Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
ChrisMV

This is kinda cool.

My freshman year was terrible. Then came my sophomore year (this year) WHAT A CHANGE. Most notably the influx of new students well goth students albeit some of them are posers. Now I have a group previous to this year I always was following the skaters just to talk or alone (are you familiar with pecking order). Now I have followers and boy is it awsome. It was an unintentional thing but it sort of happened. When I walk the halls you are sure to see at least 2 black trench coat wearing teens following me. We hang out after school and all. My home city is scared shitless of us. I just wanted to share that because I thought it was cool. I know this post is not relevant. It is good to be a leader and not a follower even though you can't really call that following to much of an extent (a symptom of boredom) a chance to not be pecked and to get along with someone although I miss my time being by myself (im not a depressive person).
ChrisMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 AM   #2
a morbid curiosity

Well, the reason your freshman year was so terrible was because of your ridiculous labels and prejudices.

Is your main criteria for a group of friends that they wear black trench coats?
Oh, who cares if they're backstabbing? Who cares if they can't hold an intelligent conversation for five minutes? They look cool and they scare the shit out of people, that's good enough for you, right?
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #3
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMV
My freshman year was terrible. Then came my sophomore year (this year) WHAT A CHANGE. Most notably the influx of new students well goth students albeit some of them are posers. Now I have a group previous to this year I always was following the skaters just to talk or alone (are you familiar with pecking order). Now I have followers and boy is it awsome. It was an unintentional thing but it sort of happened. When I walk the halls you are sure to see at least 2 black trench coat wearing teens following me. We hang out after school and all. My home city is scared shitless of us. I just wanted to share that because I thought it was cool. I know this post is not relevant. It is good to be a leader and not a follower even though you can't really call that following to much of an extent (a symptom of boredom) a chance to not be pecked and to get along with someone although I miss my time being by myself (im not a depressive person).
Oh man! That's impressive! You can actually type! Next, we'll work on forming intelligent thoughts, this may take a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
Well, the reason your freshman year was so terrible was because of your ridiculous labels and prejudices.

Is your main criteria for a group of friends that they wear black trench coats?
Oh, who cares if they're backstabbing? Who cares if they can't hold an intelligent conversation for five minutes? They look cool and they scare the shit out of people, that's good enough for you, right?
You get a cookie.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Fatbaby

ChrisMV who are you? Why don't you introduce yourself in the introductions section? Oops I must have missed it but there it was.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Splintered

So you're telling us you're the grand leader, of a mob of three, that makes your town scared shitless. Do you live in the boonies or something?

Oh wait. Kansas. That answers my question.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Tralis

I enjoying using my fashion statements to play with people's expectations as well. I find that how people react to my style of dress tells me a lot about them. However, I question what exactly makes you a leader? Are you introducing the other two to Goth culture or simply do they idolize you?
Tralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
ChrisMV

The reason I chose to hang out with them is well im giving them a chance they have not been here long and Im trying to get to know them they have no pals or anyone to talk to. I used trench coat teens because I hate labeling people gothic as well as skater and such but I have to use them so you get the general idea without the post going on for pages. I am not saying their unintelligent AND I GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE NO MATTER WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE!
Scared shitless is an exaggeration SO IM SORRY! but they are put off by use. I JUST WANTED TO SAY IT FELT GOOD TO HAVE SOME PALS AND IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU AND IM SORRY IF MY POST ISNT THE BEST OOUT THEIR AND IM SORRY IF I JusT WaNTED TO STAT A CONVERSATION WITH SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!
ChrisMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

I find this hilarious:
You don't want to 'label' people, so you tell us that you identify with them not because they're goth, which merely tell us they have similar tastes in music (which could lead to be able to go out to the same places and have fun), but because they have a trench coat.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #9
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU AND IM SORRY IF MY POST ISNT THE BEST OOUT THEIR AND IM SORRY IF I JusT WaNTED TO STAT A CONVERSATION WITH SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!
So you fucking should be.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
JCC

http://disney.go.com/educational/200...-68M01VL00.jpg

Can anyone join the trenchcoat mafia?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
Tralis

I hate it when people suggest I'm part of the trenchcoat mafia...
Do people even know what it really is? I seriously resent the suggestion that Goth culture is connected in any way to Columbine. Harris and Klebold liked Industrial, not Goth to be begin with.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
TheBloodEternity

The people I get along with best at my school are "prep".
If people started following me around and trying to copy me and "look up to me" I'd tell them to fuck off and grow minds of their own, or at least do it at a distance. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, yes, but it's also annoying as fuck.
But for you it's not even music and clothes, it's trench coats and scaring people? Nice goin'.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
Deadmanwalking_05

I never hang out in a mob I could control,in high school me and my bro's (Martin County Punks)were a collection of individuals,yeah we did a little harmless pranks (Like driving by the front of wal-mart and throwing a lit pack of firecrackers,and the random smoke bomb)

Looking back on it....goddamn we were bored,not to mention the fact we could've been thrown in jail for it.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #14
Fatbaby

What is it Groucho Marx said, "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralis
Do people even know what it really is? I seriously resent the suggestion that Goth culture is connected in any way to Columbine. Harris and Klebold liked Industrial, not Goth to be begin with.
If my name was Klebold I'd want to shoot someone too.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #16
JCC

Quote:
I resent the suggestion that trench coats are in any way connected to Goth culture.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #17
Jonathan

I resent the suggestion that "goth" is in any way connected to "culture".
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #18
$haDe

I recommended the suggestion that "goth culture" is in some way respected and the word should not be seperated.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #19
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I resent the suggestion that "goth" is in any way connected to "culture".
Do you by any chance wear a beret and smoke American Spirits?
Perez Hilton is connected to culture for god's sake. What is goth if not a subculture?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #20
Mealla

Quote:
When I walk the halls you are sure to see at least 2 black trench coat wearing teens following me. We hang out after school and all. My home city is scared shitless of us. I just wanted to share that because I thought it was cool.
You're such an awesome, great example of what the gothic lifestyle is to your community. You're so totally not being goth unless you're scaring the shit out of everybody.

Quote:
I used trench coat teens because I hate labeling people gothic as well as skater and such but I have to use them so you get the general idea without the post going on for pages.
Wow, you're a real keeper. But at least you admit you like to use your "friends."

Quote:
I am not saying their unintelligent AND I GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE NO MATTER WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE!
Scared shitless is an exaggeration SO IM SORRY! but they are put off by use. I JUST WANTED TO SAY IT FELT GOOD TO HAVE SOME PALS AND IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU AND IM SORRY IF MY POST ISNT THE BEST OOUT THEIR AND IM SORRY IF I JusT WaNTED TO STAT A CONVERSATION WITH SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!
Keep up the caps. It really grabs people's attention. Really. For Serious.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Do you by any chance wear a beret and smoke American Spirits?
Perez Hilton is connected to culture for god's sake. What is goth if not a subculture?
No, actually. Do you?

I see goth as a semi-useful term to describe a number of sub-genres. What do you think of it as? I'm having a difficult time picturing a typical 'goth'. I can envision a random thug, skater, punk, pothead, or comic book nerd, but for some strange reason I'm drawing a blank when it comes thinking of what an archetypical goth would be like.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #22
Bete Noire

Siouxsie Sioux? Robert Smith? Jonny Slut? Peter Murphy?
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #23
Tralis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I resent the suggestion that trench coats are in any way connected to Goth culture.
You may well be joking here, hard to tell over just text, but my understanding is that Trenchcoats are an extremely common fashion statement in Goth culture...
Old 09-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #24
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I can envision a random thug, skater, punk, pothead, or comic book nerd, but for some strange reason I'm drawing a blank when it comes thinking of what an archetypical goth would be like.
That pretty clearly shows that you aren't really part of the subculture
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

I like Jonathan

Also:
Quote:
You may well be joking here, hard to tell over just text, but my understanding is that Trenchcoats are an extremely common fashion statement in Goth culture...
NO! Like... at all

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote