Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #26
Xombie

Because you know all about r.ape and women, right? You know, since you've been with so many.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #27
bleedingheart344

Why fucking condemn someone for an opinion, xombie? You may not agree with it, but he has the right to express it without being judged.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #28
Wednesday Friday Addams

But she is entitled her opinion of an opinion or person.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #29
bleedingheart344

True enough. I would just like to see Xombie express some decent information in her protest, rather than simply attack him.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #30
Xombie

First of all,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
What a sick bastard, by the way. How dare he assume gongs need to be struck regularly? Jesus...
This has about as much substance as my "attack."

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that r.ape is universally accepted as being not only immoral on the offender's part, but emotionally damaging to the victim. I don't think Duane, seeing as how he constantly bitches about not being able to talk to women, can speak for one. He was absolutely right when he expected to have r.ape wished upon him. I'd like for it to happen to him, and then he can tell me how little it affects him.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #31
bleedingheart344

Too bad I was joking and that wasn't even attacking anyone. *yawn* People speak for people in Iraq that haven't even been in a war and we still value their opinions, blah, blah, blah.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #32
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Actually no, it does make sense,
*ANTI-ASSHOLE MAN FLIES IN* Duane, I can tolerate your incessant whining about not having a girlfriend. I can tolerate your unfunny 'Super Goth' bullshit. This, though, I won't abide.

Quote:
They could be somewhat provoked.
Somewhat provoked? To r.ape someone? Like, what, "Hey, you're wearing a low cut dress! Ordinarily I'm a nice guy, but now I'm going to r.ape you?" or "Hey, you stepped on my foot! R.ape time!"?

Quote:
Could allow themselves to be ***** to get attention.
Repeat this sentence over to yourself, very slowly. There's something wrong here. Can you guess what it is?
Highlight for hint: It's not **** if you allow it

Quote:
Women aren't as weak and harmless as they seem to be.
Another clue in the "Why Duane Can't Get A Girlfriend" mystery- he thinks all women are concealing their true nature beneath a facade of 'weakness' and 'harmlessness'.
Well, regardless, you're right, women aren't inherently weak or harmless, but that doesn't mean there isn't a rapist out there who is capable of overpowering certain members of the sex.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #33
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Too bad I was joking and that wasn't even attacking anyone. *yawn* People speak for people in Iraq that haven't even been in a war and we still value their opinions, blah, blah, blah.
Yeah, I misread. Sorry.

I certainly don't value Duane's opinion. He shouldn't say anything on account of women, as he openly admits to repelling and disgusting them, which I believe makes it safe to assume that he knows nearly nothing about them.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #34
Dark Clarissa

Having been the victim of an attempted r.ape assault when I was 13, I object to any suggestion that ANYTHING that provokes a man to do this act is a justifiable excuse for r.ape.

R.ape is NOT about sex its about power.

Anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant and insensitive fucking twat.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #35
Lapin

**** isn't always about power. Sometimes it's about rage, or even, in rare cases, the rapist gets off on having to force the victim. So, it can be about sexual pleasure. Especially with cases of pedophilia. Power is a factor, but it's not the only one.

I'm not going to take nicely to being called an ignorant and insensitive twat Clarissa, especially considering personal circumstances.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #36
Lapin

Arg! Time limit.

What I wanted to add was that, well, I'm not going into detail, but I have some rather insightful looks into ****. (No, I was not *****, nor have I been)

This party needs to be burned. Forever. In a pit full of fireproof crocodiles.

Duane, that wasn't funny.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #37
Duane

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just saying. I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, I was just pointing out possibilities.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #38
Duane

Hm... after actually reading the article again, and then reading my posts. I realized that what the guy said was asinine, as was what I said. I'll admit I was wrong, and that I would know nothing about r.a.p.e, please forgive my ignorance.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #39
blackwater1110

Sympathy for the devil

Duane, man, I pity you. I read your initial comment the same way that Wormboy did--I took it as sarcasm and smirked, figuring you couldn't be serious. I was even prepared to defend you against Underwater Ophelia. Then you said you were serious. You said some fucked-up things, and I think the reason you said them was because you feel insecure and emasculated by women.

I used to be there. I know what it's like when a beautiful woman walks into a room and you feel an intense desire for her, but it only frustrates you because you think she's impossible to get. Perhaps, as a result, you began to hate yourself, consider yourself inferior, and you lost your self-esteem.

That would explain why you post messages on these boards from a victim mentality, saying women could never like you because you're fat, or ugly, or whatever. It's not because you're fat or ugly. I've seen some butt-ugly guys with some gorgeous girls before. It's because you don't love women, you don't celebrate them for the wonderful beings they are. How could you? You don't do that for yourself.

Duane, realize that it's you, it's always been you, that has held you back. For God's sake man, get off your ass, go exercise, cut it out with the Dr. Peppers, get a hobby, whatever. Not because you want to impress women, but because you owe it to yourself not to waste your life any longer.

Believe me when I say your views are founded out of ignorance and fear, and they will change when you take action. The first person I ever loved was ***** by a previous boyfriend. It was very painful for me because I saw the effects of this trauma. She had a hard time expressing affection in any normal way, except when we were alone. She always expected me to be abusive to her, because that's how her previous boyfriend had acted towards her, and that what her mother and father had shown her as a kid. When it came to sex, she had to be in control at all times, probably because after what happened to her, she was afraid of letting go. Ultimately, though, I had to let her go, even though I cared deeply for her; she wasn't willing to be vulnerable to me, because her past experiences had made her too distrustful and hateful towards men. Trust me when I tell you, Duane, that no matter how she dresses, no matter how much she teases you, it never justifies the damage **** does to a girl, nor does it make her responsible for the man's actions.

You're at a crossroads, Duane. You can continue to play the victim, continue to hate women for your own faults, or you can step up to the plate and make yourself better, and watch your world change.

Until that day, though, Duane, you've lost my respect.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #40
raggedyanne

Damn. Powerful words, man.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #41
Duane

I'm very aware of being at a crossroad, I've been there for a while... and it's been confusing me for some time now... oh, and I don't hate all women, just extremely annoyed with the ones who go on about deserving respect because they're a woman, and that you shouldn't hurt them, blah blah blah, while at the same time go out of their way to piss you the fuck off.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #42
Underwater Ophelia

You SHOULD respect a woman just because she's a woman. You should respect ANYONE simply because they're human!

You've got some fucked up ideas about women, and probably about the rest of the world around you as well.

Also--you claim to hate women who "go on about...you shouldn't hurt them." Maybe women go on about how they shouldn't be hurt because weak assholes like yourself make it your business to hurt women!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #43
Duane

Actually, I don't make it my buissiness to hurt women. In fact, I don't make it my buissiness to hurt anyone. I'm a pacifist, who just happens to be very angry. I would never hurt anyone, even if I had the oppurtunity.((Though, there are exceptions))
Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #44
Underwater Ophelia

Right, but being angry over something that stems from your own shortcomings is silly.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #45
Duane

I know... I know... ugh...

Time for a huge fucking change !
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #46
TopHaggardDoll

wow...a breakthrough. I'm impressed.

Regarding the article...i'm not suprised to hear that come from the BNP, they're disgusting people...exactly the kind of people I despise and many people in Britain do aswell. One of my friends read their manifesto and questioned them in regard to their stance on homosexuality. They replied with something that went kind of like..."If any other party stays in power, the country will be overridden and taken over by muslims and it would be alot worse for you than if we were in power"

Well done, BNP. Well done.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #47
Tea and Cake or Death

WOW! Duane, I've just lost a lot of respect for you. I hope, in time, I will want to give it back again.

...yes...I realized you apologized, but honey, too little too late. Something inside of your head needs to change, in regards to your attitude towards women. I'd hate to see you be alone all of your life. I hope you can find a girlie to love you and help change your mind.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #48
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You should respect ANYONE simply because they're human!
Doesn't that truly cheapen respect? I believe we should act with a certain level of human decency, but go to so far as to respect everyone? Treat all people with respect but respect those who deserve it.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Doesn't that truly cheapen respect? I believe we should act with a certain level of human decency, but go to so far as to respect everyone? Treat all people with respect but respect those who deserve it.
In this context, isn't it obvious that that's implied by what I said...?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #50
Apathy's_Child

I'd say respect everyone who hasn't given you a reason not to - that seems to be what everyone's basically saying.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote