Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Alan

Small pointless favor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPg9MdN9Gio

Like my comment in this video. As of right now it should be the most recent, but if you don't find it it's my username of jillian.

I know you guys always say I shouldn't get pissed about this stuff, but you also get the chance to make me feel better with minimal effort.
The thing is, this one situation is not even about me being pissed at conservative idiots.
It's that I'm pissed that they're SO FUCKING STUPID that they're bitching to another conservative.

Look at the fucking video! That's a conservative military guy talking about how to think in war. But because he has the balls to admit that the word 'terrorism' is completely arbitrary and dependent in who uses it, and that Washington could be seen as a terrorist by the British Crown, other dipshits on the same side of the spectrum hear this as him condemning Washington.

real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
CptSternn

We have a thread on this started yesterday sure...

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25138
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
Alan

It's not the same, dipshit.
real classy
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
CptSternn

Really? Because the speech yer man gave in the video was pretty much the same I posted in the other thread, a day before you started this thread.

But again, thanks for lowering the tone of the forum with personal attacks. Seriously, can you ever reply to anyone without adding insults?

Does it make you feel more important or somehow more superior to everyone else when you call them names? Is this Mexican machismo in action?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #5
Alan

I may have called you a dipshit, but you talk down to me as if my actions were because of my ethnicity. Nice.
Just shut the fuck up. The point is not what the guy is saying, it's that idiots don't understand him. And you clearly don't understand the point of this thread, so just shut up before everyone else laughs at you more.
real classy
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #6
JCC

Jesus man you need to take some valium or something, you are hyped up all the damn time.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
CptSternn

I still can't read your posts and not think of Abraham Reyes.

If you can't see the parallel between the thread we started yesterday and this one, then you are just being intentionally obtuse. Acting like you are the only one who spots such things in life all the while Saya started a thread with an almost identical topic, and I replied with a post almost identical to the link you included...but since we are not as cool as you we obviously have no idea about these sorts of things and we should have waited for you to 'teach' us by having you personally point out the topic...which we already covered yesterday before you even started this thread.

If anything you took my post, found a similar video of a man saying almost the same thing and then decided to start a thread on it and call us idiots.

You are pilfering our ideas from our thread and calling us names? Check out the time stamp on the posts. Seriously.

If your argument is that conservatives don't like to hear about how America was founded by terrorists and that they refuse to call certain acts terrorism even when faced with insurmountable evidence due to their closed mindedness, then yes, we have a thread on that.

You are not some left wing visionary who is all-seeing and can spot the fallacies of the conservative right unlike the other common folk which exist in this world, you are just a dick. Not just dick, but a dick who stole our topic and is trying to pass it off as his own brilliant work.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Still Jack

Alan, you're so bloody angry all the time. Yeah, there are retards all over the fucking shop, but to be honest, no matter how much you try and talk sense into them , they will just label you as a commie and not listen to you because of it. People only ever hear what they want to. Your view, even though it's spot on, is not what they want to hear so they ignore it.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
Alan

Sternn, let me try to get this straight, you're all pissy because you want to get credit for saying the same thing come guy the footage says he said it in 2001?
real classy
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
AshleyO

You know what? I understand this thread.

Those people leaving the comments were fucking painful to read.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Sternn, let me try to get this straight, you're all pissy because you want to get credit for saying the same thing come guy the footage says he said it in 2001?
Not at all. I'm just pointing out that this thread is almost identical to another thread, which is when you started throwing around insults for no apparent reason and claiming these threads were somehow worlds apart.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
AshleyO

We should terraform Mars and make it like Earth. Then... we can just let conservatives have this Earth and liberals can take Mars.

Either way, I agree with Professor Farnsworth.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
Alan

Stern, this thread is not about a conversation of what 'terrorism' means. That's why you're a fucking dipshit. You just wanna say "hey I had this idea way before anyone, also watch the Patriot"

This thread is about the fact that people commenting in that video are fucking idiots of magnitudes that surpass you. The type of idiots that believe FEMA is preparing concentration camps. So I made a comment telling them to practice their critical thinking, not teaching them what terrorism means.

Is that still too hard for you?
real classy
Old 07-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
AshleyO

Yes. Of course it is, Alan.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Timeless Rebellion

Alan, if you get worked up every time someone is stupid on the internet, you are gonna stroke out before you hit 30.
Calm the fuck down if you wanna have a chance to bitch at people after 30 as well.
(I did give your comment thumbs-up though because I actually believe you are right.)
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #16
CptSternn

Quote:
Stern, this thread is not about a conversation of what 'terrorism' means. That's why you're a fucking dipshit. You just wanna say "hey I had this idea way before anyone, also watch the Patriot"

This thread is about the fact that people commenting in that video are fucking idiots of magnitudes that surpass you. The type of idiots that believe FEMA is preparing concentration camps. So I made a comment telling them to practice their critical thinking, not teaching them what terrorism means.

Is that still too hard for you?
Blah blah. More personal attacks because you obviously can't string two words together without insulting someone. Great teaching there mate, everybody loves when the 'teacher' continually browbeats the students and tries to berate and belittle them.

If you are a 'teacher', you are quite possibly the worst one. Ever.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Are you that insecure that you constantly must assert yourself in every post and call people names because you, yourself, have some pretty serious confidence issues?

It sure seems that way.

The topics are the same. You are not some guru or sage. And seriously, are you berating people who comment on YouTube? Thats as pointless as posting comments on the Yah00 News articles. No one reads them. You post them, and then it's done. No one ever goes back, and they don't email you when someone else replies. If you check out the comments on the Yah00 News articles, they are quite possibly the most bigoted, racism comments ever - pretty much like the ones you find on most political vids on YouTube.

If you actually think anyone reads that tripe, or cares, then you are already diluting yourself.

Coming here to say 'look at me and the smart thing I said because no one else will ever see it' again screams out that you have a confidence issue mate.

I mean seriously, if anyone were to even really care or read said comments on that video in particular, would they not have done it back in 2001 when it was filmed or 2007 when it was posted?

But it looks like you probably sussed that which is why you are here screaming for attention like my 3 year old.

And your comment, which for whatever reason you decided to omit from your post -

Quote:
You people need to learn some critical thinking. All he's saying is that to the British, the founding fathers were terrorists. The point is to teach how arbitrary the term 'terrorism' is, that everyone will say "the other side are the terrorists" and you're just proving him right because by bitching about this simple concept, it's obvious all of you just think "terrorists are what I say they are, period". Because that's how simple and one-dimensional politics are, huh?
First, refering to them as 'you people' is not the best way to address anyone. You people as in you damn Americans? You people as in you damn white people? Which 'you people' are you trying to 'teach'? Addressing anyone as 'you people' never goes well, Senor teacher.

Second, pointing out how 'arbitrary' the word terrorism is, is EXACTLY the point of the thread we have going that you are intentionally acting so thick you don't see the parallels. If you are so big on critical thinking, how is it you, yourself do not see that these threads are the same?

Oh wait, I think I just figured it out.

The other thread we have is actually discussing how the term 'terrorism' is tossed around these days and no one bothers to think of the thin line that defines a freedom fighter and terrorist, while your thread here is all about getting people to praise you personally for your 'insightful teachings'.

The title 'Small Pointless Favor' says it all. You are asking something from us, not teaching us. You wanted us to go to YouTube and view your supposedly brilliant comment which is why you didn't start the topic here or repost your comments as you wanted people to click the LIKE button beside your comments so you could feel a bit more confident about yourself.

Your comment does look good, sandwiched in between the comments from knuckle-draggers and the rest of the shallow end of the gene pool. Then again it is a hollow victory, sorta like being head of the class in remedial summer school.

Teacher or attention seeking wh0re?

I think the evidence speaks for itself.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #17
JCC

Sternn, shut up with the whole Mexican thing. You two deserve each other.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
Alan

Why does he keep calling me a teacher and keeps bringing out the fact that I'm a Mexican? I just don't get it.
real classy
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #19
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Please don't compare me to a guy that thinks: accepting that morbid obesity is bad somehow means the criminalization of obese people; calling out on someone's ethnicity is an acceptable reason to not care for his arguments; Ron Paul is a sane person; and that some people do not deserve rights because to his view they're parasites.
real classy
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
OnyxBat

Eh, the in the guy in the video is right. But you got to remember people have their pride for their country and can admit their country's flaws cause they are to ignorant (talk to a southern person and most wont admit they lost the civil war, and its like 2011 already).
Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #21
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Excuse me? Where exactly did I 'bring that up' in my last post?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #22
CptSternn

Quote:
Why does he keep calling me a teacher and keeps bringing out the fact that I'm a Mexican? I just don't get it.
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...95&postcount=4

Quote:
That's the difference between you and me: I teach, you preach.
Are you insinuating I am anti-Mexican so you can play the victim here? Thats weak.

The only times Mexico were mentioned is in the same aforementioned thread when I pointed out that Mexican exceptionalism exists just like American exceptionalism. The concept doesn't begin and end with America.

And are you seriously blaming me for machismo? It's a Spanish word, part of your own culture and you act like it is some racial slur. I still think it is quite appropriate as it would explain your behaviour.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/machismo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machismo

If there were an equal word in English, I would happily use it, but there isn't. Some words which are great in their own language have no equal in others. Like schadenfreude for example.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #23
Alan

Wow dude. Seriously, where the hell did I accuse you of machismo?
You realize you're bringing up YOUR OWN accusations and getting all pissy about them, right?
real classy
Old 07-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #24
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Excuse me? Where exactly did I 'bring that up' in my last post?
Why would he mean Americans or white people when he said 'you people' in his comment? That obviously makes less sense than the idea that he was referring to the people commenting the video. If Alan wasn't Mexican, would you have suggested that he was calling out white people? You are an ass.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #25
AshleyO

yallnigziscrazy!