Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I think the best way to describe my local scene is pictures. Here is a few for now, but I will post more after tonight's show.

Downstairs at The Showcase Theatre:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/mosh-wtf.jpg

Humane with Top Hat upstairs at The Showcase Theatre:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...osh-Humane.jpg
The Showcase Theatre in Corona? A bit far for me but maybe I will give it a try one of these days.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 AM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
I hope you don't think of me like that.
There's a difference between a goth that likes metal, and a metaller that believes he's a goth.
You're the former.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #28
LiUsAiDh

Scene? Ha! I've only ever seen one group of goths in Cumbria, turned out they were on a school trip from down south... As for clubs, there's only one which plays rock, let alone goth stuff...

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
Stormtrooper of Death

In Minnesota, we dont' have much eh. My school is like this. Preps, jocks, nerds, metalheads, goths and me and the other 10 or so punks occupy my school. Yes, I'm a punk, but I also listen to metal. Say what you want. I lead the small punk faction in my school. 10 or so kids.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #30
deafasadoornail

I'm a mom with kids, so I don't do the club scene too much. We do have quite an active goth scene here, though -- plenty of emo kids and My Chemical Romance, but also some older goth who just hang around and discuss books and movies.

There's a mom at my kids school who is goth; she rocks the Bettie Page look but is otherwise a pretty typical mom. And there's a cool shop downtown called Wild at Heart. The family that runs it is goth also -- they named their newest baby Axel. I wonder if that makes them metalheads.... *ponders*
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #31
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
There's a difference between a goth that likes metal, and a metaller that believes he's a goth.
You're the former.
I need to stand up for myself here. As stated in my intro thread, I do not identify as a Goth. I am a metaller (metalhead) who also appreciates Goth.

Jillian, you are obviously intelligent and well-written, and I have respect of you. but you have made a very sad error in judgment of my person.

I have explained myself. I hope, eventually, that as we get to know each other on this site, that I will earn a bit of your respect.

As I stated, I am a metaller who also appreciates Goth. I never claimed to be Goth.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:41 PM   #32
Aaroneet

As I have stated before, I have never met any other true goths. Only confused mallgoths and emos.
Aaroneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:07 AM   #33
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
You're the former.
... give a man enough rope to hang himself, and he will ...
Old 06-01-2007, 06:57 AM   #34
Vyvian Blackthorne

Gothic Metal? I actually rather like Gothic metal. I mean, I think Paradise Lost has some good work. It bares no resembles to goth rock, already discussed, but I think that it's still a good type of Doom-Metal. I wish my area had a goth scene

Goth Forever
Old 06-01-2007, 07:05 AM   #35
badteccy

The club scene here is mostly cybergoths with a few regular goths,deathrockers, and raver types. Ah well...
I am the only "goth" chick at my school...I mean, I get along with everyone but I wish I had people at my school that I could talk about music...no matter, I GRADUATE ON WEDNESDAY! WOO!
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 AM   #36
Vyvian Blackthorne

Goodness, congratulations badteccy for your graduation! You've got to tell us how it went once it happens.

Goth Forever
Old 06-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #37
Valerius

Sadly, people all around me are all MCR look-alikes. Got a few goth friends at university, but we're all overwhelmed by all the emo kids. Fuck, when I think about it, I often scare moms and little children when I'm in my full regalia never having seen a goth before.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #38
Vyvian Blackthorne

Gosh Val...I get that kind of reaction from mother's hiding there children as well. Oh boy...sighs...looks like some people will never learn acceptance but who am I to whin? Never mind

Goth Forever
Old 06-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #39
Zenit

Hm, scene? What's that?

I know of a dozen or so goth-looking people around here. They are all either spooky witchthingies, Mansonfans, eternally depressed or vampires in cheap cloaks. And they all dislike me because I told the leader she was a tad immature going about "cursing" me all the time. No clubs, no bars and the single one café in the area where remotely dark intelectuals used to gather and talk about the world went bankrupt last month...

Also, you have an ocean of emos, and this summer MCR is coming to Hove festival in the next town over. Everyone is in euforialand and even more annoying than usual. There is also a tribe of metalheads, cool as ever, but they only count three and are in constant feuds with eachother and the punks. A lot of people, not a lot of persons.

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #40
Saddiction

The club scene here is ok. Definately better than no scene. What's the deal with the US? There are a lot of replies from people still in highschool in regards to their club scene. I thought the legal age down there was 21. Do clubs operate differently re:age? I do recall going to Das Bunker in LA and having to wear a wrist band while others did not. My assumtion was that people who have wrist bands were able to buy alcohol.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #41
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

There's one place in my town - that I know of - that has a goth night. It's generally considered the "underground" place, and will cater to different crowds depending on what night of the week it is and who's playing. I find that I get along much better with the patrons on goth night or when there's some older punk rock fans about than when the hippies or the bohemian crowd are in. The bohemians are usually pretentious fucks and the hippies generally don't talk to anyone not sporting dreadlocks. It's a mixed bag, this place I speak of.

Someone needs to tell the bohemians that Buddy Holly has been dead for some time, and those glasses of his ain't never comin' back. Also, tweed in the height of summer is just plain stupid.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #42
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyvian Blackthorne
Gosh Val...I get that kind of reaction from mother's hiding there children as well. Oh boy...sighs...looks like some people will never learn acceptance but who am I to whin? Never mind

Goth Forever
Yeah, you're darn right. But, I guess that's how the way things may need to be. I'm sure a number of us dress up for pure shock value, and the goth subculture does stand out because of the way we dress.

It's amusing anyway, so may as well have a few laughs along the way.

I got big plans of fostering a scene where I live. It will be a huge bar/fight club/brothel/fetish bar that caters to all the decadence any goth can think of and do it in style.

Muahahahahaha!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #43
Raptor

I know maybe one goths near me, but I don't see him much. The other one I did know moved to NZ last year. The two club type places I used to go to mainly play indie and emo, certainly don't have goth nights. One of them has also banned 18 year olds and up including band members anyway. The one that lets all ages in plays more emo. I should try out somewhere in Camden.

Move near me first Valerius
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #44
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Move near me first Valerius
Hahaha! Well, I don't know about that since the building I'm planning to put my goth club in is firmly planted in the ground - all fourteen stories of it.

I will, however, give you a sneak peek of the main area where the dance floor is to be.

Clicky

It may seem small in the picture (camera phone pic, go figure), but the open area is 20m by 25m, with an exact mirror image opposite of what you see on left of the picture, beyond the view of the photo. Entrance is on the right side, beyond the view of the photo. The whole dance floor is actually bigger than what the damn camera can capture, so what you see is 1/3 of the whole thing.

Clicky

That photo above shows a room on the thirteenth floor. It's about 15m by 25m.

Clicky

This is a structure on the top floor which will house my office.

Clicky

And this is what's inside of that structure at the moment.

I can imagine it now, women dancing in cages hung from above the dance floor, waitresses in skimpy nurse outfits, bouncers in gimp outfits, the DJ on the second floor above the main area wearing a gasmask and a butcher's apron, VIPs sitting in those little alcoves on the secong floor watching the dancing below. It gets me all excited.

A few floors up is where individual women will be hung from a processing line like in a slaughter house, to be picked by a paying customer. (Yes, I think I will get flamed for this.) Then the dogfighting, private BDSM chambers and rooms like a motel.

But, that's still a healthy ten years away from now, and by then I will have fostered a thriving goth scene with my own hands. Muahahahahaha!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #45
Raptor

That place looks great! Not to worry, I've been watching TV, you can do this. Thanks for the pics.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #46
vampyremage

I don't really think that we have much of a goth scene out here, although I do occasionally see gothy types around town. Then again, I have been accused of not being the most observant of individuals and I tend to try and avoid large groups of people and social gatherings. I do know that whatever goth scene may or may not exist here does not exist within Victoria's gamer community, which are really the only people around here that I tend to spend much time with.
vampyremage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #47
Maggoty Anne

All we have here in maine is country and emo/screamo.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #48
prophecyofdoom

I haven't seen a goth within 20 miles of myself. Around my place of business I see a few mallgoths (clad head to toe from Hot Topic), but I've never spoken with them. I'm near enough to NYC to frequent a few clubs there, but I haven't for the past two years, due to having children and other life events.....I hope to be able to start clubbing again, at least every now and then, in about six months.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #49
biohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tismine
It's the same with me. As much as I enjoy seeing the stars at night, small towns, quite frankly, suck.
Well I have a similiar problem, there are no goths where I live. My city is kind of small, but since I live in latin America the gothic subculture barely exists at all. Not to generalize, but I also think my country is one in which the gothic movement has developed the least.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #50
KontanKarite

The scene here is great and pretty tight knit. Yes, there's the drama, but even despite the drama, we LOVE the music and we can at least agree or respect another goth's favorite genre.

We have cyber goths, deathrockers, romantigoths, rivet-heads, glam goths, half naked goths, a couple vampires, romanti-rivets (steampunks), and your regular ol' black jeans and band tee goths.

We're all just happy to know that we have something to get together on. Also, the age group is 21+ here. But we're working on integrating 18+. The only catch is, it's a thin line.

The younger kids are essentially a strange mix of emo and old school goth such as Robert Smith. Some of them think juggalos are goffic, but fuck em. They have Sumshees, so the baby-bats have their playground. RARELY you'll find an adult at Sumshees, but we all agree that MSL and Fuzion is where it's at.

The DJs USUALLY spin EBM, FuturePOP, harsh Industrial, and a splish splash of deathrock or goth rock. So, it's mainly a cybergoth or rivethead town.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote