Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
LynLyntheNecrophiliac

...'ello? Yes, um, 'ello there!

Well, hi there, everybody. This is all kind of new to me...so I guess I can just start off like this: I'm sixteen-years-of-age, I'll be seventeen next August; I'm a Junior in high school at Solomon (Kansas) High; I have a cat, named Stella; I have no father to account for, only a mother and a sister; I can only get on the computers at school, or if I'm at my boyfriend's house; and I'm really NOT a necrophiliac, my boyfriend (named Eric) likes to claim that he's dead, and that because he's dead, I'm a necrophiliac. The LynLyn part is actually a nickname my dearest friend, Sherry, gave me last year. Real name is Lyndsie, by the way, but I don't care if you call me LynLyn.

I'm really big on music...I have a very eclectic variety. I listen to EVERYTHING, including Opera, Country, Classical, "Oldies", etc. I love to read and write, and I'm also big on painting. I'm enrolled in two (out of only three) art classes this year, and I plan on going to college for art. I have a lot of friends that are really into the "gothic scene", but I don't really call them "gothic." They're just who they are...nothing bad. *shrugs* I ono, I just don't believe in stereotypes. Labels are for food, not people.

Well, not much else to say, except for: I hope we can get to know each other, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me, email me, or send me a message on myspace. Thanks!!
LynLyntheNecrophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
OCD Insomnia

:P Well I have no idea how to respond to this other than...fill out the questions at the beginning of the introduction board.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Don't worry we will educate you to the true nature of goth if you so wish to learn.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

Welcome to the boards, glad to have another teenager aboard! =P

I feel so weird talking to adults most of the time.... haha.
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!!
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Welcome to the boards, glad to have another teenager aboard! =P

I feel so weird talking to adults most of the time.... haha.
Oh so I don't count, just great

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Oh so I don't count, just great

Aww, Ren, you know I love you. <3 ;D
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #8
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir

Aww, Ren, you know I love you. <3 ;D
The feeling is most assuridly mutual.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #9
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Don't worry we will educate you to the true nature of goth if you so wish to learn.
You make it sound like we'll hand them a pamphlet and then make them sit through a powerpoint presentation .
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
Stuporman

Quote:
You make it sound like we'll hand them a pamphlet and then make them sit through a powerpoint presentation .
"Goth. What is Goth? Many people have asked this question at some time or another. It is the author's intention to answer this question as fully and dully as is required for a passing grade."
Stuporman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
raggedyanne

Yay, another teen! We'd give you the pamphlet, but you're too cool for that. Welcome!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote