Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Lady Lilith

Mon Vampyr.....

I came up with this vamp story idea when I was in 5 grade, but I keep rewriting it and rewriting it...but my main male vamp just doesn't work...I can't seem to get him....what should I say?....right? Ok, maybe I should start with the idea of the story:

My main female vamp is a Romanian belly dancer who falls in love with (but she doesn't realise what he is until after he turns her) an Italian vampire. The idea for her is that she has black hair and porcelain skin. They met in the 1800s ("they" meaning Dateera(TM!) and Stefanos) and they fell in love...(I don't know why-my friend helped me come up with the plot lines) but things start getting rocky between them when she has an affair on him. She doesn't want him to know so she claims the baby is his. It isn't until the end of the book that he begins to suspect the baby might not be his...

I guess what I am asking is:
a) what you think of my idea for the first book
b)ideas
c) I need help creating Stefanos (I want him to be more of a gothy character)
d) help with Dateera...
Lady Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
StasisInDarkness

Well, first off, what do you have in the way of character development for Dateera other than her appearance? I mean, great, she's pale with black hair, but who is she?

For me, characters are the most integral aspect of any story, fictional or not. From there, the plot sort of takes hold on its own, but only if there is a firm foundation with the protagonist.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
Lady Lilith

hmm...wow I forgot to think about who she is not just what she looks like lol....hmm....wow I'm going to have to think about that for a bit lol...Thank you
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Lady Lilith

Originally the title was going to be "Vampire and Vampiress"...but that kinda seems like a sucky title....does anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
suture-self

I don't have a good title suggestion(Vampire and vampiress should defiently go though) but I know of a site that might be inspirational if you haven't already seen it. Google the Gothic Belly Dance Resource (I can't post the link for you here because of stupid board restrictions).
suture-self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
Lady Lilith

wow thanks....I'll check it out. What do you think of my story idea? Should I change a bit of it at all?