Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Daywalker

schizophrenia

I just found out i have schizophrenia fuck my life .
Disorganized type:

Child-like (regressive) behavior
Delusions
Flat affect
Hallucinations
Inappropriate laughter
Not understandable (incoherence)
Repetitive behaviors
Social withdrawal
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
ape descendant

Dude, that SUCKS!! How are you managing it?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Daywalker

I just have to stay on top of it by watching what i do and say when i am around people
Old 05-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Catch

Right, most people have some similarities to a mental illness, but it isn't that bad until taking on the heigtened, over-the-edge form. With schizophrenia it is the inability to care of yourself, like stop bathing. Not only can you see a schizophrenic, you can smell them, unless your in Europe. But I've known people who probably were, but they were still in reality enough to hold jobs and do other stuff, so not clinical anyway.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Daywalker

Ya minds not that bad but it still makes life more stressful than it need to be with out haveing mild schizophrenia. I know there are people out there that are far more fucked up than me. That is way i not making a big deal i just want to say this sucks. But I am geting of it in way it kind if bad-ass.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
korinna5555

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy where this might be going..
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Alan

Call me a cynic, but it just has to be asked for further reference. How were you diagnosed a schizophrenic?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Call me a cynic, but it just has to be asked for further reference. How were you diagnosed a schizophrenic?
Most likely by the venerable Dr. Wik Ipedia, PhD. Man, that guy gets all the good patients.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #9
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
But I am geting of it in way it kind if bad-ass.
Woah woah woah

Back this fun bus the fuck up.

Alright, you just lost pretty much all credibility with me. I am a genuine paranoid schizophrenic, as in, diagnosed in my early teens by a real psychiatrist kind of schizophrenic. It's not something I'm proud of and it's certainly not something I think is bad-ass.

Tell me, did you actually see a therapist, who then referred you to a clinical psychiatrist, who diagnosed you? Or did you just take an online quiz or something?

Seriously, it's not badass. It's just frustrating and downright scary some times. I have to constantly remind myself that the guy at Burger King most likely isn't a serial killer who poisons the french fries or something.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
I just found out i have schizophrenia ...
You must be beside yourself.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #11
Solumina

It really sounds like you just saw a list of the symptoms and have self-diagnosed. This is a bad idea for several reasons but I'll just give the big ones. First off: most people demonstrate the characteristics of most mental disorders, it is all about the degree to which they are presented. Second: you don't know the full scope of the disorder. Third: it means that you aren't getting the help that you need if you really do have the condition, GPs and the like aren't capable of helping you with things like that, even if you already have a diagnosis.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
d0p3y

OMFG I am a Schizoid ... t00 . Why did I Open this Thread.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #13
Daywalker

Tell me, did you actually see a therapist, who then referred you to a clinical psychiatrist, who diagnosed you? Or did you just take an online quiz or something?

Seriously, it's not badass. It's just frustrating and downright scary some times. I have to constantly remind myself that the guy at Burger King most likely isn't a serial killer who poisons the french fries or something.[/quote]

OK First of all. I Said i am not trying to make a big thing out of this. I got schizophrenia who the fuck cares i fucking don't . I am nobody focus on the rest of the world i dont care . I never said the world has to stop and hold my hand because I have a problem, no fuck that shit! My point is to say this sucks but it is my problem an obstacle but i will live and, I will not let this get in my way of a good life.I am sorry if you are having a hard time with what ever you got going on.OK now I do not know what your life is like but. For me i will not let this stop me. From living my life the way I want to.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #14
Alan

Quote:
OK First of all. I Said i am not trying to make a big thing out of this. I got schizophrenia who the fuck cares i fucking don't
Quote:
I just found out i have schizophrenia fuck my life .
And you still haven't told us. Were you diagnosed by a professional psychiatrist?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
ape descendant

One of the nice things about seeing a professional.. is possibly getting medication to help alleviate your symptoms.

Be Kind
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
Saya

Not to mention that "watch what you say and do around people" is not the treatment for schizophrenia.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #17
Ben Lahnger

Reminds me of that routine by Emo Phillips:

I was talking to my psychiatrist the other day. He said, "Emo, you have self-destructive tendencies." I said, "Wow! Well, what should I do?" And he said, "Go for it!"

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #18
d0p3y

I Peed a lil with that one.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #19
retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
One of the nice things about seeing a professional.. is possibly getting medication to help alleviate your symptoms.
To this
and the other post about him not getting treatment

Medication doesn't always help, and you fellows rely on pharmaceuticals way too much.

Schizophrenia medication is all anti-psychotic class drugs. Which basically just puts you on a mind altering drug 24/7, just like with antidepressants.
I don't believe most people look at it this way, but it will alter your thoughts from what you would normally think. and thats fucked up in my opinion.
Just like how they give little kids with ADHD adderol because their parents are lazy as shit, which is just amphetamine, basicly just weak methamphetmine.
After abusing adderol once or twice you really realize how fucked up it is that they drug little kids with low doses, and keeping them on it 24/7.

When I was 8 I took some behaviour medication. It made me overweight, and made me allergic to being cold (don't ask). I lost all the weight as soon as I was taken off it thoughh. xD
But looking back on it, it makes me feel as if I was drugged for months.

Anyway, sorry, couldn't help but chime in with my 2 cents on medication.

Very sorry about the schizophrenia. Glad you're looking at it with a good attitude.
retribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
ape descendant

There's nothing wrong with getting professional help, and sometimes the drugs do help.

You never know until you try.

Be Kind
Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
BlackGnosis

schizophrenia is such a varied group of diagnosis I think its hard to pin it on some one... took three doctors to figure out I was autistic then again, but those are just words, not methods to hold yourself under.

yes, yes I agree with BlackGnosis on this conclusion.
BlackGnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by retribution View Post
To this
and the other post about him not getting treatment

Medication doesn't always help, and you fellows rely on pharmaceuticals way too much.

Schizophrenia medication is all anti-psychotic class drugs. Which basically just puts you on a mind altering drug 24/7, just like with antidepressants.
I don't believe most people look at it this way, but it will alter your thoughts from what you would normally think. and thats fucked up in my opinion.
Just like how they give little kids with ADHD adderol because their parents are lazy as shit, which is just amphetamine, basicly just weak methamphetmine.
After abusing adderol once or twice you really realize how fucked up it is that they drug little kids with low doses, and keeping them on it 24/7.

When I was 8 I took some behaviour medication. It made me overweight, and made me allergic to being cold (don't ask). I lost all the weight as soon as I was taken off it thoughh. xD
But looking back on it, it makes me feel as if I was drugged for months.

Anyway, sorry, couldn't help but chime in with my 2 cents on medication.

Very sorry about the schizophrenia. Glad you're looking at it with a good attitude.
Schizophrenia is a whole other ball game from a kid who's hyper. Untreated, its really scary.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #23
Frenn

The drugs may be mind altering, but thats the point.
Weight gain, hyper/hyposomnia, tardive dykinesia...all these side effects are usually taken in stride because they outweigh the downsides of psychosis.

Also note, with adderal and the whole low grade meth...it is. Yes. Great Stuff.
Most psychiatric drugs, when used in those without real show of the symptoms can often develop the symptoms. Its probably why you were so super-focused when abusing them.

I take a fairly hefty cocktail of presciption meds, and it leaves me so messed up i cant walk for teh first 30mins of being awake. This is much better than auditory hallucinations.
Frenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #24
retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Schizophrenia is a whole other ball game from a kid who's hyper. Untreated, its really scary.
I understand that, I'm not saying anythings wrong with taking medication. Just that many may choose not to take medication.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #25
retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenn View Post
The drugs may be mind altering, but thats the point.
Weight gain, hyper/hyposomnia, tardive dykinesia...all these side effects are usually taken in stride because they outweigh the downsides of psychosis.

Also note, with adderal and the whole low grade meth...it is. Yes. Great Stuff.
Most psychiatric drugs, when used in those without real show of the symptoms can often develop the symptoms. Its probably why you were so super-focused when abusing them.

I take a fairly hefty cocktail of presciption meds, and it leaves me so messed up i cant walk for teh first 30mins of being awake. This is much better than auditory hallucinations.
I see why people would want to take adderal to stay focused, but I don't think a kid who doesn't even know what it is should be on it 24/7. I don't think anyone should be on it 24/7, but if they will, they should atleast have a choice, and know what it is.
My friend with ADHD used to take 20mg a day, every day.
He didn't even know what it was. I remember when I was younger, I asked what his old medication was. He replied "I don't remember." Then a few days later he's like "I think it was called adderol" and I'm just like. "0.0"
He didn't know anything about it, the only side affect he knew about was possible heart problems.

Kids usually don't think much. They just think "my mom/dad/doctor wants me to take this, sounds cool man"

It just seems fucked up. "You can't stay focused? Here take some speed, little boy."