Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Child_of_Fury

Selfish _parents_

Last autumn, I was diagnozed with a severe migraine. Inhuman pain in the head is nearly an everyday guest for me, and almost anything seems to trigger it. I've got rather good medicines for it, but they make me feel sick sometimes so I try and get away with only aspirin, and if it doesn't work, I'll just go to bed. I'd need almost complete darkness and silence for my head to stop hurting, but sadly...

I get along with my folks, so that is not the reason. I'm used to their "loud" way of living (loud conversations, TV on very loud, hollering to each other from the opposite ends of the house...), but when I was diagnozed with this condition and they were explained that silence would be required during migraine seizures, I thought they took it seriously.

Apparently, I was wrong.

More than ten times now I have literally collapsed to bed, basically pleading for quietness. That, as I see now, is too much to ask. They still have their TV on nearly in the max, they still have loud conversations right next to my room, and when I finally shout them to turn their friggin' TV down, they say they can't hear the telly (we don't have dubbed programs here, they read the subtitles. Why do they need to hear the telly?), or the program requires loudness.

I don't ask for silence that many times at all. Once a week, perhaps. But they refuse to provide me that, even though I'm sick all over my room, my head is tearing itself apart and people can see I'm not well. I have a feeling they don't believe my pain. They don't believe the doctor. They don't believe my head is hurting a lot.

I'm glad I don't need to live at home for long anymore. I'm sure as hell gonna miss my parents, but it hurts when they just turn a blind eye to my condition.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
Anguelon

Severe cases of migraine have been my companion for many years. I get used to have to go to the mountains to visit my grandparents for two months and they live "loud" although they have perfect hearing. And you know what I get used to do? I bought a pair of earplugs and I'm not kidding. I promise you, the problem will automatically go away.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Child_of_Fury

Ooh, that's definitely what I needed; practical advice

I used to wear earplugs while motorcycling, but then I bought a proper helmet that muffled the noises itself... I guess I'll try and find where I shoved my earplugs.

Cheers, Anguelon!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Fury
Ooh, that's definitely what I needed; practical advice

I used to wear earplugs while motorcycling, but then I bought a proper helmet that muffled the noises itself... I guess I'll try and find where I shoved my earplugs.

Cheers, Anguelon!
Anytime my friend.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
Porphyria

I've found that white noise helps with my migraines. I have a toddler in the house, so it's fairly impossible to have silence when I have a headache. When medication fails, I go to bed and turn on a little desk fan that has a nice, even hum and then I put on my headphones and tune my Mp3 player's radio to static. I can't hear anything but white noise when I do that and it helps me feel better.

Also, if your bathroom doesn't have any windows, try sitting in there with the lights off and the exhaust fan running. You can turn the shower on, too. Sometimes the steam helps me feel better, but I can't stand the water droplets hitting my face, so I sit outside the shower and let the bathroom fill up with steam.

Sorry your parents are kind of being assholes about your headaches. I don't really know what to tell you about that except to do your best to deal with it until you move out.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Aaroneet

I've never really had a migrane, although I do know what it feels like for your parents not to respect your wish for silence when you need it the most. I'm naturally a competitive student; when I work, even the slightest noise can disturb me. Gradually, I've adjusted to their "noisy" lifestyle (loud television, etc.), although I still need a certain degree of quietness to concentrate. And when my brother blasts his electric guitar, that's when I become irritated. I'm sorry to hear that your parents don't listen to you; perhaps you just need to keep bringing it to their attention. I'd know this from dealing with children; some never grow out of the "short-attention-span" phase whereby they need to constantly be reminded that their activities are disturbing others. Don't be afraid to make it seem urgent; you need this.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
Anguelon

Aaroneet, I just noticed you used a quote of mine. Glad to know somebody shares my sarcasm. Thank you. My publisher will be so proud.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
Aaroneet

*Off-topic*

Anguelon, I couldn't resist .
Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
Tha Duckman

Yeah, those cunts! Birthing you, feeding you, cleaning shit off your ass for years, shelling out money to keep you alive.

Where do they get off?
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #10
Child_of_Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Yeah, those cunts! Birthing you, feeding you, cleaning shit off your ass for years, shelling out money to keep you alive.

Where do they get off?
I seriously hope you respect your parents as much as you seem to claim.

I know I respect mine.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 AM   #11
electrosexual

Merzbow, Maurizio Bianchi, Jason Cosco, Con-Dom

For when even silence is too loud...
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #12
Tha Duckman

Would you respect someone who used to put out cigarettes on you for watching cartoons too early in the morning?

Hell, I appreciate that they reared me, but seriously, complaining because you had a migraine and yr parents were being loud is retarded. Come back to me when they put you in hospital for spilling paint on the back patio.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 AM   #13
Child_of_Fury

I refuse to get involved in conversations with you, Duckman, for obvious reasons.

Case closed.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
Tha Duckman

You're just jealous 'cuz I've got a cuter butt.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #15
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
Would you respect someone who used to put out cigarettes on you for watching cartoons too early in the morning?

Hell, I appreciate that they reared me, but seriously, complaining because you had a migraine and yr parents were being loud is retarded. Come back to me when they put you in hospital for spilling paint on the back patio.
It's called the whining board for a reason.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #16
Tha Duckman

Then whine about something worth whining about. Mommy and Daddy are being too loud doesn't really cut it, in my opinion, which is obviously the only one that matters because I have a cute butt.