Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Amunet

Website design: I can help

just a heads up, if anyone has a trade or profession and desires their own websites, I'm doing them trying to get a better portfolio and experience. Right now I'm doing the free web designs on Wix.com. I've made a few already. Here's the link to the design site and contact me via the contact box or on here if you'd like me to do one for you!

Thanks,

Amunet

Link:

http://www.wix.com/kymleemurphy/kymlee-design
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
the-nihilist

http://www.mojoportal.com/
Old 02-08-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
Amunet

I've never heard of that site before. Do yo use it?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
the-nihilist

No, but I know someone who does. He used it to do the website for the company he works for, he said it was a great program for managing a (dynamic/database driven) website.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
Amunet

thats awesome. I wish I could afford to go to school for web design. I would love to be able to learn coding so i could really get creative with flash. I love that wix.com site though. There's so many templates and choices, that it will be awhile before I run out of ideas at least.
I can only do so much though with the free hosting, and if people want their domains, they have to buy them. Same with E-Commerce
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Cool! I wish you luck! =D

About web design: if you just want to learn and don't care about getting a degree, take a couple of classes in things like Dreamweaver and coding. I took a class over the summer, and it was pretty enlightening!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Amunet

thanks Tam. =) I would def be interested in courses. It's the money that's the problem, if i could get some kind of financial aide, I'd be allllll over it lol
thanks for the suggestion as always =)
Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
the-nihilist

http://www.w3schools.com/
Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
Amunet

ooh nice! Thanks!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
Devil Tiger

Location: In the vacinity of and area, a jasoned to a location...
Really though!
If you are determined enough. it is actually pertty easy to figure most web design and then coding out. html, xml, Visual basic, c++ are actually pretty straight forward once you gain a little experience with them. My first experinces, before going to college for the formal degree, came while fiddling with some bb code scripts on a blog like this. Once you get a clue, become curious, and creative, and acquire enough in your tool kit, to become dangerous; the rest is logic theory. I don't knock going to school though. You will learn lightyears faster that way. But, if you are a hobbyist with the idea, or short on cash, by all means, don't let it intimidate you. Nothing is beyond you!!!
Devil Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Amunet

thanks for the input, I've def been looking into it. I just like working with computers, and creativity is the only thing I'm really any good at haha. =)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #12
Amunet

just so you know, I updated the design on the website just now, I like it better than the first. Check it out and lemme know what you think. Link in my Signature under "Amunet Web Design"

Thanks!

Amunet
Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
the-nihilist

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
Old 02-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #14
Amunet

bump...................................
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
Man In Room 5

Hey Amunet, have you ever done flash animation stuff like you see at Newgrounds? Is that along the lines of what you do?
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
Amunet

actually no, I know what you're talking about though. I haven't learned flash coding yet, I use a hosting site called WIX.com that is specifically a flash design platform.

I basically start a blank site and create one from the several different backgrounds and styles, adding Animations and Video Effects, and emmiters, etc.

I started using wix I want to say, about a yr and a half ago, and I'm trying to familiarize myself with designing cohesive sites that tie into the specific market and or personal touch of whomever I'm designing for.

Did you check out the site already?

Amunet
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #17
FlowerGirl

Amunet: Your site is FLYYY!
Did you come up with all the graphic art yourself? :} the colours and web fonts blend really well.
keep designing websites!
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #18
Amunet

thanks hun! Ya I created the design, this one took me about 2 hours to put it together and I continually tweak different things on it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist haha.

The graphics are already made, I change their appearances and animations, effects, etc like mentioned below... in order to actually create the items, i would need to learn flash coding, which I'm working on little by little. but originally, that site was a one page blank nothingness....

Thanks for checking it out!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #19
Anndrea

what graphic editor do you use?
Anndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #20
Man In Room 5

Which site? I looked at http://www.wix.com/kymleemurphy/kymlee-design if that's what you mean. It was cool, but from the sounds of it it sounds like you're just working with someone else's templates.

I've occasionally considered doing a cartoon site something like Homestar Runner or Weebl's Stuff.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
Amunet

Wix.com is a website editor.

The site you see there is all my design, no one else's template. There are templates you can use, however I prefer to start my own a clean blank style sheet.

You can do e-commerce from this site as well, but in order to have a full functioning website with the e-commerce it is required to purchase a domain, which is worth it if you have a good marketing concept that you can execute. I design those as well usually I set up a brand new account for the person/business I'm designing for and after I design, I leave the publication and the domains up to them.

It's definitely something I'm interested in pursuing and getting experience in, and eventually I'd like to take some courses on HTML, CSS and Flash coding.

btw, homestar runner is the shit.....
Old 02-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #22
Man In Room 5

So you created all the graphics like the dolls and the raven in the tree yourself?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #23
Amunet

no the placement, like i said, in order to create graphics you need coding, but to put them all in a pattern together does take planning... They have templates of finished designs you can use as well, just add your own specific info and photos/vids and you're done, but i prefer to design the coloring and the way things pop out or not, the sequencing, you know, the design part....
lol

if I could actually make graphics, I would def be charging money to design.

so breakdown, on this site:

templates are diff than scratch sheets (blank)

graphics are made, but you have to edit behaviors/animations/sequencing

Graphic design in itself requires knowledge of flash code or CSS, etc which I am not yet privy to.... sad face
Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #24
Man In Room 5

OK. I get it--I guess. I know fuck all about web design, flash, or graphics.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #25
Amunet

lol. its kind of confusing. it also depends on the site i think. you should check wix.com out and you'll see what im talking about. you might like it if you are the creative type with design... its pretty easy to learn once you look at some examples and learn the functions