Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
Nephilim72

Nephilim72

Greetings! I recently stumbled upon Gothic.net, though I am not new to the Gothic subculture, 5 years going on 6, which would place me in my mid teens range (I almost feel guilty in some ways, having an adolescent mindset back then, but then, haven't we all?).

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Recently I was hired with the Census Bureau. It will (fortunately) be a full time job and should last me 3-4 months.

2. Where are you from?
Currently I live in Goleta, CA.

3. Who is your favorite author?
This is a bit of a tough question, as my tastes vary depending on the subject.

4. What are your favorite films?
Favorite films include Gladiator, Braveheart, the LOTR trilogy, and much more. I'm highly fascinated with medieval and/fantasy movies in general, though these are simply a few of my favorites.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I haven't thought too far ahead on this one, I would most likely have to edit this post later when I come around to a proper theme for my wedding.

6. At your funeral?
There's a wide variety of music to choose from that I find beautiful in their own way, therefore this is one I can't quite answer just yet.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
It's hard for me to say 'how" I want to die, but I was always quite keen with dying of old age.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I would say nothing too fancy, but nothing uninteresting. Again, it is hard for me to describe the details, as I haven't conceived a concrete idea (yet).

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My favorite outfit is my laced long sleeve shirt with a coat that hangs down right about to where my knees are (in fact, it closely resembles this coat, without the chains, however). Back of the coat is also covered in lace. I prefer either my old black shoes or laced/buckled boots, mixed with my typical black jeans. Yes, I'm a lace fan, I know.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Having my mother and father around, particularly my mother.

11. What's your favorite band?
If you couldn't already tell, it's Fields of the Nephilim. I also enjoy Dead Can Dance, Sisters of Mercy, Faith and the Muse, and a few others.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Currently I'm a college student. I haven't yet decided on a career goal I would like, there are quite a few good choices, but so far I am enjoying history.

13. Why did you join?
I have been lurking the forums for some time, and a few of the more recent topics sparked my interest. I figured it was worth my time to join and partake in some of the discussion.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I am a male, and I am 20 years of age.

I certainly hope this covers the basics details, if there is anything anyone here would like to know additional about me, feel free to ask, as always.
Nephilim72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim72 View Post
This is a bit of a tough question, as my tastes vary depending on the subject.
How about naming a few? Or the first one to come to mind.

And that is a pretty coat.

Welcome to the boards!
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Nephilim72

Well, off the top of my head, Poe is a given. I can also think of H.P. Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, and Nathaniel Hawthorne as a few. I wouldn't want to sound cliche, though my personal favorite is Poe.

I appreciate the welcoming!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
Stormtrooper of Death

Hello and welcome sir.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Nephilim72

I felt this needed a bit of revision, seeing as I could not longer edit the original post.

2. Where are you from?
-Initially I'm from "West Hills, CA", wherever that is. I should look into it sometime. Though, I currently live in the Santa Barbara/Goleta area of California.

-Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Bram Stoker, and Nathaniel Hawthorne. Poe is a favorite.

4. What are your favorite films?
-Favorite films include Gladiator, Braveheart, the LOTR trilogy, and much more. I'm highly fascinated with medieval and/fantasy movies in general, though these are simply a few of my favorites. Many of the classic horror movies as well, such as the original Night of the Living Dead. I think that's my favorite zombie movie of them all.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
-I'm editing this post and I still have trouble deciding a decent wedding song.

6. At your funeral?
-There's a large variety, but I think "Innocent Child" by Arcana fits the good setting.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
-Most likely old age, preferably a painless death.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
-I wouldn't want something marginally expensive or fancy in decoration. A simple, low cost casket is preferable.

11. What's your favorite band?
-If you couldn't already tell, it's Fields of the Nephilim. I also enjoy Lycia, Arcana, Dead Can Dance, Sisters of Mercy, Faith and the Muse, and a few others.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
-I am a male, and I am 20 years of age, becoming 21 in early July.