Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
crazypunkrckr

starting over

ok so i must be out of my mind. i didnt realize that there was a specific way to introduce myself. i'm on the right track now, i hope, so here we go:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
well, technically i work at a shoe store in the outlets near my home and i also hold a part time job at a bakery in the city. i'm a freshman in college so work had to be put off for a while. i like to draw though and i love reading. i also play drums and guitar.

2. Where are you from?
i was born and raised in pennsylvania

3. Who is your favorite author?
right now i have a fascination with stephen king but after i go through his novels i will move on to a new favorite author.

4. What are your favorite films?
i love the movie v for vendetta and the underworld series. i find a lot of amusement watching the old black and white horror movies from the 60's

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
i want Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence"

6. At your funeral?
something sad or angry.. i haven't really decided yet.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
i want to die either alone in my sleep or protecting the one that i love more than life.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
i don't think it will really matter after i'm dead, right?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
i like anything comfortable so.. jeans and a t-shirt. maybe my vest if i'm going out. it all really depends on my mood at the time.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
trips to the beach with my cousins.. other than that, there isn't much to miss.

11. What's your favorite band?
right now i'm listening to the birthday massacre but that will change in a day or two.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
i managed to graduate high school and now i'm a college freshman. i'm a theater major this semester but i plan on becoming an art major soon.

13. Why did you join?
i had some questions i needed answered. that and i missed out on the goth scene around my home, there were seriously like, 4. hopefully i'll find some cool people on here

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
i'm a dude. my name is tim. call me whatever you want, doesn't matter to me
crazypunkrckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
JCC

I don't like Stephen King very much, I love V For Vendetta, The Birthday Party are great. 2/3 isn't bad.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Saya

I'm on a Stephen King binge myself, reading IT. V For Vendetta was great but I was disappointed that they made it so different from the graphic novel, particularly when it came to V not even mentioning anarchy and the ending. What vintage horrors do you like?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
crazypunkrckr

i just finished IT... i wasn;t really thrilled with the ending though. maybe i have to watch the movie now? misery and salems lot were pretty good. if you haven't read them yet i highly recomend both. i've never read the graphic novel for V but it's been on my reading list since the movie came out. it was weird that the whole movie was about "terrorism" and not anarchy. i couldn't figure that one out...
my dad introduced me to this one cheesy film, the giant gila monster. it's really great. i like the original dracula, the birds, the thing from another world... i can't really think of any others right now. i just love how horrible these films are.
crazypunkrckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Joker_in_the_Pack

It wasn't about terrorism, it was about inspiring a revolution.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypunkrckr
i just finished IT... i wasn;t really thrilled with the ending though. maybe i have to watch the movie now? misery and salems lot were pretty good. if you haven't read them yet i highly recomend both. i've never read the graphic novel for V but it's been on my reading list since the movie came out. it was weird that the whole movie was about "terrorism" and not anarchy. i couldn't figure that one out...
my dad introduced me to this one cheesy film, the giant gila monster. it's really great. i like the original dracula, the birds, the thing from another world... i can't really think of any others right now. i just love how horrible these films are.
I have the Giant Gila Monster, I tried watching it once but I fell asleep right away, I'll have to give it another try soon. I watched the movie IT before I read the book, it was bad but in the same way those old movies are ^_^ if you can check out Attack Of The Giant Leeches or King Of The Zombies, and of course any of Vincent Price's old films.

You really should read the book, like Joker said it was about inspiring revolution. In the graphic novel V teaches Evey about anarchy, I'd say more but its more fun if you read it and find out yourself.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote