Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:05 AM   #1
Dizzy1313

"Going berzerk is something I recommend"

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Don't you think a better first question could be "Who/what are you?" I am not what I do, but I hope what I do is aligned with who I am. But I'll humor you all. Here's what I do:
I mostly wander. Professionally, I am a copywriter (at the moment at least... who knows where I will find myself in a month). For fun, I like to go see live music, meet with friends, read, make *recycled* clothes, collect beads and sometimes I make pretty things for my friends and loved ones.

2. Where are you from? Now I am back in my chosen country (Suomi Finland) and I live in Hell-sinki. But originally I am from the most conservative state in the grand ol' U. S. of A. Then I defected.

3. Who is your favorite author? Peter Hoeg, Herman Hesse, J.G. Ballard, GG Marquez, Isabelle Allende, Fritjof Capra, Milan Kundera, Murakami Haruki... and lots more

4. What are your favorite films? Anything by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (esp. Amelie… the ultimate feel-good movie), Tim Burton or Michel Gondry (I just saw The Science of Sleep and it shot right to the top of this list), Baraka, Red, White, and Blue (the ones by Kryzstof sp?), The Lost Boys, In the Cut, Dreamlife of Angels, Goonies, Spice World, Uncle Buck, The Princess and the Warrior, Run Lola Run... and lots more

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? a-ha. Don't laugh. I decided that when I was 9 years old, and I'm stickin' to it.

6. At your funeral? None... I don't want a funeral.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I'm not too particular, as long as I don't get killed by a shark.

8. What kind of casket would you want? a watery grave... then maybe even the belly of a shark. I'm phobic of them in life, so it seems apropos that I end up in one in death.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Something comfortable and sassy. I don't have a favorite anymore… I haven't even thought such a thing for a LONG time.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Being un-jaded, and spending hours on end arranging Barbie's apartment, having a favorite outfit...

11. What's your favorite band? tough question, as it depends on my mood. I ALWAYS love: SofM, Amorphis, Finntroll, Bauhaus (and Love&Rockets), Ramones, Madonna, Children of Bodom, PJ Harvey, VNV Nation, Covenant, Assemblage23 (I’m in a futurepop kick these days)

12. What kind of education do you have? a lot and all over the place: biology, environmental studies, regional planning, sustainable development... I'm definitely over-educated and underpaid.

13. Why did you join? 1) I've never joined in on a forum and wanted to see what it is like, 2)seems like a lively and intelligent group, 3) I want to start writing (for fun) again, and I liked what I found on this site, and 4) I just found out I'm goth

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? F
Dizzy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Dizzy1313

Sorry to post this intro twice... I thought the original one got f*cked up yesterday and didn't post properly...
And also, I forgot to say the most important thing:
HELLO!!! (and nice to be here... thanks)
Old 09-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
BlackButterfly

Hey... a-ha rocks... I think...I can never keep my bands straight, but I like at least one song from them, I know. I think it's the one with the video that has the mirrors and the drawings, if I have my bands straight...

I'm rambling...

Yeah, so welcome! I like your choice of movies... I'm a Tim Burton fanatic myself, and having just recently seen Amelie, that goes in with my favorite happy movies.

Making recycled clothes is fun! Do you totally "de-con and re-con", or do you just add to?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Like your taste in movies and music.

Kind of tired right now, so just gonna say "welcome, enjoy your stay".

*thud*

Oh. So that's what my tile looks like close up...needs cleaning...

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
BlackButterfly

Heh... HP's gonna wake up with gridmarks in his face...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
Dizzy1313

Hey babies... Thanks for the welcome notes.
Be careful there Humane... I gather you like pain, but you should have more fun with it rather than hitting your face on the floor from exhaustion. But WAIT!! How did he become so exhausted?

As for BB's question about deconstructing clothes... both. Tonight I am going to sew a front on my black shrug ("the sleeves" as my f(r)iends like to call it) and turn it from a cardie to a pull-over. Check out my post in Shills... I found a jewel!!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
Darkbender423

Hey, nice to meet you and welcome, I also like your taste in music and films. It's cool that you make your own fashions as opposed to most who shop the mall. I love how unique the lifestyle can be when one truly makes the effort, that's one of the best things about it. A lot of the culture has fallen to a cookie cutter state over the last few years. This site is full of bright and intelligent people from what I've experianced so far and I think you will make a fine addition you seem well educated and I look foreward to having discussions with you.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote