Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Unimatrix 00

Sometimes its hard

I know you probably all think of me as some outrageous bitch and possibly a psycho (I'm not). But I have to tell you that I'm really not as hard as I can come across. I feel pain too. For the past few months now its just been hard. Its hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, to greet a new day. Its hard to just smile. i just feel that no matter what I do, what does it amount to? I'm destined to just end up a quasi-failure. I seem to be failing in school, and as a friend and daughter. And as for my relationships with people, well I just drive everyone away in the end. Maybe people would just be better off without me.

I want to reach out, but who to? and for what? There was, and still is a lot of shit in my life at the moment, but I don't feel I deserve to feel this way about myself, which just makes me feel worse. Bottom line, I am really, really depressed and don't know what to do. Maybe next time I visit my psych I'll ask him to prescribe me some anti-depressants. I need the quick fix, I don't want to, or feel I have to, work this shit out.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
PortraitOfSanity

Your post started out with a completely obvious fact with no relevance to the rest of your post, and went downhill from there.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Unimatrix 00

Just go the fuck away right now. I'm not able for the likes of you ATM.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Duane

Fuck you, asshole!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Solumina

Sorry but there is no quick fix for depression...well you could flood your mind with serotonin or dopamine but at best that will be extremely temporary and can only be achieved through the use of very dangerous drugs. Pills really only work as therapy aides (they basically give you the strength and energy to get through the therapy) and if you take them with out any therapy then once you go off them you are pretty much guaranteed to be right back to where you were when you started taking them. The only way to fix depression is by forming new, more efficient neural networks which is something that takes time, patience, and in many cases the help of a good psychologist.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
maggot

Duane, shut the fuck up!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Magz it is so cool to have you back. Not because you told Duane to fuck off (he be my buddy!) but you tell everyone to fuck off! Lulz.
But you haven't told me to fuck off yet, you discriminating against me? I demand fairness now!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
maggot

HP, shut the fuck up!!!!!!!

Go read becky's intro :P
Old 04-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00 View Post
I know you probably all think of me as some outrageous bitch and possibly a psycho (I'm not).
Mua-heh. I wouldn't call you outrageous. Or psycho. But I will say that you're not the straightest nail in the coffin.

Quote:
But I have to tell you that I'm really not as hard as I can come across.
No one thinks you're "hard."

Quote:
I feel pain too.
Urine will do that to a person.

Quote:
For the past few months now its just been hard. Its hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, to greet a new day. Its hard to just smile. i just feel that no matter what I do, what does it amount to? I'm destined to just end up a quasi-failure. I seem to be failing in school, and as a friend and daughter. And as for my relationships with people, well I just drive everyone away in the end. Maybe people would just be better off without me.
Pussy.

Quote:
I want to reach out, but who to? and for what? There was, and still is a lot of shit in my life at the moment, but I don't feel I deserve to feel this way about myself, which just makes me feel worse. Bottom line, I am really, really depressed and don't know what to do. Maybe next time I visit my psych I'll ask him to prescribe me some anti-depressants. I need the quick fix, I don't want to, or feel I have to, work this shit out.
Coward. If you can't force yourself to at least make the attempt to succeed no matter what adversity you face, you don't deserve the succeed.

[/dickhead mode]

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #10
Learing Cordelia

I'm sorry that you are currently depressed and that is good of you to go to your psychiatrist. Maybe you should discuss why you are in fact depressed and work through it rather than just find a 'quick fix' that won't last for very long.

And secondly.. looking at the general responses you are getting, are you sure this is the right place for you to get support? Won't all of these negative comments only provoke you into a greater depression or loathing state?

Last edited by Learing Cordelia; 04-08-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Grammatical error
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
Mealla

As long as you are still alive, you have the potential to succeed, but attention-whoring on the net isn't a likely solution to your problems.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
Pyre

Why do you complain of your problems on a site you clearly acknowledge to be comprised of people that think poorly of you? If you're looking for sympathy, try starting anew elsewhere. Very few here will be willing to listen to your sorrows.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #13
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni 00
Sometimes its hard
Sometime's I'm hard.

Occasionaly the phenomenon of being flaccid occurs, frequently during the winter months.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
Mr E Nigma

Yeah if you don't want people to treat you badly... don't maintain connections to those who actually do treat you that way.. at least in your eyes. Make new connections, meet new people and treat them how you'd like to be treated.. (The... I wouldn't just piss on anyone, not everyone's into that)..

I think you get what I mean though... If you're nice and enjoyable to be around towards someone else, maybe they'll be the same to you.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #15
Opteron_Man

Quote:
I need the quick fix, I don't want to, or feel I have to, work this shit out.
Why even make this thread if you are not interested in putting the elbow grease into making yourself better? If you don't even want to try, then you don't deserve the fruits of success. There is no magic bullet. Depression is a nasty beast. It will take time, and perhaps therapy. But you have to at least try Uni.

Oh fuck it! I think I am wasting my time and energy on this. Do what you like!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #16
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Sometime's I'm hard.

Occasionaly the phenomenon of being flaccid occurs, frequently during the winter months.
Haha omg this reminded me of a dream I had last night. Not of you, but of a penis, and winter and there was so much snow! I think it was my best dream in weeks.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #17
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Only occasionally? You might want to get that looked at, you wouldn't want to get blood clots followed by gangrene down there.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #18
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Sorry but there is no quick fix for depression...well you could flood your mind with serotonin or dopamine but at best that will be extremely temporary and can only be achieved through the use of very dangerous drugs. Pills really only work as therapy aides (they basically give you the strength and energy to get through the therapy) and if you take them with out any therapy then once you go off them you are pretty much guaranteed to be right back to where you were when you started taking them. The only way to fix depression is by forming new, more efficient neural networks which is something that takes time, patience, and in many cases the help of a good psychologist.
QFT. mssg2short.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
Drake Dun

Quote:
Its hard to just smile. i just feel that no matter what I do, what does it amount to? I'm destined to just end up a quasi-failure. I seem to be failing in school, and as a friend and daughter. And as for my relationships with people, well I just drive everyone away in the end. Maybe people would just be better off without me.
Maybe a good start would be to just relax and stop beating yourself up. People fuck up. I have some good fuckup stories from my life. You'll fuck up too. You can get into this vicious cycle where you're like, I HAVE TO FIGURE THIS OUT AND GET IT RIGHT, and that stress and panic makes you fuck up more. So instead just play some XBox or something. Or better yet take a trip out to the beach, ideally some place you can walk around alone, and realize exactly how small all those things are.

Good luck.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #20
Serren

It maybe that anti depressants can help you, they help a lot of people, but giving them to young people is more 'risky' than for adults. I'm not sure quite how old you are. They may lift your mood to the extant you are more able to work on your problems.

However they are not really a quick fix, they take quite a while to actually work, and they do have side affects as well which can be unpleasant in the early stages.

I think it would be a good idea to talk to your psych and ask him what he thinks about going on them and whether or not they would benefit you. I also wonder what other types of therapy you are having.

I don't want to patronize you but a lot of young people your age have problems adjusting and its not that uncommon to get mental health problems. If you get appropriate treatment you may well find things get easier as you get older. One of the problems young people have is if they do have these sorts of problems such as depression is they don't have the same coping skills that older people have, and it hits them a lot harder.

In other words you may well find life a lot easier as you get older.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #21
Unimatrix 00

Thank you ... I'll talk to my psych. I just don't want him thinking I'm suicidal or something too. lol x
Old 04-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #22
Stormtrooper of Death

I really don't see why we're beating her down all the time. She's asking for some help here and we're being dicks about it. By having divides in anything you cannot stand united. I don't know where I was going wiht htta but still. Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #23
PortraitOfSanity

The problem is we've given all the advice we can give her, not being psychologists ourselves, and she still comes whining about the same shit over and over again.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #24
Learing Cordelia

Quote:
Thank you ... I'll talk to my psych. I just don't want him thinking I'm suicidal or something too. lol x
If you do get suicidal thoughts. Consult them with your doctor. Can't stress that enough.
Trust me on that, I've had to pull too many guns or knives away from people.
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Solumina

Quote:
If you mention that you are depressed they are going to ask if you have had suicidal thoughts, be honest, if you are suicidal they need to know so that they can treat you accordingly as it is something that is diagnostically significant, if you say that you aren't then they have no reason to think otherwise.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote