Effect and most Chinese horror drama.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? "The Courtesan's Lament"? (I'm not sure what it's called, it's from a lovely Chinese opera.) Or Something by Orgy.

6. At your funeral? How Morbid... Hmmm..... I don't think it'll matter much since I won't be there.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Like a slowly enfeebled matriarch, surrounded by my minions and dressed in my finest ball gown and jewels while they all mourn and wait for my last breath while doting on me as I should, knowing full well that once my last breath is taken anarchy and civil war shall break out amongst them to take my place.

8. What kind of casket would you want? They'll probably cremate me, just to make sure I'm good and dead.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? A large petticoat under a heavy velveteen skirt with Fleur de li lace trim. A tightly cinched Victorian or Edwardian corset in red or sharp green overtop of a sensible blouse or top. Throw a lacy apron over top of it all and I'm set.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? I've never left such a state. Immortality and eternal youth is a frame of mind.

11. What's your favorite band? Robin Fucking Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars, Lacuna Coil, Dir en Grey and Bach

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Just finishing up the tail end months of an English Lit Degree.

13. Why did you join? I have no idea, I lurked for quite a while and here I am now.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female. I hope my answers did give it away.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

A TALE OF TWO SISTERS?!
I love that movie!

I immediately like you.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDomesticGothess
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female. I hope my answers did give it away.
I really don't like that, it's as if you're saying "I sew, what could I be other than female?!"
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
MegearaErotica

The only man I've ever met that sewed was my third cousin Matt, and he was gay.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
TheDomesticGothess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I really don't like that, it's as if you're saying "I sew, what could I be other than female?!"
Actually I was referring to my use of the terms Matriarch, petticoat and such. I have a lot of male students in truth. As well my name refers to "Gothess" which usually offers a female bias more so than an androgynous term like "Goth" Would. BUt if I've offended, I apologize.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
We need to keep it that way!

If men start sewing and cooking, women will want to do man things, like drive and vote!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Saya

Do you own a website by the same name by chance? And until recently a blog by the same name? If so I think I swiped a few recipies from you ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
a morbid curiosity

Salutations and welcome to gothic.net, Minerva.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #14
TheDomesticGothess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Do you own a website by the same name by chance? And until recently a blog by the same name? If so I think I swiped a few recipies from you ^_^
Hehe Yes! That is me, So you found us have you? Hopefully we'll have some more recipes and stuff up within the month, just getting started there and fight my ever unhappy computer that seems to want to vanquish me.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
My brother sews, better than I do and has a girlfriend.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
MitsyMayhem

Oh yeah. And very nice to meet you Minerva. If I was anywhere nearby, I'd love to attend a seminar.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #17
MegearaErotica

Quote:
We need to keep it that way!

If men start sewing and cooking, women will want to do man things, like drive and vote!
I was only saying that the only man I've ever met who sewed was gay. I never said that I thought it was wrong.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
TheSomnambulist

Hello and welcome.
TheSomnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #19
TheDomesticGothess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
Oh yeah. And very nice to meet you Minerva. If I was anywhere nearby, I'd love to attend a seminar.
Awesome, Eventually We do plan on getting some filming done and putting a few on the net somewhere so distance won't be so much of an issue.

Thanks for being so welcoming guys!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #20
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
I was only saying that the only man I've ever met who sewed was gay. I never said that I thought it was wrong.
Why is his sexuality even relevant?

I like to paint, and I have grey eyes. Great.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #21
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh

My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #22
$haDe

Welcome!!

I took 5 minutes lurking and a minute to registered. Haha

Quote:
A TALE OF TWO SISTERS?!

First watch, I thought it supposed to be horror movie.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh

Because he's the only gay man I know and also the only man I know who does "domestic" things. I know plenty of straight men and none of them do anything considered domestic.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #24
$haDe

Quote:
Because he's the only gay man I know and also the only man I know who does "domestic" things. I know plenty of straight men and none of them do anything considered domestic.

I do cooking,too.

It's necessary. I lived on my own and the restaurants are in uptown...and they're way too far.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #25
Saya

Most guys from highschool do know how to sew because Clothing was an easy credit ^_^ And every guy I dated cooked very well, I must have a subconcious attraction to that. Anyone who feeds me delicious things has my undying affection
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote