Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
blackwater1110

Goatse intolerance on Gothic.net

Okay, for the past few months I've really been noticing an undercurrent of Goatse intolerance on this site.

Originally I thought it was simply because we have some ardent Conservatives, and a couple of very outspoken fundamentalist christians, (Goatse is a popular target for those who are pro-Bush and the "war on terror") but I'm starting to think this may run deeper than socio-political posturing.

For those of you who know me, I'm very liberal. I am all for free speech and extremely opposed to censorship. It's also pretty difficult to offend me, so when I tell you that I am honestly not disturbed by any of the stuff which has been linked here, I want you to understand my full meaning.

Now I'm not sure what, if anything, should actually be done about it; (at least at this point) I just really want to see these forums become a haven for filth, like Dev.iant.art. I'm not sure the site owners agree with me, since they go through so much trouble to censor words referring to groups like the K.K.K. (a practice which I have criticized in the past, and no doubt will continue to criticize).

I'm not saying we can't talk about 2 girls 1 cup, and I'm certainly not saying we can't post links to lemonparty.org. I'm just saying, can we as a web community really afford not to talk about goatse?
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
JCC

There have been too many threads with this template now, it stopped being funny after the third or fourth. Enough. Somebody even made a thread about the parody threads with this template.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
Maxim_Macabre

Full of fail.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Man In Room 5

Joker avatar.
Fail.

Joker avatars went out of style months ago. I said so, so it must be true.

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...0&postcount=18
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Apathy's_Child

Welcome back, Blackwater - good to see you around these parts again.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I always learn something new on Gnet, even if it is something I don't want to learn!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
There have been too many threads with this template now, it stopped being funny after the third or fourth. Enough. Somebody even made a thread about the parody threads with this template.
You're quite right, this must stop. I'm apalled by the immaturity level some of the members of these forums display. I can't believe they would rip off someone else's idea for the sake of a laugh. If there's anything G-net is known for, it's tact and moderation, and I'm tired of seeing new members come in and ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
You're quite right, this must stop. I'm apalled by the immaturity level some of the members of these forums display. I can't believe they would rip off someone else's idea for the sake of a laugh. If there's anything G-net is known for, it's tact and moderation, and I'm tired of seeing new members come in and ruin it for the rest of us.
Well played.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
Joker avatar.
Fail.

Joker avatars went out of style months ago. I said so, so it must be true.

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...0&postcount=18
I haven't been on in a year. The avatar was part of an inside joke. Of course, you'd know that if you were uber-cool like me.

...Yeah, I'll change it.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #10
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
He has come out of the gate stomping, it seems. If you're brimming with such energy, why don't you use it to make a joke that didn't drop dead of overuse five incarnations ago? Attempting to parallel your failure with the hilarious musings of the gothic.net intelligentsia will not fool me, Madridian one, I see through your petty facade.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
blackwater1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
He has come out of the gate stomping, it seems. If you're brimming with such energy, why don't you use it to make a joke that didn't drop dead of overuse five incarnations ago? Attempting to parallel your failure with the hilarious musings of the gothic.net intelligentsia will not fool me, Madridian one, I see through your petty facade.
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!