Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
CptSternn

Smile Dublin Riots

A TV3 special on the Dublin riots including an interview with someone ye might know...

http://vimeo.com/12565830

-S
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Deadmanwalking_05

The Only Response I could think of for this...

Dead Kennedy's -Riot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSlZoz6jWI

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Damn I'm getting good at shutting idiots like Sternn down...almost two weeks and no replies after my first post in this thread... Just...Damn *Blinks in disbelief*

VICTORY IS MINE...I AM THE KING....LONG LIVE THE KING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQVTtoIGOo

Old 06-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
CptSternn

Actually the vid was removed from Vimeo as they said it was 'inappropriate'. Either way it was gone less than six hours after I posted here.

I have now moved it to my own servers and anyone can view it using an open source solution I found.

http://www.sternn.com/vid_dublin.asp
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Actually the vid was removed from Vimeo as they said it was 'inappropriate'. Either way it was gone less than six hours after I posted here.

I have now moved it to my own servers and anyone can view it using an open source solution I found.

http://www.sternn.com/vid_dublin.asp
I still kicked your ass with the first response to this thread...You lose I win get use to it.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
Hearts_Purple

Wow, it's like watching the Special Olympics.

Too bad there's not an eyerolling smilie for the 'weiner'.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
emeraldlonewoulf

deadman, did you even watch the interview?! wtf? Given your supposed interest in independence, freedom, and peoples rights, (which is the kindest interpretation I can come up with, given most of your posts) it is the least you could do. see what he has to say before you -try- to make fun of him.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf View Post
deadman, did you even watch the interview?! wtf? Given your supposed interest in independence, freedom, and peoples rights, (which is the kindest interpretation I can come up with, given most of your posts) it is the least you could do. see what he has to say before you -try- to make fun of him.
You've finally realized Deadman is a complete hypocrite

*slowclap*

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
emeraldlonewoulf

portrait - Long version:

It isn't that. I know the cultural basis from which his views spring and the conflicting parts within it. ( yes, there are many derogatory inferences to be found there, the jokes that can be made, etc.).

Some people can escape from that to see a bigger picture. I think it is possible for him to consider more than parroting what he has in the past. Of course, whether or not he chooses to is entirely up to him.

I am not jumping on the bandwagon to verbally beat him to a pulp the way so many here do. From his viewpoint, given what he has learned, he is doing the right thing in standing by his beliefs, whether they are accurate or not.

Overcoming fierce dedication to a wrongheaded idea, or even a an idea with merit that is pointed in the wrong direction, is a very difficult thing to do, especially when a high value is placed upon faith in that idea in the surrounding culture.

Can you imagine the force of the dedication he has toward his ideals, combined with genuine research and logic?

Short version:

Screw you and your hypocrisy. We are all hypocrites, in one form or another, and usually by mistake.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #10
PortraitOfSanity

I know, I'm not really making fun of you, merely using the opportunity you provided to bash Deadman.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
Saya

Quote:
I am not jumping on the bandwagon to verbally beat him to a pulp the way so many here do. From his viewpoint, given what he has learned, he is doing the right thing in standing by his beliefs, whether they are accurate or not.

Overcoming fierce dedication to a wrongheaded idea, or even a an idea with merit that is pointed in the wrong direction, is a very difficult thing to do, especially when a high value is placed upon faith in that idea in the surrounding culture.
Being an idiot is a very easy thing to do, a hell of a lot easier than admitting you were wrong. People believe crazy shit all the time as long as they don't have to admit that they themselves have made mistakes.

Quote:
Short version:

Screw you and your hypocrisy. We are all hypocrites, in one form or another, and usually by mistake.
Fuck you and your misplaced sympathy, yes?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
emeraldlonewoulf

He provides that opportunity all on his own, as do we all, by engaging in conversation. But, there must be some benefit to him to keep coming back for more, perhaps it is the sense of fighting the good fight? Maybe all he needs is a way to save face (perhaps civil discussion, a general acknowledgment that learning and forming views is an ever evolving process, etc?), in order to publicly change his views just a tad, based on the aforementioned research and logic?

It's probably a lost cause, but hell, I'm wasting time on a an internet forum in the first place, what could it hurt?

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
emeraldlonewoulf

Sympathy. A desire to help. These are bad things to you? What does it cost me? Especially here?

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
Deadmanwalking_05

What I originally replied to was a video of a riot that took place because of some unknown (and unseen) person in the crowd throwing a bit of brick at the police,and shortly there after all hell broke loose.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
emeraldlonewoulf

Aha. And the history behind it? the insult in question? How do you feel or what do you think about that?

Can of worms opened, I know. Please tell me you did some reading?

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #16
Deadmanwalking_05

The whole thing looks like a provocatured event,by the police or someone with connections to the police.

Just the same as what happened in canada in 2007 where canadian police officers were caught dressed as Anarchist Black Bloc members,and video taped with bricks and bits of hardened concrete in their hands and the G-20 that saya was talking about (and I was backing what she was saying up before she insulted me),when the Anarchist Black Bloc were allowed to run amok for a good hour and a half in plainview of the police.

Who did the canadian cops go after as soon as the Black Bloc were finished busting everything up in sight?

The Peaceful protesters because "the trouble makers were in amongst the demonstraion",never mind the fact that they had a good fucking hour and a half to start kicking ass and taking names of the Black Bloc, but they waited instead because they knew that police officers were in with the black bloc.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #17
Deadmanwalking_05

(2007 event mentioned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1nHvvkzvA

(2009 Pittsburgh G-20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrJ7a...eature=related

Old 08-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #18
Deadmanwalking_05

G-20 Protest In London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qje0K7QBEg&NR=1

Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
emeraldlonewoulf

Deadman - Okay. For the sake of discussion, let's say it could be an event provoked by police disguised as protesters who unwittingly or consciously work for a globalist elite.

Why do you think this? Give me something pertaining to THIS event. There are plenty of sources of information for all sides of the issue. How would this outcome further the goals of those who would supposedly be behind it? What factual support can you find?

This is important, because it can give you a way to try out your adopted theories in an environment not as familiar to you as American politics and history.

Try to find solid reasons and documentation for your hypothesis. Try to build a logical line of reasoning supported by facts.

If you care as much about peoples' rights and freedoms as I think you do, you may very well find this to be a worthwhile endeavor.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #20
alchemie

Hey Sternn, I see the US not far from stuff like this... its gotten kinda crazy around here lately. We have become such a welfare state its embarrassing.
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #21
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Deadman - Okay. For the sake of discussion, let's say it could be an event provoked by police disguised as protesters who unwittingly or consciously work for a globalist elite.

Why do you think this? Give me something pertaining to THIS event. There are plenty of sources of information for all sides of the issue. How would this outcome further the goals of those who would supposedly be behind it? What factual support can you find?

This is important, because it can give you a way to try out your adopted theories in an environment not as familiar to you as American politics and history.

Try to find solid reasons and documentation for your hypothesis. Try to build a logical line of reasoning supported by facts.

If you care as much about peoples' rights and freedoms as I think you do, you may very well find this to be a worthwhile endeavor.
To gain complete control over the population,not over just a nation/nations,but the population of the entire world.

Hear about one world government much?

And that is the point of mentioned one world government,control over the lives of every man,woman,and child on this planet.

I might be crazy and wrong in all of this.

But there is just as much a chance of me being perfectly sane,and correct.