Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
c130

Industrial style goggles

Aloha, people.

Can anyone give me an idea about the lowest prices I should be expecting to pay for a pair of industrial goggles? I saw some brilliant coloured ones when I was in Cyberdog in London, but there's NO way in hell I'd pay their label price of £25.

I'd like to get one or two less expensive pairs of a similar chunky circular style that I can decorate myself with acrylic paints and stuff, but I really don't fancy getting ripped off when I could be getting some dead cheap from somewhere I didn't know about beforehand. :-3

If circle-lens industrial goggles are sold anywhere for £10 a pair or less, I'd be mighty happy to be shown who's selling 'em. Also, has anyone ever had any luck going to an industrial dealer to buy cheap "accessories"?

Thanks.
c130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
Delkaetre

There's already a goggles thread- you should be able to find something on that, or E-bay if you have the patience.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
c130

Bwah! This is what I get for not searching first. :P

I took a peek through the threads returned when I searched for "goggles", and I found a link to http://www.atomefabrik.com/pages_gog...oggles_ggl.htm

They're £40 for just a basic pair, though they are hand-made, unlike nearly all the other goggles on sale, including the Cy-T ones. Is there anyone here who's bought a pair of the atomefabrik goggles?
c130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
Slap Your Love

>.> This look horrid to me. I wouldn't be caught dead, well maybe dead wearing them..that would be funny..but anyways You'll look like your one of those X-ravers. Ha. o.0
Old 09-12-2006, 04:09 AM   #5
Puppet Master

C130 the ones in cyberdog, are rebranded CY-X goggles. If you buy them direct there cheaper. http://www.cy-x.com/
Puppet Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
c130

They're like a third of the price of the Atomefabrik ones... but I don't like them so much, haha. I'm about to blow an extra 20 quid on those Atomefabrik goggles because I want extra lenses and stuff on top of the basic goggles, and I know I'm gonna kick myself for it later, but I SO want a pair of them. x_x
Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Delkaetre

Dunno why, but I'm oddly tempted to get a pair of the ones shown on atomefabrik- the steel ones with the crosses out of each lens shield. The medical look is growing again, and even though I know I wouldn't wear or suit them, I still like the look of them...
Curse you, Mike! Your filthy EBM and Industrial are turning me into some kind of cyber! None of this!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
c130

I got my Atomefabrik goggles today! I've been wearing them round my neck right from when I got them out the packaging. ^_^ They're absolutely beautiful. I got the scratched black paint effect, so they look really worn and industrial, and they also look much more interesting and detailed than the more popular plain unpainted version. I've got neon lime-coloured lenses in atm. Maybe I'll go red tomorrow...

The lining is pretty chunky - I got black leather in mine, rather than silicone - but very comfy. They're not very heavy, a couple hundred grams at the most. There are one or two tiny little imperfections that really give them character and make it clear that they're handmade, but these imperfections are totally superficial; the actual structure is solid as a rock. You could tear down walls with these.

Lenses are very sturdy, you're not gonna bend or break them by accident. You probably couldn't bend or break them even if you were trying. :3 They're easy to take in and out, just unscrew the 5 hex bolts with a hex key, lift out the lens, replace it with another colour, and replace the bolts. The graphics slides just sit snugly on top of the lenses and are also held down with the 5 bolts.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
Neurosis

I can imagine that the Atome Fabrik goggles are excellent. Just by looking at them has me wanting a pair.

I bought my Cy-X goggles at a low cost of $33US. The website provided great service, and fast shipping:

http://www.scailles.com

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Do gas masks come under the heading of goggles? I don't want to make a new thread...

I am trying to find the mask worn in the music video Shiver by Anders Manga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_B-ywhI8f8

I would be willing to pay $75-$100 U.S.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:31 PM   #11
Neurosis

Actually, there are goggles like that, but here is something close:

http://www.jadeddreads.com/catalog/p...products_id=88

And they are not that expensive either. I bought goggles from them, and I've gotten compliments.

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote