Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
L'Oiseau Noir

My God...

I've never felt so incredibly terrible before in my entire life.

Today, I heard my sister scream downstairs, so I went to investigate. And when I got there, she was standing by the door, white as a ghost, and crying with her face half-buried in her hands. I went onto the porch and looked to my right, and witnessed the most disgusting and saddening thing I've ever seen in my life as a pet-owner.

My rabbit... half her face was eaten away, because my fucking brother had left the cage open and his rat got inside. The little bastard chewed the entire left side of her fucking face off, and she was lying in a pool of blood on her side, with her bad leg sticking up in the air. I started crying, I'm still crying. The image was that terrible.

She was almost the weight we needed for her leg amputation operation, but the little beast fucking killed her before she'd hit that limit. She was almost five, too, and her birthday is coming this December. It's not fair this happened to her! She didn't fucking deserve it.

I can't even fucking look at my brother anymore, I'm so sickened by him. And his rats, God help them if I ever see them. I feel really numb, too, and sick. Really, really sick.

The worst part of all of this, besides the fact my little baby is gone, is my brother wasn't even fazed by it. When he saw the corpse, the first thing out of his mouth was "what the fuck did I do?" when my father had told him he was to go to his room. And he stills denies it wasn't his fault, that it was my sister's and mine; he's even more concerned about the fact he's grounded than the fact my rabbit's dead, all because of his fucking stupidity.

Why, of all ways she had to die, was it this way?

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Holy fucking hell; I don't even know what to say.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
honeythorn

Oh gods that's horrendous I'm so sorry. Rats are well known for attacking weak animals ( in the wild, but domestic rats still have all the same instincts of course ) and eating them. Quite a few don't realise. They will take young bird chicks if they can get them, or if they fall from the nest ect.

How on earth did your brother's rat get to the rabbit? Why was the rat loose?????

This is awful I can't even begin to know what to say that would offer any comfort, other than that although her death was unpleasant and horrific, she isn't in pain anymore.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
How on earth did your brother's rat get to the rabbit? Why was the rat loose?????

The little douchebag didn't lock the cage up, out of spite for my sister. They'd gotten into an argument, so to get back at her he just let his fucking rat loose.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
korinna5555

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have found several of my hamsters in the same.. condition, and it's always horrendous. I really do know how it is, and right now, I wish I could give you a hug.
I know it probably won't make you feel any better, but I can tell you that it was a quick and painless death.

If there is anything I can do, and any more support I can give, let me know. I will be praying for both you and your bunny.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

That really is a shame, and I feel bad, but I feel I need to say: don't blame the rat.

It's just an animal, and it didn't do anything out of malice. Be angry at your brother's irresponsibility, but don't hate the animal.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
Mir

Having your face chewed on while alive is hardly going to be a quick and painless death... unless the poor thing was high on morphine or similar.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
I Am Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Having your face chewed on while alive is hardly going to be a quick and painless death.
This is what I will call my next album.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That really is a shame, and I feel bad, but I feel I need to say: don't blame the rat.

It's just an animal, and it didn't do anything out of malice. Be angry at your brother's irresponsibility, but don't hate the animal.

I don't blame the rat as so much as I blame my stupid brother. But how would you feel if an animal fucking murdered one of your closest pets? I doubt you'd feel inclined to show it affection, Ophelia. It's an at-the-moment feeling.

My dad wanted to get rid of it and throw it into the woods, but instead I sought to find it a home. I'd hardly call that hating, when I could very well let the animal suffer in the wild, and most likely be eaten by a predator than cared for by another human, where it's guaranteed a good, stable home.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir

I don't blame the rat as so much as I blame my stupid brother. But how would you feel if an animal fucking murdered one of your closest pets? I doubt you'd feel inclined to show it affection, Ophelia. It's an at-the-moment feeling.

I would like to point out that I didn't say you should show it affection, but you did in fact say something to the effect of, "if I see that rat," which led me to believe that in your emotional state you may be inclined to harm it, which isn't right.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I would like to point out that I didn't say you should show it affection, but you did in fact say something to the effect of, "if I see that rat," which led me to believe that in your emotional state you may be inclined to harm it, which isn't right.
No matter how distraught the incident has made me, I would never, ever harm an animal or any other living thing, even if I was pissed beyond all heavens at it.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #12
lostintranslation

Mir-The rabbit most likely had a heart attack and died before it had to suffer much of what the rat did. Most rodents react in such a manner when threatened and cannot flee.

Noir-I am so sorry. I truly hope that you are doing ok, even though you've lost your bunny, and I do hope your brother sees the fault in his actions and apologizes, at the very least. I know how it is to lose a pet and good friend, not to the extent you do, but just know we're all here for you. *HUGS*
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #13
Mir

A rabbit is not a rodent. It is a mammal. Also, I have not been able to find any sources to back up the claims you have made. Mind pointing me to some?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #14
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
A rabbit is not a rodent. It is a mammal. Also, I have not been able to find any sources to back up the claims you have made. Mind pointing me to some?
Rodents are mammals.....
Anyway they used to be classified as rodents until they got their own family group for rabbits and hares.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Mir

Man, my brain seems to have gone south.

I have been looking this up and most people argue that rabbits are not, and never were rodents.

Well, how 'bout a reference to the heart attack thing?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #16
I Am Great.

Watership Down is scary.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #17
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Man, my brain seems to have gone south.

Well, how 'bout a reference to the heart attack thing?
"Rabbits and hares were formerly classified in the order Rodentia (rodent) until 1912, when they were moved into a new order Lagomorpha. This order also includes pikas."

Dam you edited..
Old 06-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
Mir

I did not know that. Thanks for all that.

One of the arguments I found compelling were that rabbits = omnivorous, rodents = herbivorous. Perhaps that is why they changed their classification, because they were wrong?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #19
Mir

And they have an extra pair of incisors and have other skeletal/structural differences.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
Wednesday Friday Addams

Your trying to tell me rats aren't omnivorous ?
Anyway their skeleton structure is quite similar, Just like most mammals really.
Remeber not all bears eat meat. Yet they are part of the order Carnivora.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #21
Mir

"rabbits = omnivorous, rodents = herbivorous."

I meant, rabbits = herbivorous, rodents = omnivorous.

Still struggling with sleep.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #22
Tea and Cake or Death

I'm sorry.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #23
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I am sorry Noir. It always saddens me to learn an innocent and vulnerable entity died, and worse, died a preventable death. :hugs:

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #24
LillithDuskcutter

I hate rats.
Dirty little bastards.
If you want, you can borrow my friends 3 meter long Python. I'm sure it'll swallow the rat whole.
LillithDuskcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #25
honeythorn

That really has to be one of the most insensitive and pointless comments ever created.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote