Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #51
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love View Post
Bullshit.
Seriosuly?
Wow. Just fucking wow.
A = A is consistent. And you're calling that bullshit.
I don't think I've ever seen someone try to defend their bullshit opinions to such a point of absurdity that they would backstab shit they learned in preschool.

Quote:
No, that is my opinion.
Then why did you have to correct it?

Quote:
Tell me how one's opinion on anything isn't subjective.
You just said the opinion I "supplied can be proved by fact and is objective"
Congratulations, you're a hypocrite.

Quote:
It wasn't part of the argument so it's not an ad hominem.
An ad hominem is a personal attack. The fact that you think an ad hominem IS a part of an argument disturbs me heavily.
Quote:
I just hate you.
Cool. I just pity you. I have no reason to hate you. You ain't that grand.
Quote:
You're not the center of the world either or special whatsoever
Never claimed I was. You have.
Quote:
which is why you try to make anything whatsoever an argument to feed your crazed ego that no one cares about.
And correct, I don't care. Good job.
BAHAHAHAHAHA, I knew it! I got it right!!

Highlight my last post, let's see what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
(by the way, just let me guess. Your next response will be some shitty permutation of insulting me and pretending 'you don't care' because you really can't think of anything else to defend your position)
And what did you do?

You try to insult me by pretending I merely argue because I'm insecure and you proceed to say "you don't care"

Jesus Christ, you're so simple I have you figured out.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #52
Slap Your Love

No thanks. Having too much fun.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

I propose you this. To avoid you further embarrassment, I won't say anythign to you until three people have had an opinion on this.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #54
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Seriosuly?
Wow. Just fucking wow.
A = A is consistent. And you're calling that bullshit.
I don't think I've ever seen someone try to defend their bullshit opinions to such a point of absurdity that they would backstab shit they learned in preschool.
No, I meant that everything subjective being correct is in no way consistent.
Quote:
Then why did you have to correct it?
It wasn't detailed enough.
Quote:
You just said the opinion I "supplied can be proved by fact and is objective"
Congratulations, you're a hypocrite.
It still can be subjective, just wrong.
Quote:
An ad hominem is a personal attack. The fact that you think an ad hominem IS a part of an argument disturbs me heavily.
It was an insult and an insult alone.
Quote:
Cool. I just pity you. I have no reason to hate you. You ain't that grand.
Nor are you.
Quote:
Never claimed I was. You have.
Never have.

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHA, I knew it! I got it right!!

Highlight my last post, let's see what I said

And what did you do?

You try to insult me by pretending I merely argue because I'm insecure and you proceed to say "you don't care"

Jesus Christ, you're so simple I have you figured out.
What the fuck? I did that on purpose dumbass.

Quote:
I propose you this. To avoid you further embarrassment, I won't say anythign to you until three people have had an opinion on this.
Embarrassment? Lol.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #55
JCC

Why the fuck are you all arguing?

Jillian asks a simple question, and Mir, defender of peace and love and a constant figure of condescension that tells us how futile our arguments are, says, for no apparent reason, that talking to him is a fucking waste of time. This is the first stage of this pointless prick-waving contest, and from there it's shit like:
"GO AND DIE JILLIAN, YOU ARE A FUCKING WASTE OF SPACE, I COULD PARK SEVEN FERRARIS INSIDE YOUR EGO, YOU FUCKING DONKEY RAPIST.

And correct, I don't care."

Slap Your Love has a bad history of being a fucking idiot, and this thread is not making that any better.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #56
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Getting high is a social construct.

"User reaction, however, is heavily influenced by expectations and past experience, and many first-time users feel nothing at all."

From a .org site.
..And you believe everything you read I'm assuming. Look, you're basing your knowledge of this subject on statistics rather than personal expirence, which has no validity whatsoever.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #57
Beneath the Shadows

What is the purpose of that argument?

Also, it's not a fucking holiday.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #58
KontanKarite

...My Opinion:

First, it's not a holiday.

Second, everyone recognizes the day for what it actually is and in an attempt to be ironic, they indulge in something that had been banned on that day or does not.

Thirdly, it's not exactly a "bad holiday" unless there was something ultimately absolute as to why it's dumb or bad and there just isn't anything concrete to state a negative or positive opinion as canon.

SYL stated an absolute opinion on the matter. Jillian just asked why and the only reason SYL could bring it up is because of a personal conviction of his own that isolates his absolute opinion to nothing more than a farce.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #59
korinna5555

I never have, and never will, go out of my way to celebrate 4/20.

I do enjoy marijuana on occasion, but walking around and making an ass of myself ["Hur hur, it's 4/20! Let's get stoned and listen to Sublime, man!"] does NOT appeal to me.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #60
Mr E Nigma

Jillian, I have a pretty good reason, why I personally would say the holiday is a bit otiose.... Not stupid, or dumb, but rather pointless. As always you may digress, but I hope it's at least a fairly well thought out reason as opposed to just "I detest drugs" which is kind of stupid.

I would say you might be biased... considering you probably take part in it, but you could also call me biased because I don't. So instead I will merely state my thoughts on the subculture that follows the holiday and why it was created.

As it stands I am to understand that it is a celebration of smoking cannabis, pot, mary jane, whatever you'd like to call it. I just don't really see the point of having a holiday to celebrate something that the people who celebrate it... celebrate quite often anyways. I know quite an extensive amount of people who enjoy smoking fairly often and from what I've seen of the people who celebrate 4/20 is that they just do the same thing that they did the day before or week before or what have you. What's the point in creating a specific day to celebrate something when you do it all the time anyways?

(That also has a lot to do with why I don't fully understand the reason for valentines day) I get it's supposed to be all romancy, etc... but in my opinion people should show how they feel a bit more often than 1 day a year.

Jillian If you do partake I'd quite like to understand the holiday itself as I'm not a person who smokes, and probably wouldn't even if I could, (I'm allergic to one of the 400 chemicals in it, which also happens to be in nicotine, hah) and in some plant in the congo. Also, I only know of what I've seen from people here in my county, etc...

I mean, I guess I could understand it, if you go somewhere with a dozen friends and toke up in celebration of the plant itself and it's natural side effects. I mean honestly, the science of it to me is quite interesting. In that aspect I could see reason for a 1 day celebration, even if you smoke constantly, if you actually left your house to commemorate the moment with some fellow companions I could probably see how that could be cool to do.

Although, from what I've witnessed it generally makes no difference from the people i know here.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #61
Underwater Ophelia

No, it is in fact, stupid.
Celebrating getting high is actually stupid.

I'll provide you with a definition of stupid to help you understand.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupid

I don't think I really have to say more about that.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #62
KontanKarite

I was of the understanding that it's not about getting high, but about proving the point that banning the plant itself was pretty pointless since people can still get the plant and its products. So the whole getting high bit isn't about being high as it's more about being ironic.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #63
Mir

Slap Your Love: I guess you had some time to kill, eh?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #64
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
I was of the understanding that it's not about getting high, but about proving the point that banning the plant itself was pretty pointless since people can still get the plant and its products. So the whole getting high bit isn't about being high as it's more about being ironic.
It may have started out that way by political activists and such, but that's gone now.

What's more--people who are doing 4-20 for that reason aren't just sitting in their basements getting high like they do every other day after school.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

Actually it's backwards. It just started because some high school kids gathered at a statue at 4:20 to smoke.
Nothing special about it.

AFTER THAT is when it got a more political meaning. So considering its meager beginning, no matter how many people do it for recreational purposes, it has more political meaning at present.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #66
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Actually it's backwards. It just started because some high school kids gathered at a statue at 4:20 to smoke.
Nothing special about it.

AFTER THAT is when it got a more political meaning. So considering its meager beginning, no matter how many people do it for recreational purposes, it has more political meaning at present.
I've heard that, but honestly, I've read more often that the origins are unknown.
Anyway, no matter how it began, it's still true that most kids celebrating it aren't concerned with politics.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #67
Godslayer Jillian

Most people that celebrate MLK day don't really care about the civil rights movement.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #68
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
No, it is in fact, stupid.
Celebrating getting high is actually stupid.

I'll provide you with a definition of stupid to help you understand.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupid

I don't think I really have to say more about that.
That's about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Slap Your Love: I guess you had some time to kill, eh?
Yeah, was waiting on my Theatre class to start and I finished lunch
at Chick fil a early.

I never pass up a chance to engage in such serious conversation with
Alan. If it weren't for him still existing on this forum for me to play with chances are I probably would never have came back. Or continue
to make appearances where I "embarrass" myself.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #69
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Most people that celebrate MLK day don't really care about the civil rights movement.
Well, in all fairness, there is a difference between MLK day and 4/20... One's a day off.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 AM   #70
Tam Li Hua

About the Argument between SYL and GJ: SYL, I can understand not liking drugs, but there's a difference between taking drugs/sniffing paint/etc. to get high, and taking medicine in order to help with a physical ailment.

Also, I think that when you have to downgrade your statements in the middle of an argument to "U R STOOPID!!1!", then you've pretty much given up on the whole thing, and might as well not even reply.

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd say that; a lot of the folks I grew up with were VERY adament about MLK day because of the Civil Rights Movement, but that might have been just because of where I grew up. [Selma, Alabama.]
Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #71
Tam Li Hua

To be honest, folks, I'd never heard of 4/20 as a "holiday" until now. It sounds about as much of a holiday as "Talk Like A Pirate Day".
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #72
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
That does not make the existence of a holiday stupid, merely the reason for the holiday.
That's entirely a different discussion.
Now, I would also argue that your detestation for "all drugs" is entirely arbitrary, but I doubt we'll get to that too.
I don't agree with most recreational drugs, however, the people who take part in 4/20 obviously enjoy it, and it's not really harming anyone.
I wouldn't really call it a holiday either...
What's with everyone jumping on Jillian more these days?
His points are as good as ever.

Anyone want to get Slap a shovel?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #73
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
What's with everyone jumping on Jillian more these days?
His points are as good as ever.
I've noticed that too. I don't know why he's become a target all of a sudden. x_x;;
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #74
Malice In Wonderland

I'm glad I'm not the only person to have noticed that.
It seems his posts are being attacked by other members for no real reason, even though his arguments are points still hold as much merit as ever.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #75
Jack again

I never really payed SYL much attention. Now that I realize that he's a humongous imbecile, I can carry on ignoring his posts.
Jack again is offline   Reply With Quote