Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Metabolik

Unhappy I think my house is haunted :'(

I was just walking up the stairs and I could swear there was someone behind me, I heard footsteps behind me. I stopped and they kept going for a second or so. Worst thing is that i'm home alone right now. My mum is out with her friend and all I have with me are my two dogs. At least I can sacrifice them so I can get away. O_O lol
Old 08-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Cyntrox

It might just be your stairs making noises. Happens often enough. If your house actually IS haunted, there's no reason to worry if nobody's getting hurt
Old 08-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
um, there is something called hallucinations.....
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
Metabolik

I think I do hallucinate sometimes, I see alot of things from the corner of my eyes...they are like pitch black streaks...I hope I am hallucinating...or it is just the stairs making noise.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
Metabolik

My dog is now looking at me funny...I think the ghost possessed it and now wants to eat me.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

Don't make ass posts.

But on the note of haunted houses, my mother is convinced my house is haunted. She used to come home late at night and smell her grandmother's perfume, which no one has or wears in this house.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #7
Metabolik

Mega freaky...reminds me of most haunted...except most haunted is probably fake...on another subject...I thought my post was funny...thats why I posted. Nothing wrong with a little comedy...even if it is lame.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 AM   #8
Don't Look Behind You

metabolik, I also thought your post was rather funny.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #9
point_blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolik
I think I do hallucinate sometimes, I see alot of things from the corner of my eyes...they are like pitch black streaks...I hope I am hallucinating...or it is just the stairs making noise.
hey i used to see stuff in the corner of my eye a alot It could be hallucinations.
used to see alot of moving dark things dancing around specially when i was tired. since they gave me medicine for that and my other problems i havent seen anythings yet except once i stopeed taking my pills . i dont think it matters if your house is haunted as long as you dont feel threatened or unpleasant of its or their prescence.(exuse my bad english) but if you wish to get rid of them some sage and some magick wouldnt hurt.
point_blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #10
Linen

I believe you. It could have been your imagination, but it just as easily could've been a spirit or energy.

I've seen, heard, smelled (yes smelled), and felt ghosts and spirit energies many times in many different locations. They are very real. I've had so many experiences that they're too long to sit here and list/describe everything.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
Breathless Horror

I hallucinate fairly often. I frequantly hear people calling my name. It's not so bad most of the time, except when it sounds like someone is whispering it. It just terrifies me when I'm alone and the walls start whispering my name.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #12
Linen

I know the voices I hear aren't just in my head, because they aren't constant I'm not the only one who hears them. i.e. last Friday I was hanging out with a bunch of people at a friends' house. We ALL heard footsteps out in the foyer & nobody was there. Then 3 of us heard this scary heavy breathing like "hehhhhhhhggghhh". After we left, my friend said she heard ghostly conversations in the foyer and more footsteps, chasing her. Her house is built over part of a civil war battlefield area, so it's not surprising.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Don't Look Behind You

fairly simple explanation: you all influenced eachother's imaginations into believing you all heard/saw things. Happens very often in groups.

The mind is a very powerfull thing, don't underestimate it by blaming things on exterior influences. It all comes from inside your head....

....muahahahahahaha. not.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #14
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
fairly simple explanation: you all influenced eachother's imaginations into believing you all heard/saw things. Happens very often in groups.

The mind is a very powerfull thing, don't underestimate it by blaming things on exterior influences. It all comes from inside your head....

....muahahahahahaha. not.
Rationality saves the day!

People, I am sorry to rain on your parade but, THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS GHOSTS! OR FAIRIES OR PIXIES OR GOBLINS OR ANGELS OR ANY OF THAT OTHER NURSERY SCHOOL NONSENSE!

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 AM   #15
Linen

^ Disbelieve what you will. Ghosts are very real. Of all people, you would think many goths would believe in the supernatural. tsk tsk.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #16
Metabolik

I asked my mum about where we live and my entire street is built on top of a old airstrip, aparrently it got the fuck bombed out of it in world war 1 or 2. It wouldn't surprise me if it was haunted.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy

People, I am sorry to rain on your parade but, THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS GHOSTS! OR FAIRIES OR PIXIES OR GOBLINS OR ANGELS OR ANY OF THAT OTHER NURSERY SCHOOL NONSENSE!
No..... no angels? For real?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
Metabolik

I'm an angel...don't worry my child...
Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #19
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy

What about Gremlins? Are they real? I hope so, because I've always wanted to stage a big gremlin invasion and take over the world.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #20
Porphyria

But Santa's real, right? ...Right???

One time I was home alone at night and I got out of bed to go get the cat because she was downstairs making a big fuss for some reason. So I went down to the landing on the stairs and called the cat. I didn't turn on any lights because I'm one of those people who would rather fumble around in the dark than be blinded by the hall light.

So was on the landing calling the call to come upstairs and I felt what, to me at least, felt like very cold fingertips running down the back of my arm. It was fairly unmistakable. That's the same place in the house where two of my friends (who have never met) have said they thought they saw someone for a split second.

I don't know if it's a ghost or if we're all just over-imaginative goths. I've seen/heard/felt a few things that I can't explain, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was supernatural. I'm still undecided on that subject.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 AM   #21
Rae Ven Rae

well--I don't know about ghosts but some weird crap was going on at my house.

My hubby and I had been at our new home about six weeks when we woke up to find the kitchen tables and chairs pushed into a corner of the kitchen. I didn't do it and he didn't do it--and as I am a paranoid sort, we have locks and chains on all entry and exit doors and they were shut tight.

Also, during a 103 hot wave in Georgia, it was like 68 degrees in the kitchen only --the rest of the house was 81 due to the air conditioner.

But most recently, and most disturbing, I found pictures on my cell phone I didn't take -- they were dark screens--black -- in one of them there is a shape like a face--I am gonna upload it and see if I can make it out...

I will post it here if ya'll want to try to decipher it...

At first I figured my 20 month old daughter had got a hold of it and started taking pictures (it is a razor phone)...but when I tried to simulate that, I got blurred images--not a dark screen--I even laid the phone against a black surface to see if I could mimic the image--nothing...

Also creepy--a couple of times when taking pictures with the phone, my image (and only mine for some reason) will blur out almost like in that movie the RING-- this even if I am standing still and in good light--I saved one of those images as well...

In regards to the table incident, I asked my hubby if it was some kind of cruel practical joke on his part and he told me it wasn't--he looked just as freaked out as I did.

There is just the three of us in the house--my husband, baby girl (who was crawling at the time and asleep in our bed when this occurred), and me.

I also believe the hubby because I can count on one hand the amount of times he may have lied to me on one hand, and then he did it for a genuinely good reason), two -- he is the stable one, not the sort to be pulling practical jokes, in fact, it was his steady level headedness that drew me to him, I get to play the flighty artist and he gets to be my anchor -- and I adore him for it.

A friend of mine theorized that one of us might have been sleep walking and did it, but who knows...

That said, we've been here going on three years and the incidents are few and far between , so who knows...
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #22
Linen

^ Ooo! Do you live in an older home? Georgia has a high incidence of paranormal activity due to a number of factors.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #23
Rae Ven Rae

That is what is weird--it is a brand new home in a new subdivision--however, we had to have an appraiser come out and look at cracks in the concrete in the foundation of our home--he told us it was abnormal and that some stuff probably got left behind underneath the house--also the area itself kinda spooky--very wooded...
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
thedoll

I just moved to San Francisco which is famous for not having any cemetaries because when the land became precious they decided to just build straight on top of them and what not. This provides for much supernatural activity. The victorian architecture is said to call out to spirits because its something familiar while they were alive. Then again all my information is from a hotel concierge, and what do they really know?

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #25
Wormboy

ghosts, goblins, and all that load of tripe do not exist, grow up people you arent five years old anymore

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote