Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

View Poll Results: Will Obama survive 1 term of office?
Yes 10 43.48%
No 3 13.04%
I don't want to think about it 2 8.70%
COOKIE! 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Will Obama live out his full term?

Many indications point towards no.

He is the fourth sit in senator to become president. The three other ones (Harding, Garfield, Kennedy) all died within three years.

Harding died apparently of either of a heart attack or stroke, while sick with pneumonia. However this was determined by a Naval Doctor, rather than the far more qualified Surgeon General who was with them. His wife also refused to allow an autopsy. Historians suspect he was poisoned.

Presidents Garfield and Kennedy both died of rather obvious gunshot wounds.

Not to mention there are plenty of people who would want to and are planning to see him dead. There are plenty of people betting against him, who would quite possibly try to make sure they win. Rich people who stand to lose a great deal of money. Nazis, who are simply Nazis.

So do you guys think he will survive a single term in office?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
tekajo

i think he will. i'll go so far as to say he'll live to see two terms.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
JCC

I'm failing to see how a discussion about the president doesn't belong in the Politics forum.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Renatus

Eh while yes it does involve the president it didn't have the feel of a political post to me. This really doesn't deal much with politics, it's more about odds than opinions. But it depends on how you interpret it. Either way, it couldn't do any harm here.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
Minyaliel

I sure hope he does.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I sure hope he does.
...Why exactly?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
harlow

I honestly hope he doesn't, but then again it doesn't really matter cause even if he goes the Vice steps in. One way or the other we are going to be stuck in the ass with more bullshit taxes. More money for the lazy shits that don't work and less money for the hard working people. Yes for change yeay, yes for share the wealth like the ol sickle and hammer.

were screwed.
harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, because we weren't stuck in the ass with Bush. Let's think, biggest debt in history, deadend war, repealing most of our rights, a president who can't even form a coherent sentence.

Seriously, Obama doesn't have to do anything to be an improvement over Bush. He can just sit there, and let the Senate run things, and it'll be a fuck of a lot better than the last 8 years.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
Sanguine Heart

I don't think he's gonna make it. Some white supremacist group is going to try and kill him.

I still hope he makes it to see his complete 8 years though.
Sanguine Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
...Why exactly?
Gah. I misread that. I agree. Obama for the win!
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow
I honestly hope he doesn't, but then again it doesn't really matter cause even if he goes the Vice steps in. One way or the other we are going to be stuck in the ass with more bullshit taxes. More money for the lazy shits that don't work and less money for the hard working people. Yes for change yeay, yes for share the wealth like the ol sickle and hammer.

were screwed.
Apparently you are quite uninformed about his policies and because of that you are hoping for another him to die, how awesome of you.

I hope he makes it through and honestly I think he will if only for the fact that those who would want him dead wouldn't want to make him a martyr and that Biden wouldn't really be a better option for them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
tekajo

Quote:
I honestly hope he doesn't, but then again it doesn't really matter cause even if he goes the Vice steps in.
i didn't vote for him. But i'd never wish him any harm nor do i wish him to fail for that matter. i respect the position of the presidency.

If we're going to get screwed it will be because of this:
Quote:
He can just sit there, and let the Senate run things, and it'll be a fuck of a lot better than the last 8 years.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I hope he makes it through and honestly I think he will if only for the fact that those who would want him dead wouldn't want to make him a martyr and that Biden wouldn't really be a better option for them.
Not everyone who would want Obama dead would see that.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #14
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
i didn't vote for him. But i'd never wish him any harm nor do i wish him to fail for that matter. i respect the position of the presidency.

If we're going to get screwed it will be because of this:
I'm not saying he should, and he's not going to. But if he DID, it'd make him seem like a saint compared to all the harm Bush did.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
tekajo

i wasn't implying that's what you meant, PoS. i was just saying that 'cause harlow seems to think we're screwed if either Obama or Biden is the President and i honestly think we'll be truly screwed if Obama did do what you joked about.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
PortraitOfSanity

Well, he's gonna have to work his ass off just to fix Bush's fuck-ups, that's for sure.

-Mr. Filth
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
Duane

Yep, he has alot of work to do...
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #18
Despanan

This topic is stupid, and anyone who posts in it is stupid.

Wait a minute...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
Mir

Some of us have no pretensions.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Godslayer Jillian

This thread is stupid only because it seems to assume because other presidents have died of heart attacks, this one will too.

Obama will be there for eight years. My young adulthood will be spent with a democrat on the White House. I kinda like that.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #21
Godslayer Jillian

Woah, what the fuck, I just saw harlow's stupid post

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow
I honestly hope he doesn't, but then again it doesn't really matter cause even if he goes the Vice steps in.
Yeah, Biden's fucking cool.
Quote:
One way or the other we are going to be stuck in the ass with more bullshit taxes.
Huh? You know there hasn't been a president that has taken away as much money as Bush, in the form of both taxes and inflation?
Quote:
More money for the lazy shits that don't work and less money for the hard working people.
That's bullshit for so many reasons. If you're making less than 150,000 a year you're not going to see any substantial increase in taxes, if there's any increase for you at all.
If you ARE making more than 150,000 a year, however, then you're the lazy fuck that's earning more than you deserve when the poverty line is ten times less than that and people still get overworked with that and manage to survive.
Also, are you really saying the rich are hard workers; that's so idiotic I can't even think of an analogy to make your claim look more ridiculous than it already is.
Quote:
Yes for change yeay, yes for share the wealth like the ol sickle and hammer
Oh, I see, you're the other symbol of the republican party: a white fat guy who's afraid of change.
What is this? Reductio ad Marxum?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #22
Unimatrix 00

I Hope to goodness that he'll live out the full 4 years, but I'd say there'll be a few assasination attemts. The Ku Klux Shitheads said that they'd kill him when he becomes president. I hope he will survive though. I think he is a lovely man.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
mindless1

I browse through the aol forums and notice that a lot of people just continually harass Barack Obama, 1. For Being Black 2. Because His Father was a Muslim 3. Because He's Democratic....

This was the first year I voted, and I voted Barack Obama...which is great because he won! I can't stand all the hootn' and hollerin' from the white supremist racists and the idiotic Hillary supporters, who think Obama's just another dude? I think not, but I have noticed Obama seems to be trying too hard to appeal to them, and the 'other side' as I will call it. He should be more outspoken and just say it like it is. I can understand why he's careful, but I don't want a wimp for a President.

But McCain, a dimwit, right-wing nutjob...well, I think that Bush left a nice slimey trail for the Democrats to wipe away in this process.

Fuck bush.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
This thread is stupid only because it seems to assume because other presidents have died of heart attacks, this one will too.
Only one president has ever died in office of a "heart attack", that heart attack was possibly a lie to cover for a poisoning. That specific point about the presidents was over assassinations.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

You're still implying that presidents that were senators have a knack for ending up dead. That's not a reasonable conclusion.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: