Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #3501
Salmiakki

This isn't really a rant, but oh well...

A week ago during the February half term I stayed for a week in France, with a penpal. It was ok, but by the end of the week I think we were getting a bit bored of each other...

Anyway, just now I've recieved an email saying that she'd like to come to England during the Easter holidays, which is fine, but seriously there is NOTHING to do here. Everything is at least a 30 minute drive away which would involve sitting in the car for ages and being bored...arrrrgh... Why must I live in the middle of nowhere?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #3502
Amledo

Location: Cruddy little town in the heart of midwestern farm country
Salmiakki don't feel bad about living in the middle of no where, we also have to drive 30 minutes to get anywhere slightly interesting and if we want to have fun it's an hour drive. So the running joke is that 'round here we haven't got anything better to do than to dye our hair, get high, or play on the train tracks, and it is basically true. The midwest blows.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #3503
Salmiakki

There aren't even any train tracks here...
Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #3504
Amledo

Well then, we shall have to airlift some train tracks to you, so that you can play on them to your heart's content. I'll even include a locomotive to run every so often and squash as many coins as you like. Otherwise...you are in dire need of video games.

In other news, I am so pissed off right now that I'm not sure where to start in the ranting.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #3505
MollyMac

What is goth? What isn't goth? Label, label, label, define, define, define.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #3506
Mir

Aww Molly *pats you on the back*. It bugged me too once upon a time but now I could'nt care less. *heaves a sigh of relief*

I could have sworn I posted to a thread in this section and the whole thread got deleted. What was that all about?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #3507
ArtificialOne

Technically gothic is an art form founded by germans to compete with english architecture, then stolen by the english and claimed as there own. Kind of like all the new australian actresses claimed by the US..lol

As far as present culture, I'm not going to open that bag of cats...lol

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
Old 02-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #3508
Mir

I think you missed her point. She's pissed off because all G.net seems to do is label and define the goth culture when that effort could be better spent elsewhere. It used to piss me off too. Used to.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #3509
PersephoneX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Technically gothic is an art form founded by germans to compete with english architecture, then stolen by the english and claimed as there own. Kind of like all the new australian actresses claimed by the US..lol

As far as present culture, I'm not going to open that bag of cats...lol
That comparison made me giggle...but its so true!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
Old 02-22-2007, 04:04 AM   #3510
LaKeesha

OoOoOoOo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
What is goth? What isn't goth? Label, label, label, define, define, define.

I dunno, man....
Ask my yuppie neighbors and my husband's redneck friends!

THEY are the ones calling me "goth lady"!

Sheesh.

I gotta go to work.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #3511
ArtificialOne

I hate to rain on peoples parades... well ok maybe not. But labels are importain in culture and society to set boundries dna such so people can interact. Sometimes bad and sometimes good but always nessesary.

Now culture is always evolving an thus the need to set boundaries to keep the cohesian of a particular gourp together. With the boundaries and other technical stuff the lines would blur and dissappear. The noone would feel a part of a group or such.

Ok if that was confusing lets put it this way. Labeling and defining aren't always bad. It is bad to keep a group so closed and angry that you drive away new member... then you'll end up like the Shakers...Extinct...

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #3512
ArtificialOne

OYG!! My spelling!!! I'm going to runnoff and cry in my room now.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 02-23-2007, 01:56 AM   #3513
Momerath

I am procrastinating. It is 4:00am, and my poetry project was due four days ago. I feel bad because every day a letter grade goes down, and I want an A or a B, but I'll probably get a D, now.

I'm so behind in everything, because I missed two days.

My german teacher lost a little book I made, and I am sad because it was a story about me and my best friend, and I showed him the book and he loved it because I made really cute little pictures in it. It has sentimental value and she lost it.

I am in detention tomorrow because I come to school late everyday, and miss my homeroom. The lady at the counter desk called me a lier because I went home sick yesterday and told the nurse I had an open period when I really had a study. I assumed it wouldn't be a problem to go there without a pass, seeing that my study teacher is always gone. The Nurse called me a lier too. I am a very honest person, and I am never rude to any adult at my school, but the lady at the counter is always making remarks and faces, and treating me like I am a horrible person. I am not.

The guidence councelor man is not ignorant in the way the Nurse and Lady are, but he still isn't as smart as one would hope for. He's all about leverage. When I got my Nurse problems all cleared up with him, he told me to go to the Nurse and explain to her the real situation, to "Get on her up side". I said, "Leverage". He uses it with all the students that come into his room. He used it with me.

I'm alright, though. Detention isn't that bad at all, because I am this little conditioned pawn that will just do whatever and never speak out in class.

I want to leave school to be homeschooled.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #3514
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momerath
I want to leave school to be home schooled.
Sorry you are having a bad time Momerath. I know withdrawing from school sounds like a good thing right now, but what you are going through is practice for the real world.

I sympathize with you, but try to hang in there. In independent life later on you will find that there are still people with sour attitudes who are in positions of power, and there will still be communication problems that result in making life difficult.

If you learn to be strong inside and carry on at school, it will help you to deal with more of the same when you leave school later on.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:20 AM   #3515
Mir

You think school is tough? Wait till you get a job. I wouldn't suggest quitting school. It prepares and conditions you for all the bullshit that will be thrown your way when you start working. Not an adequate preparation, but something is better than nothing.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #3516
Momerath

Maybe. I know about the sour attitudes and positions of power in the real world, maybe not face to face or hands on, but I know. I feel like I am in the real world now, though, I am alive and this is my life. The only reason why I should carry on with school is because it is what is expected of me. BUT I really never learn anything in school, especially not anything about the real world. I feel like my school teaches ignorance and insecurity more than actual free will and intellegence.

My best friend, he is 23 years old, he was homeschooled all through high school, and he seems to be way more open about life and he actually questions thing.

All I ever do in school is memorize information and repeat it back. We rarely do any application, and I'd rather they teach how to apply what you learn rather if you can rattle it off or not.

I do really well in school, and I am in all advanced classes. But I really feeled pushed down, and since I am not in the "real world" yet, and I do not understand all the adult responsibilities that I do not have, I would rather NOT be put in a structured, forced, useless education, when I can actually be out in the real world before I have the responisibilities actually LEARNING what I want to learn, and what I feel is important.

They should teach more about life in general. And psychology, and social habbits, and self esteem... and love, and thinking for yourself, and how questioning everything is the only way you'll learn anything about real life.

I KNOW I will always continue questioning everything, and I will never stop learning everything I can. I'd actually rather get a job than go to school. AND Besides that, I never said I was going to drop school, I said I would be homeschooled, and I think there are homeschooling programs where I can actually graduate high school so I can go to college if I wanted to. I really don't know too much about it, though, and I didn't research it or anything yet.

But, I'm not going to drop out of school. I'm too much of a good student to, and my mom won't want me to.

I was only ranting about how I do not appreciate being called a lier by people.

The homeschooling is actually about how much I learn in school, nothing to do with the people. Actually, I rarely have problems with people at school, and the social atmosphere is normal except for all the insecurity and judgement that is just normality where I live. I know that If I just stay truthful to myself and others, and I continue being myself and confident, I know nothing should actually get to me. I am in high school, you know, and I still need some serious practice at letting things go.

I only want to be homeschooled because I feel I would learn better outside of school. I've already observed how hard the real world is, but I really do not care. I want personal growth, not personal suppression.

And to Mir, I don't think school is tough at all. It's so easy. Everything. Even the people there are fine. So, That's not why I want to be HOMESCHOOLED. And I didn't say I was going to quit school.

School is not the real world in any way.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #3517
Shyantra

Homeschool is very educational, esp they way I did it. My mom worked during the day, allowing me to teach myself whatever I fancied just as long as I passed the required state tests.

And how come schools don't teach astrology? Even if you ask a teacher about it, they won't give you a straight answer because it might interfer (sp) with the religious thing.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #3518
maggot

Not to be rude, but if you're such the perfect student, why can't you even spell 'liar'?

In Europe, at 13, you choose your profession. You then study it until you're ready to take it as your job.

...Meh. At least you like 'the Jabberwocky'.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #3519
Momerath

Was the first question... actually suppose to be answered? lol

I wonder how European schools differ from American schools. What do you think about choosing your job at 13?

It doesn't sound too super to me, because I change my mind so much and I try to think of the moment.

What Shyantra said seems to be what I am idealy seeing Homeschooling as. It was the same with my best friend and some others that I have talked to.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #3520
HumanePain

Despite you misspelling "liar" I like the way you think Momerath, and the way you explained and clarified that it wasn't school that you had a problem with, but the people/liars (which is what I meant by "communication problems", I tend to gloss over bad things).

But I still think it is good that you are exposed to liars, as there are plenty of them in the real world. Hanging in there at school will make it easier for you to identify them and learn how to deal with them. Cocooning yourself safe at home is a form of running away from problems, and it is better if problems are faced head on, and addressed.

But also remember this: I tend to pontificate too much!
Gobble gobble gobble it's too much darling, too much!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #3521
MollyMac

Gah. I won't go into the details, but I work in law and am party to a lot of the best of human nature. "Best" is an often misued worst as it implies good when it simply implies the superlative.

The more money is involved in something, the less truth there will be to the situation. And money doesn't change people, money makes them more real to their Darwinistic nature, regardless of religionedness (a word I picked up from a seven year old sick of Bible school- "Are we religioned yet Auntie Moll?").

Who is lying about what?

We all lie about everything.

But why lie when honestly is easier? Because the lie is pretty and the lie makes us appear more attractive in terms of natural selection. We become what will suit us most, whether we agree or not. Honesty is only easier in that it's less to remember. Lies are easier because all you need is a good, detailed blog.

I have seen this a lot, where some people will go from being Jane to John's Girlfriend, and Jane will not exist again until the context is gone. Who is she if not a reflection of someone else? A wayward familiar.

But who is Jane? Is she who she is with me, with John, or when she is alone- how do you figure someone out without the observer's paradox?

I would say that honesty is the key, but we now live so far beyond our means- in money, in time, in self, what the truth, the heart of these matters- to find them out would be the greatest lie. Telling the truth is no longer honest. Facts lack cultural truths. Honesty is effective and for the greater good.

So are lies.

But back to Anna, Anna, Anna. Anna banana Nicole

All the while, her body has been decomposing more rapidly than expected. It's like she is sick of all of this and simply wants to get it over with. Else, she's just mouldering and not giving a damn.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #3522
Momerath

It isn't running away from my problems. I see continuing with this nonesense and conformaty more running away, or more blending than anything else. I see leaving as more as an awakening, not a hiding. I DO go outside of my little world at home, and I do live in the day like normal people.

There were no liars at school. There were ignorant insecure people at my school. They were calling me a liar, and judging me. And I know from my mother and my older friends that ignorance, insecurity, and judgement never really seem to go away.

I know how to handel myself. But I know what you mean about the benefits of staying in school. I'm in the 10th grade right now, and I was thinking maybe I might become homeschooled in a different year. I don't know, though.

lol I actually am trying to stable my emotions first before I do anything. I still have my own immaturities to face before I decide to "quit" schooling, or whatever.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #3523
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
But who is Jane? Is she who she is with me, with John, or when she is alone- how do you figure someone out without the observer's paradox?
Yes, and that is why the internet is also called the alternet.

But be assured. I really am a man. I really am 50. I really do live in California. I can't think of any lies, white or otherwise, that I have posted, but it is also possible that I posted a lie subconsciously, and really believed I was telling the truth.

I am, after all, on medication.

Occasionally, that is.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #3524
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momerath

There were no liars at school. There were ignorant insecure people at my school. They were calling me a liar, and judging me. And I know from my mother and my older friends that ignorance, insecurity, and judgement never really seem to go away.
Well, I must say that you certainly have learned how to communicate well!
Rereading this thread, one finds that I was the one who misinterpreted what you typed. Senility setting in early no doubt. I am impressed with your thinking and articulation.

I need to read more carefully.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #3525
Amledo

I am going to kill myself. Plain and simple, I can't talke this any more. Tell me what to do, please, anyone, help me. My best friend slept with the guy that she was trying to set me up with, as in the guy that I am with now, the guy I sort of lost my virginity to. I think my world is collapsing, goddess, I don't know what to do and I can't keep pretending that I don't know and that I am cool with it. I can't do this. I am so lost because I love him, I really do and he didn't know me at the time, so I don't blame him, but how do I trust my friend ever agian. I need help, or I need an easy way to die.
Closed Thread