Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #176
Needled

I don't trust you either.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #177
FenrisQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Fenris, where the F00K have ytou been, babe?

Long time no see!!!
Well wolfie, I had to find myself. Unfortunately, three minutes after leaving the computer to get a snack, I got hopelessly lost in my apartment.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #178
UltraNEO*

Hmmm Trust huh!

Well, I'm into pain, so... I'm quite happy to sit in class and poke a pin through one of my limbs or some place else; probably gross someone out though but that's fun too!

If you really want it done quick, you could always use a nail gun, though the hole might be a little bigger then normal.

*joke*
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #179
joyslayer

Ooh thanks needled. *pouts*

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #180
IlGato_DiDiablo

Ooh! I got my tattoo done! Finally, it's complete... It hurt at start but then it was alright. Anyways, i'll post some pictures soon so you would all tell me what you think !!
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #181
joyslayer

What is it of?

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #182
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO*

If you really want it done quick, you could always use a nail gun, though the hole might be a little bigger then normal.

*joke*
While I was reading that before you clarified that it was a joke, I thought you were serious.. i was like PLEASE tell she/he has not used a nail gun to pierce themself!!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #183
luciferini

PA, Nipple, Hafata, belly button. No ears. All done at home by myself. No tats.
luciferini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #184
Underwater Ophelia

God, I love piercings and everything about them. The anticipation, the needle tearing through the skin, even paying for them after just makes me so happy. I'd like to become a piercer myself, but I'm not sure how to go about it.
That said, I have my nose pierced, six in my ears (two of which are gauged to 1/2 inch) and an inverse navel. I plan on getting both nipples, the sides of my navel done, all over my ears, and my clitoris.
What I love about most body piercings is that they're either so private, or on display for all the world.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #185
Needled

Ophelia, I'm curious about your nose piercing. I assume you're talking about your nostril... did you get it pierced with a needle? I know some people get theirs done with a piercing gun although it is not the best idea. I'm supposed to be getting mine done this weekend. Originally it was set for today, but I'm out of cash . I asked my piercer if he thought it would hurt, and if it would hurt more than my present piercings. He seemed to think it would since I have a thick nostril, and he said something about a lot of the nerves in the body are located in the nose. Or something of the sort. Anyhow, how would you rate the pain? You can be honest.. I'd prefer that it hurt, since usually I always anticipate that it is going to hurt more than it actually does. I want my next piercing to hurt as much as I think it will. And maybe hopefully possibly i can get some blood. I never bleed ,and that is dissapointing as well.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #186
joyslayer

The nose wasn't that bad for me. But it depends on how you get it pierced. My friend did mine, with a needle thing. It wasn't too bad, he just screamed after it went in, so I started screaming. Just watch out for tricksters and you'll be fine.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #187
UltraNEO*

I quite fancy having my lip pierced although in the past I usually do everything myself, or at least try. Yep, my own blood taste quite good, it's like candy to a baby and no i don't use a nail gun. Anyway, after reading someone's post then someone talking about possibility nerve damage (maybe it's the same person)I'm a little skeptical to try. Knowing my luck, I'll do it once and hit the nerve.

Now I'm in Manchester, UK. Does anyone know roughly what's the costs and who they recommend. Another thing... anyone know where i can buy clear plastic jewelry? I've only every seen surgical steel ones here.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
Old 01-07-2006, 06:44 AM   #188
IlGato_DiDiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyslayer
What is it of?
What do you mean? Sorry, I don't think I quite understood that...
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:43 AM   #189
joyslayer

I meant what is the tattoo of?

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #190
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO*

Now I'm in Manchester, UK. Does anyone know roughly what's the costs and who they recommend. Another thing... anyone know where i can buy clear plastic jewelry? I've only every seen surgical steel ones here.
I reccommend that you go to bmezine.com and type your city in the search engine there. Upon doing that you will find many pictures and experiences from people who have gotten pierced in your area. This will give you an idea of where you want to go. I've heard a lot about the "Manchester Piercing Studio" lol.. simply named, but I was reading experiences of people who have gotten pierced there. Good feedback. Anyhow I reccomend bmezine.com for anyone who has interest in piercings and tattoos as well as other mods.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #191
Needled

Clear plastic jewelry.. are you looking for a retainer to conceal your piercing for job purposes or something? I'm also certain that Tribalectic.com will have what your looking for. They have a shitton of jewelry to select from. Good prices too.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #192
UltraNEO*

Um... no, not a retainer. I think the actual material's called Acrylic, not sure is it just the outer section or the whole thing. I've seen them people wearing them around Harajuku, Japan. Haven't seen people wear them here in Manchester though.

Mmm.. how it look... well it's a clear acrylic/plastic version of a long nail or a unbent fishtail (the steel version looks great too!), not 100% sure but I think they're illuminate in UV lighting, measures approx. 30-45mm in length (difficult to tell) could even be a custom.

Interesting... I'd just been looking at the Tribalectic's Labret gallery. Dunno why, maybe someone like to explain but it seems that all the males are wearing a ball & ring or ball type. No offense, can't people be a little more creative?

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
Old 01-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #193
joyslayer

As soon as I saw acrylic, I immediately thought of fish tanks. (acrylic fish tanks). My boy friend has some acrylic piercing ring things, (I don't know the proper name) I could ask him to see where he got them from if you'd like.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #194
Needled

Ahhh.. acrylic! I looked on Tribalectic and the only labret jewelry that they have in acrylic are flatbacks with acrylic ends. I guess this is to minimize the chance of your gums recessing. All the fishtails were surgical steel. Honestly, I didn't know acrylic fishtails even existed.. I just can't picture it.

Yeah when it comes to body jewelry most people aren't that creative.. me being one of those. I'm just a simple kind of person. I stick to my plain little flatbacks.. i'll switch the balls every now and then but that's it. I tried to put a CBR in my lip but i can't seem to find the right size. It's always either too small or too big.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #195
joyslayer

Yeah, acrylic looks kind of funny though. My favorite look is like, red steel, or colored steel. It looks pretty cool. But it's hard to find.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #196
Metatron

What I'm waiting to find are retainers for normal ear piercings...
Old 01-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #197
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needled
Ophelia, I'm curious about your nose piercing. I assume you're talking about your nostril... did you get it pierced with a needle? I know some people get theirs done with a piercing gun although it is not the best idea. I'm supposed to be getting mine done this weekend. Originally it was set for today, but I'm out of cash . I asked my piercer if he thought it would hurt, and if it would hurt more than my present piercings. He seemed to think it would since I have a thick nostril, and he said something about a lot of the nerves in the body are located in the nose. Or something of the sort. Anyhow, how would you rate the pain? You can be honest.. I'd prefer that it hurt, since usually I always anticipate that it is going to hurt more than it actually does. I want my next piercing to hurt as much as I think it will. And maybe hopefully possibly i can get some blood. I never bleed ,and that is dissapointing as well.
Sorry for the time you had to wait for this reply; I haven't got a computer at my mother's house. Anywho, it doesn't really hurt all that bad...there is the pinch and your eyes water, but it isn't crying. It's definately worth it.

PS--Of course it was with a needle! No one should get pierced with a gun, anywhere.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #198
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyslayer
As soon as I saw acrylic, I immediately thought of fish tanks. (acrylic fish tanks). My boy friend has some acrylic piercing ring things, (I don't know the proper name) I could ask him to see where he got them from if you'd like.
Tanks... hahaha funny..

Yeah, that'll be fantastic! Thank you joyslayer. Although I yet to have the actual piercing done. Oh, I discovered Tribalectic have a custom section.. maybe i'll contact them and see can they obtain what I'm lookin' for.

Old 01-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #199
joyslayer

I actually just asked him, he made a few himself( o_O) but he also got a few custom made by a jewler in chicago. Would that help at all? But he did say to ask one of your piercers if they have any suggestions.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #200
UltraNEO*

Thanks for asking. Actually, I contemplated making some thing. Sometimes there's just a look or maybe an image one like to have.. and the only way to achieve it, is to create yourself. For some reason... I always have this problem. hehe...