Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #51
Despanan

There's a fine line between passively ignoring twattery, and allowing said twats to profit from their twattery.

Call me crazy, but when someone says something that is blatantly false, and others are accepting the blatant falsehood, and giving money to that person (and/or that person's cause) I'd say it's an obligation of a thinking person to point out that falsehood, otherwise you're just passively endorsing it.

Particularly when you're dealing with a thread you've already posted in, and when you're someone who claims to value truth and intelligence as you do. Lets also not forget that he's using your own doorstep as a pedestal to spread this idiocy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #52
Godslayer Jillian

You would have a point were it not that you're the only one that seems to care about what Sternn believes when he's not providing sources.
Hell, who the fuck believes anything anyone has said in this board merely because it was stated? Don't we have huge fights about how just because 'it's your opinion' it doesn't make it true?

I guess you're the only one that takes this so fucking seriously because you don't know how we act. It must be the consequence of being so awesome you only come here in your spare time (which always conveniently falls under times when people are challenging you so that you can respond back with anything you can come up with) while I, for example, am using my time for completing my final exam.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #53
PortraitOfSanity

You didn't answer the important question here Jillian.

HAVE you liberated anything yet?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:31 PM   #54
Godslayer Jillian

Boy, have we! (blacktext)

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 AM   #55
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
And Joker, if you looked it up, and found nothing, why the HELL didn't you say anything about it? All I can see is you lining up with the other morons getting ready to perform your customary pro-radical fellatio.
The only people worth bothering with don't take sternn all that seriously
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #56
Despanan

I've liberated his mother's pants. :P

More on topic: YOU might have a point there Jillian, if your post wasn't blatantly denying every shred of evidence, that I (and everyone else, with a goddamn brain, who views these forums) have seen.

Look dude, I wouldn't allow KKK members to stand out on my porch and spew crazy conspiracy theories about "World Bankers" Subjugating the white man, and I certainly wouldn't allow them to sell hoods to the gullible morons who believed them. It's one thing to ignore a crazy person, it's quite another to allow them to use lies to make money on your doorstep. As you are someone who obviously cares about intelligence and justice, it is the height of hypocrisy for you to allow this to go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
The only people worth bothering with don't take sternn all that seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
... Sternn, I want one of dem shirts. I'm savin up! (for those of you who think it's sad to save up for a Tshirt, go look up rent in manhattan, and then realize I only work part time and am a student.
*facepalm*
Quote:
Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #57
Godslayer Jillian

Your argument is stupid. Everyone else knows that, but you will try to defend it because you couldn't possibly be wrong. You're a voice of reason among a community filled with teenage wannabe rebels that don't know shit about what you're talking about, huh?

Do you really want me to prove why comparing an "I hate Thatcher" shirt is the same as a KKK hood, or can you just admit you're wrong?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #58
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
I've liberated his mother's pants. :P

More on topic: YOU might have a point there Jillian, if your post wasn't blatantly denying every shred of evidence, that I (and everyone else, with a goddamn brain, who views these forums) have seen.

Look dude, I wouldn't allow KKK members to stand out on my porch and spew crazy conspiracy theories about "World Bankers" Subjugating the white man, and I certainly wouldn't allow them to sell hoods to the gullible morons who believed them. It's one thing to ignore a crazy person, it's quite another to allow them to use lies to make money on your doorstep. As you are someone who obviously cares about intelligence and justice, it is the height of hypocrisy for you to allow this to go on.

*facepalm*
Again... you think I agree with him because I like his shirt?
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #59
JCC

People buying those shirts could have any number of reasons for buying those shirts. Nobody has to agree with Sternn's assertions about Thatcher to want to buy the shirt, as the shirt merely expresses a general dislike of the woman. Of course, there is no reason not to agree with Sternn's assertions, as Thatcher, while not aiming for a Catholic holocaust, did aim to displace the Catholic constituents of Northern Ireland, and it is talked about in-depth that she recommended this Cromwell solution here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/ju...nd.catholicism

As for your denial of the "shoot on sight" policy, it states quite clearly in this NY Times movie review of Hidden Agenda (http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/revi...C1A966958260):

"The film's own political agenda is straightforward: the British Government is shown to be the villain very early on. At the start, an international group of human-rights observers gathers evidence of torture and killings, and of the "shoot to kill" policy by which the British security forces fire at suspected I.R.A. terrorists on sight."

After researching the film, I found that it was based upon an investigation made into the British government about a shoot-to-kill policy practiced by the Royal Ulster Constabulary.

As for saying that Thatcher was happy to see the strikers die, I couldn't find any quotes like that but Thatcher did make plenty of statements to the tune of "If they want to starve, let them" and said of herself "The lady does not turn".

Basically Despanan, this is simply another mistake that you've made here. It's a bit daft to try and tell an Irishman that lived through Thatcher's reign about the Troubles.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #60
Godslayer Jillian

Hey guys, I'm a Maoist! I believe I know what's best for people and if a hundred million die of starvation for my ideals it's all for the best of the ultrabureaucracy.

Buy this shirt!! http://www.bustedtees.com/LMAO
It's funny and it's obvious you totally agree with me because you also like it.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #61
Despanan

Oh sweet Christ...You know, I was actually starting to feel bad about how bad I was flaming you but...damn. Jillian, JCC, you guys have crossed into new realms of stupidity. I mean this is beyond "special needs", this is just...just DAMN.

You know what? Fine. Originally I was irritated because I felt like you two were wasting your potential, but you two have made it painfully obvious that you have no potential. You guys are just wastes of flesh. Shit, I can't even flame you anymore. It's like trying to mock a clown. I mean what are you going to do? Make fun of his tiny car or his oversized shoes? It just doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Again... you think I agree with him because I like his shirt?
You missed the point.

Look, I know that you're all up onz about "Teh Annarkie!" but both the US and Ireland are still operating on capitalist systems. When you give someone money, (particularly money you've admitted you need for rent and food) you are supporting that person, and that person's cause. Period.

You buy a shirt from Sternn you are no longer passively endorsing his insane idiocy, you are actively endorsing it.
Quote:
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #62
Godslayer Jillian

I'm so hurt.
And shocked.
I didn't know Despanan was mocking me.
Makes you think.
But I think I'm still too stupid. Desp, can you point out where you're even remotely flaming me? I can't see it. Bummer.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #63
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Margaret thatcher naked on a cold day! Margaret thatcher naked on a cold day!
Man, what is this from? It's driving me crazy...
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #64
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
But I think I'm still too stupid. Desp, can you point out where you're even remotely flaming me? I can't see it. Bummer.
Wait, I know how this works! Let me do it!

Desp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desp
Jillian is dumb!
Jillian:

I am most not assurably a bum! I am going school yes? Carreer!

JCC:

Jillian's Not a bumb Despanan! YOU'RE a bumb! Heh, I really got him there.

Desp:

*facepalm*

Jillian:

Prove me you that face did in palm go! You prov now or You are Tami! *Beardstroke*

JCC's Dad:

Get off the internet you little bastard! Your mom needs you to clean your room!

JCC: GOD DAD! I'm telling the other kids about ANARCHY!!!11

JCC's Dad: You can bring about the revolution later. Now you need to eat your vegetables and try on your new sweater-vest.

JCC: I HATE YOU!!!!11111one.

/thread.
Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #65
Godslayer Jillian

Despanan, I kind of miss the days where you actually mentioned reasons for bitching. Compared to now that you have to invent pathetic scenarios to even have a reason for personal attacks, those days were glorious.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #66
Despanan

I miss the days when JCC's sycophantic me-too presence in a thread actually helped your cause; instead of simply doing something retarded like linking two articles that I've already linked and pretending that by doing so he has defeated my argument.

I mean that's pretty retarded right? Here' you've been doing your best to distance yourself from Sterrn's idiotic lies and here he is dragging you back into it.

They were good days comrade, but they are gone forever.

Le sigh.
Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #67
Godslayer Jillian

Why would you care whether JCC helped me with his "sycophantic me-too presence"? Is that the sole reason you have recurred to trollish behavior of the caliber of Necrophagist?
Your 'arguments' get sadder and sadder by the minute.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #68
Still Jack

I can´t take someone, who thinks he´s the next Shakespeare because he wrote some hilariously boring sketch about hiking seriously. Therefore, I am on Jillian´s side.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #69
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I can´t take someone, who thinks he´s the next Shakespeare because he wrote some hilariously boring sketch about hiking seriously. Therefore, I am on Jillian´s side.
Your opinion is officially void due to the stupidity of this statement.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #70
JCC

Despanan, do you have any mode of communication other than saying something wrong and then getting defensive and making meaningless and ridiculous insults to the person who was correct? You said that Thatcher didn't suggest a Cromwell policy: she did. You said that you couldn't find anything about a shoot-to-kill policy and that therefore it didn't exist, but there was an official investigation into the Royal Ultster Constabulary. You were wrong, and instead of saying "Yeah, I was wrong", you just flame us immediately after saying "I can't flame you" and make up some idiotic dialogue that's got no relevance.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #71
Despanan

Awwe, JCC is trying to speak like a big person! Ain't it cute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
I googled thatcher and "Shoot on sight" and I got...a movie and crappy x-rated fanfiction.

Who knew there was H-Thatcher slash fiction? Damn you internet!

Then I googled Thatcher and Cromwell Solution and I got one guardian article where it sounds like she was just talking about redrawing the border and used an unfortunate choice of words and this fucking thread!
I said she did not suggest a Cromwellian policy of Irish genocide like Sterrn Claims she did, she was simply talking about redrawing the boarder. The article you linked backs me up on that. She said something stupid, she didn't say she wanted all Irish Catholics dead.

I said The only evidence I could come up with for her "Shoot on sight" policy was a movie (the movie you linked) and this thread. If you think a movie with no mainstream media coverage is a proper source, well then you're dumber than I thought you were.

Face it JCC, even Jillian admits that Sterrn is completely off his rocker. The argument has been whether allowing him to get away with saying stupid shit like that and buying his shirts is an endorsement of him being off his rocker.

I mean, hell, Sterrn's not even Irish, right? I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that he's an American who emigrated to Ireland. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even there for the Thatcher administration, and even if he was, that wouldn't make his crazy drivel true.

The fact of the matter is, you came traipsing into this thread, thinking you're billy badass, and then you fell on your face. Period. Maybe it's because you didn't read the thread, or maybe it's because you're just dumb...I really don't know, all I know is that you're looking pretty damn stupid right now.
Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #72
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Your opinion is officially void due to the stupidity of this statement.
It was still funny, though.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #73
CptSternn

Wow, this thread is deteriorated from a nice thread bashing thatcher to a thread where everyone is bashing everyone else.

See how she can fuck up everything, even the mere mention of her horrid name?

Can't we all just agree thatcher is a cunt and get this thread back on track?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #74
medbh4805

I had a look at the t-shirts in his website. There's one that says "KILL ALL HUNS". If you lived in N.Ireland you'd know "Hun" is a derogatory word for Protestants.
http://www.printfection.com/ira/KAH-T-Shirt/_p_2047259

So basically Sternn is a sectarian bastard and, to be frank, it's this kind of mindless hatred which has discredited the Republican movement to extent it has been today. So yeah, that pisses me off.
medbh4805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #75
Still Jack

Sternn, just out of interest, what´s your opinion on Michael Collins ?
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote