Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
strange_pleasure

Is it just me, or was Let the Right One In total crap?

Damn what a waste of money, guess I should have read the book first.
I realize it's a foreign film and certain things probably got lost in traslation when they dubbed it in English but still WTF?!!

How can critics call this the "best vampire movie ever?" or even "an essential horror film"?!! I could barely keep my eyes open...yet everyone on amazon.com is giving 4-5 star ratings. what am I missing here?

Did anyone else see it, if so what were your thoughts?
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Schazmyrrh

A thread has been previously started on this one- it's in the literature section but the discussion there is a mix of comments on the book and the movie. And yes, most of the comments so far are positive (mine included).

Can you be more specific as to why you though it was crap (other than things getting lost in translation)? Were you expecting an action-packed vampire movie? Because if so, then Let the Right One In wouldn't have done that job.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_pleasure View Post
Damn what a waste of money, guess I should have read the book first.
I realize it's a foreign film and certain things probably got lost in traslation when they dubbed it in English but still WTF?!!
I came across this article which I think might explain your woes about the movie.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schazmyrrh View Post
I came across this article which I think might explain your woes about the movie.
Holy shit... that was really quite enraging.

I'm glad I caught the movie at the cinema with the original subtitles. Fucking loved it.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Holy shit... that was really quite enraging.

I'm glad I caught the movie at the cinema with the original subtitles. Fucking loved it.
Luckily the article says that this seems to be the case for the American release only, there was a user comment left that her Canadian DVD seems to use the screener subtitles so thats a relief. Haven't bought it yet and I was hesitant to do so until I saw that, I'll just double check to see what company is releasing it here.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote