Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Pineapple_Juice

Why the fuck can't people drive?

I just spent over an hour and a half on a freeway coming home for a trip that should take half an hour. My question is this: how is that certain people actually get their licenses? Honestly, I'm being serious. How the bloody fuck do these people legally maintain the right to operate a motor vehicle?

No, wait. That's not my only question. I have more.

1. Why don't people think it's necessary to ever use their blinker? EVER? Are they psychic and assume that the rest of the world is as well? I am not above love tapping someone if they cut in front of me with no blinker. It's not that goddamn hard to flick a long plastic stick approximately 3 inches from your hand. Fuck them.

2. Why the fuck do people feel the need to randomly hit their brakes when there is absolutely nobody in front of them? What, they just get bored and decide "Hmm, I've been pressing the gas for too long, let's switch it up"??? WHY ARE YOU BRAKING, YOU ASSHOLE? Also, why do people think they have to hit the brakes when the car in front of them hits them even though the car in front of them is about 1,000 yards away? To all of these people, I wish death. Slow, painful, embarrassing death while someone screams "you are a stupid piece of shit" at them over and over so it's the last thing they hear. If you are unable to control your vehicle at the designate speed then you shouldn't be driving on that road. Eat my ass.

3. Why do people drive ten and twenty miles under the speed limit? This is the worst. The sign is right there, on the side of the road. If everyone else is passing you by, it is usually correct to assume you are driving TOO.FUCKING.SLOW. Maybe you have absolutely nothing good going on with the rest of your day, but everyone else has a fucking life and certain times they need to be places. Most people do not want to be on the freeway. When you drive slow you are imeding everyone else. This makes you a stupid selfish bastard. Fuck you. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.

4. Why do people speed up when they see that your blinker is on to get over, particularly when you're trying to get on/off a freeway. By you being a dickhead you're putting another 5-8 miles on my trip because I have to get off at the next exit and then find my way back. What the fuck is the problem? Particularly when you're driving slow as fuck and I'm driving five to ten miles over the speed limit. I'm not going to be in your way. You just want to be a dick. Plain and simple. You're a fucking moron and I hope you get in a fatal accident where the child in your car is thrown from its seat and impaled through the forehead by a piece of guard rail.

I hate everyone.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Think of the positive side. Driving is a form of unity for mankind, because despite sex, race, religion, political affiliation, dress, socioeconomic strata, or education, just as we all live under the same sky, we also all believe to be above average drivers.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

I'm an average driver. This rant is about subpar drivers.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
ArchLich

Lol.... do you need a hug? Perhaps a tad more medication? Here's a little wake up call for ya, the world is full of people whom dont know their dick from the shifter, so if you dont like it, you should probably invest in a private jet, or chopper, so you can fly above them and shit on their cars from mid-air.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Lol.... do you need a hug? Perhaps a tad more medication? Here's a little wake up call for ya, the world is full of people whom dont know their dick from the shifter, so if you dont like it, you should probably invest in a private jet, or chopper, so you can fly above them and shit on their cars from mid-air.
Has anyone ever told you you use "whom" in the wrong context all the fucking time?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Has anyone ever told you you use "whom" in the wrong context all the fucking time?
All bullshit aside, you have to admit that shitting on road retarded fuckbags from the air sounds like fun.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Lady Christine

I agree with you juice, in the sense that a lot of what you've described is an subpar just... BAD driver. It's that time of the year though, when all the kids are driving around in their parents cars going to the mall and all that jazz. The only person you have control over in normal circumstances is yourself, just make sure if something bad does happen on the road it's the prick in the other car who's paying for it.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
just make sure if something bad does happen on the road it's the prick in the other car who's paying for it.
Exactly, drop shit bombs on them from helicopters!
Old 05-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
HavelockV

ArchLich, most of your attempts at humor are grounded in excrement, genitalia, and sexual activity. How tedious.

To Pineapple_Juice, indeed, the roads are filled with a whole menagerie of terrible drivers. The ones that irk me the most can be seen speeding down the freeway well above the limit while both smoking and using a cellular phone, and of course, not employing turn signals as they weave recklessly between lanes. Such asinine, willful ignorance astonishes me and perpetrators of such should be violently severed from their appendages so as to prevent them from ever operating a vehicle again.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #10
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavelockV View Post
ArchLich, most of your attempts at humor are grounded in excrement, genitalia, and sexual activity. How tedious.
HAHA! You just inadvertently described 95% of the world's comedians, how ironic.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
Lady Christine

Quote:
HAHA! You just inadvertently described 95% of the world's comedians, how ironic.
That's not true actually. There are plenty of decent comedians that don't need to resort to stuff like that.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
ArchLich

Quote:
That's not true actually. There are plenty of decent comedians that don't need to resort to stuff like that.
"Decent" holding a margin for what would otherwise be considered talentless trash, although yes, there are "some" out there, Will Smith I guess would be an example.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #13
Lady Christine

Quote:
"Decent" holding a margin for what would otherwise be considered talentless trash, although yes, there are "some" out there, Will Smith I guess would be an example.
There are many others, maybe you need to broaden your horizons.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #14
ArchLich

Quote:
There are many others, maybe you need to broaden your horizons.
Perhaps I do, I'm simply speaking on behalf of what I've seen of these "clean" comedians. I'm not saying that someone who walks onto a stage and says "shit fuck whore bitch ass damn skank" is funny, but most popular comedians arent talented enough to be funny without the use of profanity/vulgarity.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #15
Raptor

Quote:
3. Why do people drive ten and twenty miles under the speed limit? This is the worst. The sign is right there, on the side of the road. If everyone else is passing you by, it is usually correct to assume you are driving TOO.FUCKING.SLOW. Maybe you have absolutely nothing good going on with the rest of your day, but everyone else has a fucking life and certain times they need to be places. Most people do not want to be on the freeway. When you drive slow you are imeding everyone else. This makes you a stupid selfish bastard. Fuck you. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.
You're supposed to be limited by the maximum speed you feel safe driving at as well as what the signs say. Unless you meant it's one of those places with a minimum speed and they were under that.

The indicator thing annoys me too, and I don't drive.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #16
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
HAHA! You just inadvertently described Lee Evans.
Fix'd.
Although MouseHunt was pretty cool.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 AM   #17
honeythorn

I still haven't learned to drive. Partly because it's too sodding expensive to run a car ( and the lessons aren't cheap either ) and partly because I honestly get terrible passenger rage. I'm not even driving , yet if something fucks up or someone pulls out in front ect, you can garauntee I'll be the one gesticulating and having a shitfit. Not to mention I can't even drive a go-kart properly. I dread to think how I'd manage with a car!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:12 AM   #18
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Not to mention I can't even drive a go-kart properly. I dread to think how I'd manage with a car!
Haha, that sounds just like me. I only got my provisional for ID.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #19
viscus

Cars are overrated.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #20
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
You're supposed to be limited by the maximum speed you feel safe driving at as well as what the signs say. Unless you meant it's one of those places with a minimum speed and they were under that.

The indicator thing annoys me too, and I don't drive.
So if you feel safe driving at a max speed of 45 and the speed limit is 75, where's the line? People driving too slow cause accidents as much as those who drive too fast.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #21
Solumina

If you are going more than 10 mph under the speed limit and you don't have your hazards on then it is considered reckless driving (5mph under is a ticket), it is rather nice in there area's where it is enforced.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #22
Raptor

Quote:
So if you feel safe driving at a max speed of 45 and the speed limit is 75, where's the line? People driving too slow cause accidents as much as those who drive too fast.
Yeah they do.

You complained about 10 or 20mph speed differences and mentioned being on a freeway. 10mph slower on a road that has multiple lanes doesn't seem unreasonable if those drivers are the same lane. I didn't know about that limit Solumina mentioned, as far as I knew the speed restrictions vary over the US quite a bit. A ticket for 5mph under a speed limit seems especially excessive.

Maybe 20 is too much of a difference.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #23
Solumina

The reason why they are so strict about going at least the speed limit is because people speed to the point where speed limits on roads are made about 5-10 mph slower than is deemed appropriate so that the speed people end up going is what was desired (which just makes people feel safer going over the speed limit thus further encouraging them to speed more, it is really quite dumb). That and technically you can be issued a ticket for going 1 mph over the speed limit so tickets starting at 5 mph really isn't that unreasonable, especially since you can just flip on your hazards to avoid a ticket since it lets other drivers coming up behind you know to slow down.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #24
Saya

This is part of the reason I'm so terrified of driving. I'm finally getting my permit next week, as I understand that when I'm thirty and can finally afford a car I'll probably want/need it, but Christ I'm too terrified of getting in an accident or becoming one of those people who piss everyone else off with their bad driving skills.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #25
strange_pleasure

@Saya, you'll be fine I'm sure and if you don't like to drive or whatever it not the end of the world.

I don't drive and I'm almost 30. I got my license and a car at 17 but soon realized that in all honesty, I hated it.

I don't have the best vision (ironically enough it's from a car accident when I was younger) and I had several close calls on the road. finally, at age 20 I decided that if I killed someone or disabled them I couldn't live with myself. I live in a major city, there a good public trans. system and a bus pass only costs $30 a month. My BF doesn't understand why I don't drive but with all these fucking idiots on the road combined with the fact that i'm practically blind in one eye I'd really rather not put myself in that situation.
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote