Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Valravn

Angry Fuckin World of Warcraft

now is my time to whine about how people get so fuckin addicted to this fuckin game. Like my fiance that comes home and when i speak to him while he plays is not even listening to a single word i say until i tell him to piss off.
Today I wasn't even feeling well and instead of being with me he goes and play this freaking crap! Why in hell people play internet games so fuckin much?????
Valravn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Unimatrix 00

One of my exes was like that. Whenever we went to his house he played this stupid game where he had to catch mushrooms in a basket. The more mushrooms he caught, the more points he'd get. I eventually just refused to go to his house.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

Did you punch him in the tits and kick him in the pussy in the middle of your school?
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Did you punch him in the tits and kick him in the pussy in the middle of your school?
That's probably how she keeps him from breaking up with her.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
That's probably how she keeps him from breaking up with her.
As a response, I shall quote your signature:

BWU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Splintered

Have you ever tried playing the game with him? (Honest question, not sarcastic).

I would love it if my girlfriend played Anarchy Online with me. It might be something that you both enjoy, and you both care about.

However, he shouldn't ignore you. The fastest way to get his attention is to turn off the screen. That way he has to pay attention to you.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
Saya

Last winter my boyfriend got addicted to it, and when we went to his house after work he just sit there on the computer, and expect me to watch. I got bored and started bringing my DS. And it killed me when his character had to go on a twenty minute flight. Sometimes I was like "twenty minutes.....? Wouldn't you rather make out or have sex or something......?"

Of course I decided to surprise him and get the game, but before I could show him what levels I would sink to just to spend time with him he dumped me, because I apparently am the boring one. /whine

Then again he only played Alliance so I wouldn't have enjoyed playing with him anyway ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Cicero

I like World of Warcraft.

At first I really wasn't keen since I thought my boyfriend was wasting his time playing it so often. Now I have my own account and we regularly play it together (all started with the fact that female trolls can have deathhawks. I was in love). In fact I think I've become even more addicted than he ever was, haha.

As Splintered said, try playing it with him (free trial accounts are simple to set up). Or at least show an interest... ask him how the game works, what characters he has, etc. If he's full-on ignoring you though, that's just lame. Logging out of WoW for a few minutes really isn't a difficult process.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
Valravn

Well honestly i have been addicted to wow as well, I got 2 lvl 70 and did most of the bosses in the game but at one point i understood how MUCH time get lost just by playing it and didn't help me a lot it actually made things in general worse for me. So now that i got that point my fiance doesn't and well i think is really stupid that a game comes before real people that you are supposted to love and enjoy spending your time with.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
$haDe

I stopped it when many games started to got banned from the incident that a boy killed a taxi-driver and said "I want money,So, I killed him just like in GTA" And then they started banning mostly FPS game with their so called "aggressive and violence encourage"

Just. Like. That.

That's the console and PC game downfall in Bangkok,the capitol of Free coutry like Thailand

After that,It's online game's turn.

whatever...
Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 AM   #11
NightmareInShiningArmour

My girlfriend's brother is like that.

It's a good thing for us though.
Her parents leave... He's playing WoW... We can go downstairs and... "enjoy" ourselves
Sucks that she doesn't live in my town anymore. -.-
Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #12
Wednesday Friday Addams

Lol arena.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #13
Tam Li Hua

Heh heh. Have you ever played WoW...or really any MMORPG? If you did, I think you would see why they are so addictive.

But like the folks above me have already said, try showing an interest in the things he likes...or reconsider your relationship with him. [I'll go ahead and tell you that if you have a gamer boyfriend, then you -will- have to accept it eventually. It's ten times of wrong to force someone to give up a hobby they really love. However, if you guys aren't spending -any- quality time together because of it, then it may be time to move on with your life without this guy..]
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
Mir

Maybe because it provides an escape from reality, the banality of their everyday existence, that forces people to spend so much time on such games. Or, it could be something else.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #15
Tam Li Hua

I see gaming as no different than watching TV; just a way for folks to get their minds off things, and concentrate on something simple and easy.

I have a feeling I may be playing a LOT of it the closer I get to the wedding..x_x;;;
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #16
Cicero

The sense of accomplishment from leveling up and completing quests and all that would also have a major effect on addiction. It's certainly what keeps me going back to it. Even just picking up a few blue items in an instance or slaughtering a few pesky Gnome players can brighten one's day just that little bit.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #17
Valravn

Honestly I lost all my interest in wow after killing illidan, i wouldnt mind keeping raiding but the farming part is the part which kills me since you alreay spend 4-5 hours raiding and you need at least 1 ot 2h everyday for grind stuff and gold. Ofc the game without grinding would be nothing but people woul be more able to enjoy other parts of life as well.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #18
$haDe

^ I almost given up,too

But it's C'thun <pronounced : Car-TOON lolz >, not Illidan
Old 09-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
Cicero

Yeah, it's a pity it's so time consuming. I hate looking at the clock and realising I just wasted half a day in Azeroth while it was a perfectly nice day outside on EARTH. Moderation is key to balancing life with games, and unfortunately a lot of people don't have the self control (or alternative 'fun stuff' to do) to keep that in check.

To all addicted gamers I can only recommend this.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #20
Saya

Yeah, WoW took a large chunk of my time, which would have been better spent with friends, outside, or on console games ^_^.

One thing I do really hate though is when friends will leave parties super early or completely blow me and my friends off just because they want to go on a raid.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #21
Tam Li Hua

Saya: Yikes! That's -definitely- not cool. :/

I don't like raiding, and have never understood the appeal of it; and it always irritates me when a quest giver I have to talk to gets slayed and I have to wait, like 10 minutes for him to rez. -_-;;;

So. Friggin. Irritating.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #22
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
^ I almost given up,too

But it's C'thun <pronounced : Car-TOON lolz >, not Illidan

No you are talking about the old AQ raid. Illidan is the black temple raid.
The last raid at the moment is the sunwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Saya: Yikes! That's -definitely- not cool. :/

I don't like raiding, and have never understood the appeal of it; and it always irritates me when a quest giver I have to talk to gets slayed and I have to wait, like 10 minutes for him to rez. -_-;;;

So. Friggin. Irritating.
She's talking about end game raiding which is just a more epic instance. Not raiding towns and stuff.
Although raiding capital cities was fun until they did a mega buff to the dam guards.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #23
Duane

I've never played Wow... is it fun? In comparision to Runescape, how great is it?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #24
Splintered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
I've never played Wow... is it fun? In comparision to Runescape, how great is it?
It's like Runescape, in 3D, with Epic Mounts, a bigger userbase, and based in the Warcraft universe.

It's one of the better MMOs, in my opinion. However, it's extremely time consuming.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #25
Saya

I prefer City of Heroes/Villians. I can usually get something accomplished in a short time frame, and the customization is amazing. My character is a freaking ninja rat girl!