Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Yep I know, first time I read about Sikhs was in an encyclopedia I got for christmas back when I was in elementary school. Thing is, they're saying this attack was meant for Muslims, and that he was merely too dumb to know the difference.
They are speculating he meant to attack Muslims. The FBI is warning we probably won't ever find a *clear* motive, but I think being a Neo-Nazi is pretty much the entire motive. I know a lot of reports are like "well Hitler didn't mind Indians", but the thing is is that Neo-Nazism is very very xenophobic as it is racist. I don't think it would matter much to him if they were Muslim or Sikh, I'm hearing he specifically targeted those with turbans and beards and not those who were shaved. If that was the case, he was going after the ones who looked the most foreign. Three of those killed were also priests and I wonder if that was intentional, and how he would know if he was super ignorant about Sikhism.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
They are speculating he meant to attack Muslims. The FBI is warning we probably won't ever find a *clear* motive, but I think being a Neo-Nazi is pretty much the entire motive. I know a lot of reports are like "well Hitler didn't mind Indians", but the thing is is that Neo-Nazism is very very xenophobic as it is racist. I don't think it would matter much to him if they were Muslim or Sikh, I'm hearing he specifically targeted those with turbans and beards and not those who were shaved. If that was the case, he was going after the ones who looked the most foreign. Three of those killed were also priests and I wonder if that was intentional, and how he would know if he was super ignorant about Sikhism.
Hmm well the fact that three of them were priests could be simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time of course. But you could very well be right, we'll just have to wait and see.

The thing that I heard about only through local coverage, that I doubt the national or international media will cover, is the fact that the ones who first alerted the congregation to what was going on, were children, celebrating the youngest of the two's birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFPRq_HSPk&feature=plcp

What a way to ruin a birthday

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
Renatus

An extra note, that I think hasn't been covered much and should be emphasized. The shooter was from Colorado. The Aurora shootings could be in some way be the reason why he did this. Perhaps by enraging him, or inspiring him.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
ape descendant

First I even heard of this was this article.

Fuck, this is tragic.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #30
huqiulian

Replica Handbags And Shoes

"The chaos of the world viewed from a distance reveals perfection."- me
"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them. Replica Handbags And Shoes
huqiulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
Jonathan

Well that is tasteful.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #32
Renatus

Thieving bot stealing my quotes