Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #26
FenrisQueen

i thought we were the stalkers...
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #27
OnixxFilth

Well, I suppose that even stalkers can get stalked, lol! To me, this "stalker" isn't really a problem, since we don't see him physically and he hasn't done anything really harmful or said anything insulting. I suggest we carry on business as usual.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 AM   #28
drgnlvr

I have no idea what "goth" is, specifically. Personally, I don't give a shit about labels, either. What I -do- know, is that the people whom I've become closest to, who share the same ideals, ethics, and such, as I do, all call themselves Goth, when pressed. So, going by that, I can say this...

I much rather prefer Goths to the Preps, the Rednecks, and the other "mainstream" people out there, for the simple fact that Goths (real goths, please, not fuzzy-bunny goths, and kids just out to scare their parents, and nothing else) are a vast and wonderfully diverse group. They are more intelligent, more creative, and vasty more open-minded than the average "mainstream" group.

One thing that seems to be a common thread, however, is we were all probably on the outside, looking in while growing up, and did something positive with it...namely, thinking for ourselves. We were outside the "norm" (and IMO, normal is overrated, anyway. I am weird. I like being weird. In fact, I -embrace- my weirdness, dammit!).

One thing I know that Goth isn't...it's not the clothes, it's not the music, it's not the gazillion other things associated with Goth, and at the same time, it's all these things.

Me? Well, one friend says I'll never be goth, another says I'm a closet goth, and still another says I'm so goth it hurts.

What am I to me? I'm Lorrie.
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:41 AM   #29
OnixxFilth

That is the problem, isn't it? Is one or is one not a goth? As I've told countless people, deep down, I think goth is a love of the dark side of life- music, clothes, etc. are just a way of projecting that inward darkness outwards.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:33 AM   #30
gryphonskin

hey

In all respects, and forgive me, cos according to this site i'm a "newbie" ahem...
goth is in a large part the inside,so u have to dress "normal" for work, i bet ya everyone knows there's something about u that's different.
despite the clothes you wear.
you only have to live up to the standards you only set urself.
you know who you are, and so do the people who come into contact with u, no matter the outer wrapping u come in.

bb
gryph
gryphonskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #31
OnixxFilth

That was a very lovely comment, gryphon! It seems like some people think you're only a goth if you wear black all the time, no matter if your choice of clothing gets you in trouble on the job or not. Some of us have to conform for some occasions, which I think is only part of living in the real world. I especially liked the part you put about people being able to tell that there's something different about you no matter what you're wearing, and I think that's true. By the way, don't worry about being a "newbie"- all of us here, except perhaps the moderators, were "newbies" at one time. Oh, and yes, Xnguela here hates abbreviations- I've experienced her wrath myself, hehe!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #32
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Even those of us who are obsessed with language and grammar (yes, I know that's weird) are not perfect... I compulsively use my ellipses, which you may have noticed. :lol:
As a fellow language-lover, I concur! I make spelling mistakes just as often as I correct them on other people. Woo-whoo for inadvertently hypocritical brains!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:49 AM   #33
OnixxFilth

Yeah, I tend to have poor speech sometimes, although I'm an English major, using words like "ain't" and stuff like that. I do take glee in correcting other's spelling and grammar, however! :mrgreen:
Old 02-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #34
OnixxFilth

Well, I haven't committed any of the "sins" you listed, except for the "ain't" thing. For some reason, the Rolling Stones song "I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)" has always bothered me, what with the use of the double negative. So actually, they're saying they can get satisfaction!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #35
OnixxFilth

Something irrelevant- so there! I fixed it, Xnguela!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #36
OnixxFilth

Well, I checked the FAQ page and it says that ordinary users can't delete a post once someone's replied! And I don't see any X's! (
Old 02-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #37
OnixxFilth

I ought to do that, Xnguela! Good idea!
Old 02-17-2005, 09:45 AM   #38
OnixxFilth

Yes, it certainly is sad that they haven't posted lately- they seemed so intelligent and a good conversationalist! I hope they see this and decide to come back from wherever they've gone.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #39
emofreak777

so what the hell is goth anyone do you have to like take a test and who gets to grade it if you do what is the build of a true goth??? I mean there has to be some kind of guide lines cause if there wasnt then .......you couldnt really be grouped into a catgory right???? so .....how does it work what is a true goth
emofreak777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:54 PM   #40
Disfunction

Are you for real? Seriously... like... Are you trying to be an idiot, or were you actually born and raised that way? I simply MUST know your secret!

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:55 PM   #41
Jane13

You would die if we told you... not that we'd kill you, the information intake wouold be too great :wink: Hey, could you tell me what Emo is? All I know is that emo stands for "emotional".
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #42
emofreak777

0.o man you people are far from friendly and yes I was born this way and the screen name is a joke emo- mean people who sit around all day and whine about how there life suck instead of getting up and doing something about it. 0.o you people are so dumb you would rather act all high and mighty then explain something what the hell is that crap about. You guys are acting like reject jocks just get over yourself if you dont want to answer the question then say so you dont have to act like you are better then me
emofreak777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #43
Jane13

I'm sorry if I came off sounding arrogant. It's not at all what I intended. There just is no real universal answer for that which is goth.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-20-2005, 02:58 PM   #44
FenrisQueen

Disfunction, you canadian bastard, I fucking adore you. Jane, don't be modest. That's not how I raised you. You're arrogant and you know it!
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #45
Solumina

Xng, I love you
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:37 PM   #46
Jane13

I love the last three people who posted!
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #47
Disfunction

And I meant to be a fucking asshole because we don't need your dumbass here, emo. You come in and ask if there is a fucking test to become a member of what is generally classified as a clique. There is no set standard. Anyone could be argued to be a goth in some light, but there are few that actually have a decent grasp on the concept. The end.

I hope they aren't even here anymore. Jeeze.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #48
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emofreak777
0.o man you people are far from friendly and yes I was born this way and the screen name is a joke emo- mean people who sit around all day and whine about how there life suck instead of getting up and doing something about it. 0.o you people are so dumb you would rather act all high and mighty then explain something what the hell is that crap about. You guys are acting like reject jocks just get over yourself if you dont want to answer the question then say so you dont have to act like you are better then me
When i first joined GN, someone said "If you have to ask what Goth is, then you are not Goth." Simple as that.

what was that about whining? "man you people are far from friendly".

-ViN
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #49
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by emofreak777
Maybe you would have gotten a better response if you'd bothered to read the forum over, first. There's alot of important info in the General forum just for newbies, including rules that you just skipped on past like they didn't apply to you.

Gotta news flash for you sweetie, your mother lied. You're NOT a snowflake. The rules apply to you just like everyone else. The good people that run this place have every right to ridicule you, if you are incapable of doing something as simple as reading the rules.
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #50
OnixxFilth

I had no idea that there was a good and a bad way of peeing on people! I don't think I'd want to be peed on either way! :lol: