Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I need a haircut

I've needed it for at least half a year, I am sick to death of my hair, a new batch of knots everyday, frizzy and unruly, it's really a pain in the ass.

I've been looking for a cut that I like but I can't seem to find it, as all the current hairstyles that are being displayed on the sites I find are variations of the emo fringe and the plain old short and spiked with blonde tips sort of deal.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...s/Photo125.jpg

Here's a photo for hair length and my face, I took it this morning so it's fresh.

Ideas? Tips? Chop, colour, bleach? I'm open to it all but I am looking for something shorter than that, and that doesn't require high product maintenance, something I can just about wake up with, shower and be ready to go out , a few minutes of prep each wouldn't hurt me though.

Cheers <3
Old 04-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
KontanKarite

Undershave with a 8 inch diagonal forward.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
korinna5555

Haha.. Kontan, I love you.. XD
Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Kontan's joke is kind of lost on me =/

I assume he's telling me to clear up my regrowing beard which I will do closer to me having to leave for college.

If it is a hair suggestion then I regret to inform you I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
KontanKarite

Combine these, mofo!!

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
isobel black

That's my 'do, minus that fringe.

It might tick a few boxes for you, for me it's pretty low maintenance.
I just brush it out of the shower, and use a little bit of product if it happens to be dry when I style it. You can also tie it back.

Although it isn't curly like yours, my hair is really thick and not exactly straight. I like how it loses a lot of volume because of the shaved sides.

And, because you touch up the sides yourself, it keeps looking 'kempt' way longer, which saves you quite a few visits to the hairdresser's.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Serren

Hmm curly hair is a nightmare sometimes... I have tried cutting mine super short before, which made it a great deal easier to manage. Spikes can look cool, as can mohawk type things if you like that type of thing.

If you cut it to your shoulders with some layers you could have mad curls, or alternatively some serious back combing.

I'd also think about dyeing it black.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
the-nihilist

Why don't you get them all cut?
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Unimatrix 00

I think you should shave it all off baby. You have beautiful sculpted features and I believe that if you shave your hair, they will be emphasised. x
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
drewsilla

Shave it short and bleach the fuck out of it.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
crucifix

your hair looks similar to mine, if mine where longer. cut a few inches cut off to get rid of tangles and dried out ends (not dead, all hair is dead and it bothers me when people say 'dead' ends'). Don't wash it everyday, even if you use styling product. use stuff with flexible hold and it won't damage your hair if you sleep with it in (i'll go three days with flexible hairspray caked in mine and it is still just fine). Get a straightener and some heat protectent. Even if you don't get it bone straight, straightening it will smooth it a help prevent it from tangling as the day goes on.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Sir Canvas Corpsey

So I found a style I like but I can only find anime pictures of it despite it not being that 'out there'

Can anyone think of what this'd be called or how you would define it to a hairdresser?

http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/ueda/05.jpg

I'm so bad with this kind of stuff ^_^;;
Old 05-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
honeythorn

Just take the picture to a hairdresser and say you'd like the real life version of that.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #14
gothicusmaximus

And prepare to become a popular object of ridicule within the global hairdresser community.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
And prepare to become a popular object of ridicule within the global hairdresser community.
You hit the nail of my concerns on the head...

Hence why I search for an image that is a decent real life implementation of said hairstyle.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
Catch

Just take he picture to the hair stylist and say this is what it should look like. However, I would keep it dark brown and ask about hair moisturizers.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #17
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Animu
Dude looks like Gene Starwind's little brother.

...I can't believe I still remember Outlaw Star after all these years.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #18
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
So I found a style I like but I can only find anime pictures of it despite it not being that 'out there'

Can anyone think of what this'd be called or how you would define it to a hairdresser?

http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/ueda/05.jpg

I'm so bad with this kind of stuff ^_^;;
You should be able to find a hair cut similar like that, almost looks like vintage Clint Eastwood hair only brushed back on one side only. I'm not such a great anime geek that I can tell, is this a character from an actual anime or manga or is it just art? If its a character you can see from the world of cosplay if anyone has had cut their hair like that, I once found Lain's haircut that way (and realized how horrible that would look on a real person).
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #19
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Well it's someone from the original Persona and I did find some cosplay, about 50-60 photos none of which I can access without an account which I've attempted to get but the site refuses to let me have one.

Thanks for Clint reference, I'mma look around some more as well
Old 05-10-2009, 04:30 AM   #20
honeythorn

http://coolmenshair.com/2009/03/cris...airstyles.html

Bottom two pictures on that page.

Try and ignore the fact it's Criss Angel >.< But if you had something like that and gelled/hairsprayed it up in the right way you could possibly get it to look similar to the anime picture. The hair colours in both pictures are similar if nothing else?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #21
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Seems like a good place to start, thanks honey!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #22
Sir Canvas Corpsey

So I was perusing through a copy of FashionTrend I've had for a very long time, and I was looking for my favourite section in it, which had some yummy men in yummy clothes. One of the guys in the photos has the hairstyle of that guy in the anime picture, looks like I may have found my photo... ;D
Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #23
Serren

The hairstyle seems fine, just remember you will have to straighten it every time you wash it, plus cutting it may make it go more curly.

I'd also bear in mind what the others said about heat protection and also regular deep conditioning.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #24
strange_pleasure

Although that anime style you wanted is nice, you will have to spend time on it everyday because you have curly hair. Trust us girls, fighting to keep curl hair straight in summer is not fun!

Also, I'm sure you realize the shorter you cut curly hair, the poufier it gets.

I like the other idea of undershaving it and cutting the rest chin length or maybe an inch or 2 longer. that way you have a more versatile style which will be easy to work with and you will be much cooler this summer.

You're a good looking guy, I'm sure you could pull of either look, post a pic when you get it done
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
viscus

I went for kind of the same hairstyle, after 10 years of having it long: https://www.gothic.net/boards/pictur...&pictureid=165, really short in the back, but kind of long on top. I almost had to sit down and have a drink of tequila afterwards, because I almost didn't recognize myself.

As others have said, your hair is rather curly, so you might have problems with it being frizzy and wild as hell at that length.

And may I add that I find shaven heads rather repulsive.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote