Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #1
Arc_Avalo

Silent Hill

What does everyone think of the games, and the upcoming movie? I've played all the games except the original and the Japan-only play novel. The Silent Hill series is probably my most cherished video game memory of all time. Silent Hill doesn't attempt to give you those jump out of the closet and yell boo kind of scares like Resident Evil and other horror games. Instead, it really screws with your mind. Almost nothing is clear at the beginning of the game, and even when it is over, you still have to put your own spin on what happened. There's also quite a lot of attention to detail not only in the graphics, but also in the sound. You'll hear inhuman moans, creaking floor boards, and the wonderfully creepy music. There's also a lot of attention focused on the story. Every little thing about the world of Silent Hill can be explained with a little research. The Silent Hill games are a masterpiece, in my opinion, and I can't wait to see the movie, and the fifth game.
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:06 AM   #2
Demon Eyes

I always thought that Silent Hill was a good game, and I have noticed how they pay attention to detail. The last Silent Hill game I played was the one entitled: "THE ROOM". Talk about freaky!! I liked the story, the visuals were superb, and the score just helped add to the ambience of the game. Top notch stuff. All I can say about the movie is I hope they don't screw it up and make it all crappy.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
urian

I've loved and played all of the silent hill games. I enjoyed 4 but I think 3 may have been the pinnacle (in my book). The ambience, the soundtrack, the story, everything. It was one of the few games that had me a bit frightened when I turned out the lights(that and the fatal frame games as well).
From what I read of the plot, it sounds like a very modified version of the first silent hill. I'm hoping this video game adaption doesnt suck as bad as..well...90% of all of the others.
has anyone read the sillent hill comics? Just wondering is anyone had and what the overall impression was of them.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian
I've loved and played all of the silent hill games. I enjoyed 4 but I think 3 may have been the pinnacle (in my book). The ambience, the soundtrack, the story, everything. It was one of the few games that had me a bit frightened when I turned out the lights(that and the fatal frame games as well).
From what I read of the plot, it sounds like a very modified version of the first silent hill. I'm hoping this video game adaption doesnt suck as bad as..well...90% of all of the others.
has anyone read the sillent hill comics? Just wondering is anyone had and what the overall impression was of them.
Oh, hell yeah, fatal frame so totally was one of the games that made me afraid to turn the lights off at night while playing it. That series was just to awesome!!! The only other game that kinda freaked me out that bad was CLOCK TOWER for the SNES and the remake of it on the PSX. As for the comics, I've read only a few, they seem ok. You'd have to take a look for yourself to see if you'll like them though, for everyone has different tastes on what they like to read.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
Manimal

I didn't play the first one but Silent Hill 2 was good.

Silent Hill 3 was utter garbage. Silent Hill 4 was ok at first but bored the shit out of me before I got halfway through it so I quit.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
urian

I remember the first clock tower and it did rock but Clock Tower 3 Sucked great big crusty donkey...anyway. The idea was interesting but the execution was a lot like the hindenburg.
Anyway. I'm eagerly awaiting the film.
As far as fatal frame goes, I heard years ago that there was talk of making a movie. Anyone else hear of that?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian
I remember the first clock tower and it did rock but Clock Tower 3 Sucked great big crusty donkey...anyway. The idea was interesting but the execution was a lot like the hindenburg.
Anyway. I'm eagerly awaiting the film.
As far as fatal frame goes, I heard years ago that there was talk of making a movie. Anyone else hear of that?
Yeah, I remember there was a buzz about making a film too, but it never happened. I wonder what went wrong?