Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
crucifix

I want to dye my hair...

...red. But I am not sure about it. My natural color is strawberry blonde and I have dyed it MANY different colors in the past. But I can't do black. No matter what my hair style is, if I dye my hair black I always look like I have a black helmet on. It just doesn't look good on me. Anyway, I have used the nice n easy in reddish blonde before and it really makes my hair fire orange. I am just not sure, for some reason, to do it this time. Whatever. I am sounding like a moron right now.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
darkbird

Go ahead and do it. The good thing is, if it looks bad you can always dye over with with a color you know looks good on you.
If you want something that isn't going to be fire engine red, then get a more natural looking red. there are so many reds out there. Also, in most hair dye boxes there are directions on how to do strand tests, which is what you should do if you're unsure on how a color will come out.
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
thedoll

you should try a dark dark purple, as my friend with natural red hair has the same problem and uses a black with another purple or blue base.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
moonlightrose

Go ahead and try red and if you don't like it, just dye it back to strawberry blonde. I'd try a natural looking red to see if you like red hair first, and then try something brighter like fire engine red if you want to go that bright.
moonlightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
Heatherzilla

Do it. Red hair = awesome. I will warn you though that if you use nice n easy it will not come out, I have no idea what they put in it but it doesn't fade at all. I miss my Ce'Nedra hair.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
crucifix

I bought the dye! I have used it before in the past so I am sure it will come out nice. I just need to get a hair cut because my hair is so damaged. My natural color is strawberry blonde, like I said, but I have dyed it ash blonde, then platnium, then burngundy, the light champagne blonde, then black, then
stripped the black out, then dyed it ash blonde again, then dyed with the nice n easy, but the nice n easy faded out because my hair was so damaged. So.....even though I want to grow my hair out desperately, I must get the damaged ends cut off before I dye it again. Whew!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Heatherzilla

I had to do the same thing. My hair is now the shortest I've had it since I was 10 but I can't dye it until all the black grows out unless I'm feeling brave and attempt to use some color stripper.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #8
crucifix

I dyed it last night. Came out lovely! Bright copper fire red!!! It is a little bit greasy today because I used a little too much leave creme last night after coloring, but oh well. I also noticed that because it is a bright color that my face looks much paler. That's nice
Old 10-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #9
moonlightrose

I'm glad it came out the way you wanted it to.
moonlightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 AM   #10
Heatherzilla

Sounds awesome. Pictures?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #11
Tristanna

Red hair is great and it always made me happy when i had red hair

Hope we can see photos
Tristanna is offline   Reply With Quote