Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #51
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
spouting your party lines rather than trying to figure this shit out on your own.
Ironically, I've heard a soundbyte air at least 12 times on the radio that said word for word, almost the exact same thing, with the latter part of the sentence being worded a little more gracefully for purposes of complying with the FCC's regulations.

So, Loy, either you're ripping off lines you've heard on the radio, or it turns out someone uses the same palaver/ideology as you. Or rather, you use the same palaver/ideology as others (hey, I heard it from them first).

There are two sides to take on an issue. Oppose or for. So apparently you're either a Democrat or Republican on the issue of Terri Schiavo, according to your remarks. Yet you say her situation doesn't affect us at all, so what do we have to gain out of this politically? Especially since it doesn't affect us? I've reviewed the case history, myself, and I've come to my own conclusion. The only thing the Republican party has really done to affect me is really bring the issue to the national limelight for open discussion/debate. But it would be incorrect to simply give the Republicans the credit for that, as there were many Democrats who also voted for the legislation. That came here, opinions were asked for, I delievered my own. Does it sound like someone else's? Yeah (inevitably it would, reguardless of your political affiliation). But then again, so do your remarks from earlier. Point?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 03-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #52
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone

p.s. I wasn’t aware of any State or States in the union that recognized assisted suicide? Which one’s do?
http://egov.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/pas/index.shtml
Old 03-23-2005, 11:53 PM   #53
AlKilyu

Thanks TStone, right back at ya.

Does sanguine mean hung, cause I would like it to be that.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:20 AM   #54
CptSternn

First, it doesn't matter if starving is inhumane or not, if its the persons wishes.

Second, in the state she is in, she is not going to feel pain anyway, or be able to distinguish what pain is.

Third, no one knows that any of the pre-approved execution methods aren't painful. No one has ever lived to tell that they felt no pain.

And finally, starving is only bad for the first week while your thinking about it. After that, you feel no pain. If she can't feed herself I'm guessing she has no concept of hunger to begin with.

And before you ask, I have personally met men who have been on hunger strike for weeks, and have personal knowledge of the pain involved. After the first week or so you body stops responding to the pain involved and it goes away. Not saying its not a horrbile way to die, or that its by any means humane, just telling you what happens.

Slán
Old 03-24-2005, 04:33 AM   #55
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Does sanguine mean hung, cause I would like it to be that.
this is the best line ever written.

ever.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #56
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
If she can't feed herself I'm guessing she has no concept of hunger to begin with.
Well let me break this down for you so you can comprehend me.

You are full of shit.

Now explain to me, how someone not being able to feed themself means they don't feel hunger? I worked with brain damaged and mentally retarded children who could not FEED THEMSELVES, but they still got HUNGRY. Loved to eat. Even with a feeding tube your stomach still reaches a point of satiation. A feeling of fullness. I mean, try real hard and think about it. You get shot in the head and can't feed yourself anymore, what kind of odds do you wanna put on you no longer having an appetite, just because you can't do it for yourself anymore?

Ability does not superceed desire. Hunger is one of the basest human emotions. Strip everything else away, Hunger will remain.

' Hunger knows no friend but its feeder. '

~Aristophanes

Quote:

And finally, starving is only bad for the first week while your thinking about it. After that, you feel no pain. .

And before you ask, I have personally met men who have been on hunger strike for weeks, and have personal knowledge of the pain involved.

After the first week or so you body stops responding to the pain involved and it goes away. Not saying its not a horrbile way to die, or that its by any means humane, just telling you what happens.

Slán

Tell me one more time how it isn't painful after the first week?

The first week is NOTHING compared to the SECOND week. The pains and empty hollow feeling in your stomach threaten to drive you mad. Your too weak to move, and all you can think about is making that fucking feeling go away.

Don't tell me it doesnt hurt after the first week. I lived it, on the streets with the choice of feeding my son, or myself.

I fed him, and the hunger and desperation I felt is something that I will never forget as long as I fucking live.

I went more than 12 days without eating, and I would I NEVER want to experience that trapped, painful, frightening feeling again.

You feel as if everything else in your body ceases to be, except for that gnawing pain in your stomach that screams for sustenance.

Hunger strikes right?

Try a FORCED Hunger Strike.

Different mindset, and a completely different flavor of Hell.

You don't know, so do me the respect of not pretending like you do.

Pray to God you never have to find out firsthand.

"A hungry people listens not to reason, nor cares for justice, nor is bent by any prayers."

~Seneca

*Edit*

I realize this makes me a giant ass for bitching at everyone else last night for being shitty, but I just lost my cool at such repeated blantant misinformation.

Sorry to the rest of you.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #57
Deadhymn

Quote:
First, it doesn't matter if starving is inhumane or not, if its the persons wishes.

Second, in the state she is in, she is not going to feel pain anyway, or be able to distinguish what pain is.
IF THE PERSON WISHES?!?!? You are COMPLETELY misinformed. Show me where she 'wishes to starve'? WHO THE FUCK would 'wish' that? idiot...

Also, 'the state she is in' is the same as anyone else who is conscious is in. Aside from her basic motor skills and the ability to render speach having gone out the door, she is aware of whats going on, just unable to convey her feelings about it. I guarantee if you were to lay into her with a cattle prod she'd fucking feel it.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:27 PM   #58
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBoy
Also: Alkilyu and Sternn, should I make a special board for personal attacks? I think it'd be a hit.
Sure. Throw another victim into the Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man will beg the mods after two or three ass-handings to delete the thread because he can't handle it.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:19 AM   #59
CptSternn

I stopped paying attention too you after you were proud of the fact your a WWE fan. I mean, really, doesn't your mother get angry when you go slammin your little brother around in your trailer?

(Note: first personal attack there. Since D asked nicely, I'll drop down to the level of the average WWE/Jerry Springer fan for a while to take in the sites).

As far as hunger strikes, I know many. I'll find some personal writings by them if you wish and post some links to them. There were 14 last year, which probably didn't get much coverage in the states as now the brits have the legal power to strap em to a table and stick a tube in them when they loose conciousness, which they did after the 4 week.

Also found this today - a great article on the political side of this. Turns out Delay, the man who constantly is preaching on the news about how taking out the tube is wrong, and is tandamount to murder, pulled the plug on his own father not to long ago. Guess he is like bush in the 'do as i say not as i do' category.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5710023.story

Slán
Old 03-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #60
edible_eye

"You don't know God from Godzilla!"

so shouted the 48th man to be arrested as he charged the hospice, plastic cup full of water in hand, per ron word of the associated press. what he intended to do with that cup of water is anyone's guess. maybe he meant to drown poor terri schiavo in order to bring this mess to a final, whimpering end.

take care, mrs. schiavo - i hope there's something better for you on the other side cuz what you were dealt here surely sucked.

and we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that the courts once again denied the government's request for a new hearing. the right of a family's decision for "loved ones" remains intact over the government's intent to assume control - for now.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #61
ice

Pope Getting Nutrition From Tube in Nose

Uh ohhhhh....... any connections here?

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #62
DreamCase

Terri Schiavo died two days ago, none of knew what was really going on inside her head , or as it is being debated there was anything at all. All that matters now is that she has gone on to a better place and may she rest in peace.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #63
AlKilyu

Quote:
I stopped paying attention too you after you were proud of the fact your a WWE fan. I mean, really, doesn't your mother get angry when you go slammin your little brother around in your trailer?

(Note: first personal attack there. Since D asked nicely, I'll drop down to the level of the average WWE/Jerry Springer fan for a while to take in the sites).

Eat that you soldier wannabe.

Does your mom get angry over the fact you pretend to have served in the military, but really haven't?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #64
CptSternn

First, I am more goth than you pee pee girl, so your opinion means jack.

Second, ally mc-hulkster, judging by your pictures, I think your facination with large sweaty men is probably due to your lack of physic. I mean, if I were a bottom of the totem pole IT guy who sat on me arse all day suckin down ho-hos, I might find some enjoyment in watching real men as well, if I were an ass pirate that is. This also would explain your homophopia and support of the ammendment against gay mariage. Come out of the closet already.

I mean, why is it every picture on this board of you is you on your knees or bent over?

Back in your trailer bitch boy.

Hey D - I'm thinking that new forum is a good idea after all. I am already pining for the old days of #Gothic. Now if we could just get randy here so we could kickban him a few times
Old 04-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #65
AlKilyu

Old 04-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #66
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

Old 04-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #67
edible_eye

hey, what're you jumping all over al's shit for?

oh, that's right. i forgot. when there's a topic to discuss - i.e. xnguela's direct address to you - you tend to cut and run to something else and avoid the topic at hand.

and why, pray tell, do you look like the cat that swallowed the canary in that spooge-filled pic?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #68
AlKilyu

Quote:
Do a poll, not a Brit's pole that you'd stroke for another Guiness...but a poll here as to who's opinion means more: Xng or you. And W T F does being "goth" have to do with anything? Granted you haven't done the whole "I've known Weaselboy longer than an---oh wait...

Quote:
Hey D - I'm thinking that new forum is a good idea after all. I am already pining for the old days of #Gothic.
...nevermind... :roll:

Quote:
Second, ally mc-hulkster, judging by your pictures, I think your facination with large sweaty men is probably due to your lack of physic. I mean, if I were a bottom of the totem pole IT guy who sat on me arse all day suckin down ho-hos, I might find some enjoyment in watching real men as well, if I were an ass pirate that is. This also would explain your homophopia and support of the ammendment against gay mariage. Come out of the closet already.
I'm gay? I'm gay?

Then where is this dude's

right hand?!?!?!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:08 AM   #69
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Al, this is for you:

/ \/ \
\ /
\/

What, a drooping pink penis? Doesn't he have that already?

:twisted:
Old 04-05-2005, 06:25 AM   #70
pitseleh

Oh come on, I was just yankin' your chain! Don't feel bad about the heart, sugarpuff...

And if anyone is less than perfect here, it's ME. Just look at this pathetic excuse for a heart!

^\/^
\---/
..\/..
Old 04-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #71
CptSternn

I'd like to start this post with...BAH...

Xcema - You actually admit to shopping at hot topic and defending mansons music. All I can say is go back to study hall and come back once you hit puberty.

Ally McWanker - Yeah, tis me mate Rick. www.rickdanger.com. You may have seen some of his mixes on the various Metropolis and Cleopatra remix albums. Of course, you probably wouldn't know this, as you spend all day at home pining away over EPS it looks like from your posts. When your not wasting time on silly pix, you have your head so far up her arse, I'm sure you can taste what she eats for dinner. Whats wrong - can't find a girls of your own? That why half your posts are you oggling the pre-teens in the picture post thread?

EE - Same for you. I mean, 90% of your posts are you chattin up the pre-teens in the picture post. I also think I saw you on america's most wanted the other night holding up a liqour store in arizona. And might I say, nice Lynard Skynard shirt you have there as well. I'm surprised there are no reviews of their albums on this site. Maybe you can help contribute a few reviews for us!

(GOD I love that search previous post option)

And finally, you answer the first question about goth...

See, this is Gothic.Net. Not that we give a fuck about your right wing politics. This is a place where men wear lipstick, fishnets, and dance to Robert Smith. Tis the place where we hate everyone, including you. Tis where we talk about all the kewl shite we found at the thrift store, and write poetry about death. Tis a place where suicide is often considered, and frequently talked about. Tis the place where manson is laughed at and hot topic is something you never admit to visiting, but know you must go there when you run out of punky color and the aforementioned lipstick.

(Staples hand to forehead)

Tis not a place where people really give a shit if you like gwbush. In fact we hate him. Hit the clubs, ask the dark-n-spooky kids there. Oh wait, I don't think anyone here in this topic actually leaves their house and sure as hell hasn't actually BEEN to a gothic/industrial event or show for a while.

Wanna be goths with right wing politics that hide in their rooms and for some reason found your way here. Guess what, we don't like the people most people think we like, and we especially don't like you. Tis whats goth is about. We are all about clichés, and being better than you.

So there. To answer the question, I win every argument here because, well to be quite honest, I am more gawth than you. So goth I bleed black. So goth my car horn goes ahnk ahnk. So goth andrew eldritch has a picture of ME on his wall.

Did I mention I met him in philly at the sisters last show? Yeah, I am that goth.

For a complete list of us out there who are (and always will be) right, no matter if its a discussion here on this board, in the clubs, or when in public, then check this link here:

http://www.neverwhen.net/gothic/

We were gawth before gawth was gawth. Yes, we were there in the 80's and 90's when Al first started Ministry. We were there at the local college bar where Trent first poured cornflour on himself and torn apart the stage. We were there when the pacbell tech came and stuck his head between Darrens legs in an effort to setup the first TSU that GNet would expand from ('there is a man right now under my desk with his head between my legs - mIRC log '96)

Yes, we are there now behind the scenes still putting together the events, and websites, you visit.

Toodles, you suburban right wing yuppie arse starbucks drinking breeders.

And for the record, you really should look into the sub-culture your supporting by being here. You might be surprised.

Ye can start here. Take the test. Lets see how g4wth ye really are.

http://www.penddraig.co.uk/pen/tests/goth.htm
http://www.fuali.com/test.aspx?id=dc...7-68c6a62ec25d

(Wow, feeling more and more like the old days already)

-S (More g4wth than j00!)

Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #72
pitseleh

Quote:
See, this is Gothic.Net. Not that we give a fuck about your right wing politics. This is a place where men wear lipstick, fishnets, and dance to Robert Smith. Tis the place where we hate everyone, including you. Tis where we talk about all the kewl shite we found at the thrift store, and write poetry about death. Tis a place where suicide is often considered, and frequently talked about. Tis the place where manson is laughed at and hot topic is something you never admit to visiting, but know you must go there when you run out of punky color and the aforementioned lipstick.

(Staples hand to forehead)
WORD.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #73
edible_eye

yay for you, sternn. you're your number 1 fan!

as for lynard skinard?!? i don't think that's spelled right but what the hey - where the hell did you come up with that?!?

if goth = temper tantrum, then i guess you're right - you are the uber-goth.

GO STERNN!

Old 04-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #74
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:

I know I said I wouldn't post in the politics forum but... this picture made me laugh so hard I actually fell out of my chair.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #75
Disfunction

Quote:
That's interesting... very interesting. Goths support terrorist groups (and yes, that's all that shit going on in Northern Ireland is). Goths are closed-minded to the opinions of others because of their cultural origins? Goths brag about being more goth than others?

Wait... Interesting...

Although through some twisted form of logic, I suppose you could deem Bush a "terrorist" but no. He's not openly a terrorist. So no. We're not going there. As much as I dislike him, no. We're stopping this one here.

People may be shutting down your arguments, but that doesn't mean they are being closed-minded, that means that they are simply seeking to choose the lesser of two evils in their view. Life is life, and taking away life, when there is doubt as to what that person would want and notable doubt as to whether or not they can or cannot feel in that state, is ALWAYS wrong.

So where are we standing now? Oh yes, you're bragging about being more goth. What the hell?! You must be pretty insecure with yourself if you feel you have to notify someone you are "more goth." Seriously, what the hell are you thinking?

Edit: If you are more goth than she is, then fuck being a goth; I'd rather be whatever the hell Xng is.

...don't smother your kids."
Closed Thread