Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
MommyDarkest

Greetings

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I am currently a student in college, studying a degree in Early Childhood Education. I hope to create a career that I can enjoy, but won't make me wish to go on homicidal rampages. My hobbies include: cooking, reading, gardening, crocheting clothes and toys, writing, playing D&D or other games, watching movies with my husband, and trying to find "me time" with two (soon to be 3) kids, school, and life.

2. Where are you from? I was born in New Jersey, raised in Oregon and the moved to Maine as a teenager. I then moved back to Oregon for a year, back to Maine, then to New Mexico for a year, then back to Maine again.

3. Who is your favorite author? I honestly can't pick only one, that is impossible. Stephen King, Larry Correia, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, Brian Jacques, Kim Harrison, and many, many more.

4. What are your favorite films? Zombieland, Hell Boy I and II, Behind the Mask, Get him to the Greek, Grandma's Boy, Role Models, Fright Night (from 2011), Shaun of the Dead, Halloween (Rob Zombie's remake), Tucker and Dale vs. evil, Dance of the Dead, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Dylan Dog Dead of Night, Underworld series (mostly only Rise of the Lycans), and many more.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I have no idea, I was married in a civil ceremony in a park, with only the sound of a fountain and birds. As well as the sound of our daughter running around playing and blowing bubbles with our friend's daughter, instead of flower girls.

6. At your funeral? Chopin's Nocturne No. 2, Op. 9 in E-flat minor, a favorite song.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I hope to die peacefully and without pain, after I have lived a long and fruitful life. Or my consciousness will be able to be placed into a sentient AI and effectively become immortal.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I want to be buried in a plain pine box, and then a year later, a tree planted over my burial place. Preferably an apple tree.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Well, for now I am stuck in maternity clothes, but I prefer wearing simple dark shirts, jeans, and a sweater or hooded sweat shirt if I am cold. I used to dress in all black, tattered clothes, and wore patterned bandannas on my head (it was winter time and I had a shaved head) with a ton of makeup.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? I don't really miss much from my childhood other than one of the dogs we rescued. She was so sweet and loving.

11. What's your favorite band? Nightwish, Type O Negative, Cradle of Filth, Marilyn Manson, Bowling for Soup, Seether, Apocalyptica, and many others, including classical music.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I am currently in my second semester of community college studying a degree in Early Childhood Education. I was also a CNA, but after two back injuries lifting patients, I needed a different career.

13. Why did you join? I would like to find other people to talk to, get to know, and possibly become friends with. I can be quite social in person, but have never felt like I have had any close friends, due to a clash in beliefs, or personalities. The only close friends I have at the moment are my husband, and my sister. I am hoping to find others that don't run away at the inner darkness I carry within, people who can revel in my sense of humor, or my enjoyment of writing graphic horror short stories.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Woman.

Last edited by MommyDarkest; 08-31-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: forgot to answer one question
MommyDarkest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
MommyDarkest

I guess this is what crickets sounds like on a message board... Hello? Anyone?
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Miss Absynthe

Excuse me for not being here to greet you promptly.

I was out.. you know, having a life and such.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
MommyDarkest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Excuse me for not being here to greet you promptly.

I was out.. you know, having a life and such.

I was not trying to be a snotty brat or anything, I was a bit amused by the fact that it seemed like I scared everyone off. Even if it was just my own impression of it. I understand that everyone has lives, and sometimes the internet falls far down on the list of things to be interacting with.

I had also wondered if people here were waiting to see if I would flounce off in a huff over the comments in another newbie thread, and had wanted to let everyone know I wasn't going to do that. Being a sleep deprived pregnant woman sometimes my hormonal brain assumes that I am funnier than I really am. I am sorry for that not translating well on this thread.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Miss Absynthe

Tone is often difficult to translate in text.

If I might ask - how pregnant are you? I asked a friend this question once, and she said "Oh.. pretty much completely pregnant." which ended up with me snorting a cup of tea out of my nose and all over her.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
MommyDarkest

I am currently just over 20 weeks along, I don't mind you asking. That response is hilarious, I imagine that I would also have a beverage come out of my nose if someone told me that. Especially if it was said with a straight face.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Versus

Nobody said anything in my intro, either. Hi.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Miss Absynthe

@Versus - Aww.. Alan didn't welcome you? But he seems to be so good at that.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
Versus

Meh. Alan does an important thing, I think. Although I've beaten him to it once or twice. XD
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Miss Absynthe

Someone has to be door-bitch. We can't let any old riff-raff onto the interwebz.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #11
CuckooTuli

I just looked up my old intro thread as I couldn't remember. Turns out Versus was the first person to welcome me - which is ironic, as he's the nearest thing I've ever had to a nemesis around here. (Although it's all been pretty tame; turns out hippies suck at making enemies.)

Welcome to the site, MommyDarkest. Congrats on the pregnancy!
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
Acharis

Heh. I was gonna say it's now the goths that tend to get flamed here these days but someone beat me to it.

Welcome.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Heh. I was gonna say it's now the goths that tend to get flamed here these days but someone beat me to it.

Welcome.
Goths get flamed by the non goths and the poseur goths end up flaming the non goths, and the poseur goths get flamed by the actual goths, so........
It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote