Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
Vako

question: fishnet shirts and body hair

I have always wanted to wear a fishnet shirt. I have seen them on other guys and I think they are attractive. I have seen ones with arms, armless ones, ones where the arms were solid and the body was fishnet, and ones where the arms were fishnet and the body was solid, etc.

What has always stopped me is that I have hair on my chest and fore-arms, and all the guys I see with fishnet shirts have no body hair, their skin is smooth. Nature did not bless me with a hairless body.

My question is, what are your feelings or opinions on a guy with some body hair wearing a fishnet shirt? Is it un-goth? Is it tacky? Is it discusting? Is it poseur territory? Is it off-putting? Or is it O.K. ?
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
killer_asian_Dax

it depends on which fishnes you get and how much body hair you have. If you could be a fur bearing mammal, then your best options would be to either not wear fishnets at all or (if you're willing to) shave off the hair or (better yet, but again if you're willing to) get waxed. If you're okay with removing your body hair, waxing would be best cause unlike shaving- you don't have to deal with the upkeep but once every 5-6 weeksish.

If you're of average hariness for a guy, then just try on a fishnet and see how you like it. Or take a friend who you know won't lie to you and ask them.

Best of luck to ya

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
maggot

Spiderweb is cooler. :O

It should look fine as long as the hair doesn't come out of the fishnet. That looks stupid.

I'd go with waxing if I was you.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Delicate_Torture

Shaving your chest is a bad bad idea... if you want to know why then watch Pink Floyd's The Wall. Nipples and razors are friends for play but don't go together when it comes to personal grooming.

I think it depends on the type of hair that you are talking about... is it blonde? Thin? Thick and curled?

And at the end of the day.. how much of your hairy chest do you feel comfortable with showing off?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
Draconysius

One can actually shave one's chest safely, even around the nips/ I use the sideburn trimmer on my electric shaver. Anyway, I think hairy arms with fishnets can be quite sexy. I mean, just look at Rozz and Valor! They didn't go bald for their androgynous clothing, and they look hotter than ever! I'd say trim it enough so that the hair isn't overpowering the fishnets, and no more.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Lucretia_my_Reflection

vako, get rid of the chest for-arms i suggest going to a professional saloon for first time waxers and get the a nice ladie/man to wax your chest and stuff or i could do it for you lol ^^
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Unless the chest hair is really thick, I don't think it should be a problem.
If you're going to remove it though, I agree with the waxing idea, as while it will probably hurt more, it won't cut you up, give you razor burn, and the hair will take longer to grow back.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #8
Lucretia_my_Reflection

http://profiles.**********/fusionreacter

i had a look at your yahoo profiles picture there isn't that much body hair there i personly wouldn't worry about it unless it sticks through the fishnet have you tried buying a smaller weaved fishnet shirt?
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
Vako

Thanks to each of you. This has assisted in my decision.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #10
KontanKarite

If you can't go fishnet, go mesh.

Actually, I have rather hairy arms. Well, not super hairy, but the hair is dark because I'm part Native American. I've never had a problem with wearing fishnet shirts. Also, if you really want to go through with it, you could always shave or trim the hair really short and have it bleached into a blond color. You don't "emasculate" yourself and you can give off the illusion that you're not too hairy.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote