Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #26
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Didn't advocate black supremacy. Sorry if it sounded that way. What I MEANT was that for all the shit white people have to take, blacks take more. And whites tend to downplay the whole slavery thing. The fact is that they were enslaved, freed, and still have it worse than whitey. Yet more whites hate blacks than blacks hate whites.
I am inclined to agree with JCC on this one. I don't think that I should have to suffer for something that my ancestors did. As far as being native american goes, I don't go around being pissed off about how the white man took the land from my ancestors either. I think we are far too many generations beyond what happened in the past and those who still do complain, don't really have the room. It happened, it's done. Unfortunate as any racist situation is, once it's over you should move on. Dwelling on the past will only create more hatred and racism in today's society, rather than being progressive.

I also want to be clear that the email didn't come (or supposedly come) from Michael Richards. It is clearly one of those chain emails that get passed along. Racist though it may be, it does bring up some points.
This is not to say that we would want an all white college, but if there was one, whites would be called "racist" because of it's existence. As I'm also sure that there would be many opinions about segregation, where the all black colleges choose to segregate themselves.

Additionally, whites are a minority in the world. With both legal and illegal immigrants coming to the country everyday, as well as those of a race other than white that are already here, whites are slowly becoming a minority in the states, even though we don't necessarily see it/want to believe it yet.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
If my ancestors enslaved and tortured yours for generations, why should I give a fuck? You've got the fucking right to be pissed.
That's total bullshit, dude.

There are no slaves living today to be angry about slavery. There are no slave masters to be angry at.
I don't see a problem with black people being upset that slavery happened and wanting to make sure something like that doesn't happen again, but how are you going to take it out on people who had nothing to do with it?

I'm Native American, but I don't go around constantly pissed at white people because when I go to the land where my ancestors lived it's a goddamned park with people dicking around everywhere and if I set up a little house I'd get arrested.
Why don't I get angry? BECAUSE THE PEOPLE LIVING TODAY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRIMES OF THE PEOPLE LIVING A HUNDRED YEARS AGO.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #28
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Auriel~~

Additionally, whites are a minority in the world. With both legal and illegal immigrants coming to the country everyday, as well as those of a race other than white that are already here, whites are slowly becoming a minority in the states, even though we don't necessarily see it/want to believe it yet.
If you're talking about the US, you're stupidly incorrect.

The US is 68% white, 15% Hispanic, 12% black, and 5% Asian.

The numbers are becoming more even, but white people aren't going to be some tiny minority any time soon.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #29
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
If you're talking about the US, you're stupidly incorrect.

The US is 68% white, 15% Hispanic, 12% black, and 5% Asian.

The numbers are becoming more even, but white people aren't going to be some tiny minority any time soon.
First of all, don't tell me I'm stupid. Name calling is not only incredibly immature, but you have NO RIGHT to talk to me like that.
Secondly, where are you getting your numbers from? How old are they? Do they include illegal immigrants?
Third, it may not happen tomorrow, or next year, the point was: it is happening.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #30
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
That's total bullshit, dude.

There are no slaves living today to be angry about slavery. There are no slave masters to be angry at.
I don't see a problem with black people being upset that slavery happened and wanting to make sure something like that doesn't happen again, but how are you going to take it out on people who had nothing to do with it?

I'm Native American, but I don't go around constantly pissed at white people because when I go to the land where my ancestors lived it's a goddamned park with people dicking around everywhere and if I set up a little house I'd get arrested.
Why don't I get angry? BECAUSE THE PEOPLE LIVING TODAY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRIMES OF THE PEOPLE LIVING A HUNDRED YEARS AGO.
Slavery was still going on the '40s (though illegally). And I think it's irrational for a race to pull all this shit and then just want forgiveness. Whether you like it or not, the whips are still cracking, just as Chernobyl's still toxic. The black and Native American communities still feel the degradation of the whites. I wasn't just saying that it's the echo of slavery that's there to get 'em pissed. It's also the fact that nobody gives enough of a damn to try to make up for it. In fact, blacks AND Native Americans still have it worse. And all this e-mail can do is BAAAAAAAAAW about how fucking hard it is to be white. The fact that the ****** had both free time and a computer speaks for itself.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #31
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
First of all, don't tell me I'm stupid. Name calling is not only incredibly immature, but you have NO RIGHT to talk to me like that.
Secondly, where are you getting your numbers from? How old are they? Do they include illegal immigrants?
Third, it may not happen tomorrow, or next year, the point was: it is happening.
Fuck you. Freedom of Speech FTW!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
If you say something stupid, I am going to call it stupid. Deal with it.

My numbers are from the American census, and are from 2008.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Slavery was still going on the '40s (though illegally). And I think it's irrational for a race to pull all this shit and then just want forgiveness. Whether you like it or not, the whips are still cracking, just as Chernobyl's still toxic. The black and Native American communities still feel the degradation of the whites. I wasn't just saying that it's the echo of slavery that's there to get 'em pissed. It's also the fact that nobody gives enough of a damn to try to make up for it. In fact, blacks AND Native Americans still have it worse. And all this e-mail can do is BAAAAAAAAAW about how fucking hard it is to be white. The fact that the ****** had both free time and a computer speaks for itself.
No, slavery is not going on in America.

The system is not set up to keep minorities down, because there are people of every race below the poverty level.
If a black guy in a ghetto wants to have a better life, he is 100% able to do that. Yes, it's going to be hard as fuck, but too bad.

I was born pretty poor, and my parents didn't save shit for me to go to college. No one fucking helped me get through high school, but I did it.

If you're born poor into a bad place, then that sucks, but life is unfair.
If you choose to not get a real job, and not go to school, then it's no one's fault but your own.

I was born into a shitty neighborhood filled with drug addicts. My two older sisters would walk home from school and bring home crack vials they had found.
I did well in school, so I was rewarded.

There's no fucking reason black people, Asian people, or Hispanic people can't do the same.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Also, why the fuck should people who didn't do anything wrong make it up to people who didn't have anything wrong done to them?

Why should I pay for a mistake I didn't make to a person who wasn't affected?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #35
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
No, slavery is not going on in America.

The system is not set up to keep minorities down, because there are people of every race below the poverty level.
If a black guy in a ghetto wants to have a better life, he is 100% able to do that. Yes, it's going to be hard as fuck, but too bad.

I was born pretty poor, and my parents didn't save shit for me to go to college. No one fucking helped me get through high school, but I did it.

If you're born poor into a bad place, then that sucks, but life is unfair.
If you choose to not get a real job, and not go to school, then it's no one's fault but your own.
It's certainly worse for blacks than for whites. Sure. He CAN get up there. But he has to try harder than whitey to do it. And you got what I meant by the "whips still crack" or something bit, right?
Imagine getting gang ***** for some 100 or more years, waiting to be released every minute. Then, when you're released, you realise that you've gotten AIDs. In other words, you're finally free, but you're still screwed.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #36
JCC

'Slavery was still going on in the '40s, illegally'

Yeah, because that's the fault of the white race as a whole.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #37
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
It's certainly worse for blacks than for whites. Sure. He CAN get up there. But he has to try harder than whitey to do it. And you got what I meant by the "whips still crack" or something bit, right?
Imagine getting gang ***** for some 100 or more years, waiting to be released every minute. Then, when you're released, you realise that you've gotten AIDs. In other words, you're finally free, but you're still screwed.
Oh yeah, I forgot that stupid programs like Affirmative Action don't exist.
OH wait, yes they fucking do.

And who cares if it's harder? At what point does it stop being the fault of white people as a whole and start being the fault of bad decisions made my individual black people?

I was born into a bad neighborhood because my parents made bad decisions.
It's the same fucking thing with black people in ghettos.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #38
JCC

Quote:
I was born into a bad neighborhood because my parents made bad decisions.
It's the same fucking thing with black people in ghettos.
Not true...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #39
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Also, why the fuck should people who didn't do anything wrong make it up to people who didn't have anything wrong done to them?

Why should I pay for a mistake I didn't make to a person who wasn't affected?
You didn't get a fucking word, did you? Black people are STILL affected by the aftermath of slavery. Why should BLACK people have to tolerate the bullshit? Until it's truly equal, I won't fucking blame a ****** for calling a cracker a honky.
Onto Rant Phase 2:
There are racial communities. While it may not be convenient for the white community to give up their power over blacky, it would be honourable. I think "I wasn't around back then" is a lazy excuse. It's not just "back then", it's right fucking now.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #40
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
'Slavery was still going on in the '40s, illegally'

Yeah, because that's the fault of the white race as a whole.
And neither are stereotypes or lynchings. It doesn't matter if its their fault as a whole, its their responsibilty as whites and as human beings to get things equal.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #41
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Not true...
How isn't it true?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #42
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
And neither are stereotypes or lynchings. It doesn't matter if its their fault as a whole, its their responsibilty as whites and as human beings to get things equal.
Why isn't it the responsibility of women? Or black people? Or children?
Why white people?

Also, I'd like to know what portion of your paycheck goes to supporting black organizations. I'm not kidding.
I want to know what you're doing if you feel so passionately about this.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #43
JCC

Quote:
Yeah? Then you stand up to crime syndicates. You stand up to corporations. You stand up to Shell, Tesco, Coca-Cola, YOU get involved you hypocritical shit. I am not going to hear you justify racism against whites on the basis that some people in a different fucking country to me have the same skin colour, moron.

Quote:
How isn't it true?
The vaguest knowledge of ghettoes shows that they are not a place where you wind up when you make bad choices. They're places you wind up when you're put there or there's nowhere else to go.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #44
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Why isn't it the responsibility of women? Or black people? Or children?
Why white people?

Also, I'd like to know what portion of your paycheck goes to supporting black organizations. I'm not kidding.
I want to know what you're doing if you feel so passionately about this.
A) Because white people did it. Why should black people pay as a race for another race's crimes? It's like having Jews pay Nazis for misplacement, only less direct. "Here. We screwed you over. Now fuck off so we can whine about how bad we whites have it on the internet while you sell drugs in the projects."

B) Very little. Though I'm pretty sure that's not very relevant to whatever I'm on about.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #45
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yeah? Then you stand up to crime syndicates. You stand up to corporations. You stand up to Shell, Tesco, Coca-Cola, YOU get involved you hypocritical shit. I am not going to hear you justify racism against whites on the basis that some people in a different fucking country to me have the same skin colour, moron.
Take the front, you mean? If I had the cash I'd do it. Right now I just donate, march and all that crap.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #46
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
A) Because white people did it. Why should black people pay as a race for another race's crimes? It's like having Jews pay Nazis for misplacement, only less direct. "Here. We screwed you over. Now fuck off so we can whine about how bad we whites have it on the internet while you sell drugs in the projects."
Yes, white people did do it.
But I didn't, so I'm not paying for it.

Imagine this: I get r@ped, so my daughter forces the r@pist's son to pay her back for it, and acts as if she were the one r@ped.
Doesn't work that way.
Quote:
B) Very little. Though I'm pretty sure that's not very relevant to whatever I'm on about.
Are you black or are you white?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

The vaguest knowledge of ghettoes shows that they are not a place where you wind up when you make bad choices. They're places you wind up when you're put there or there's nowhere else to go.
What about kids who are born there, and CHOOSE to drop out of school and start selling drugs?

Fuck that.

Yes, it's a shame that at some point black people were forced to live in ghettos. It's not a shame anymore if they don't get themselves out.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #48
JCC

Quote:
A) Because white people did it.
Malcolm X didn't like white people.

Therefore, black people should constantly be berated for their white-hating extremism. Right?

Quote:
What about kids who are born there, and CHOOSE to drop out of school and start selling drugs?

Fuck that.

Yes, it's a shame that at some point black people were forced to live in ghettos. It's not a shame anymore if they don't get themselves out.
How do you propose you get out of the ghetto? Most of the people I can think of who got out of the ghetto sold drugs.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #49
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Yes, white people did do it.
But I didn't, so I'm not paying for it.
Didn't you say you were Native American? Or are you like 15% or some such? Fuck, I'm probably 15% Native American. It's not that notable.
Go ahead and don't pay for it. It's your money.

Quote:
Imagine this: I get r@ped, so my daughter forces the r@pist's son to pay her back for it, and acts as if she were the one r@ped.
Doesn't work that way.

Are you black or are you white?
Did your whole family get r@ped for some hundred years? And did they spend the next 100 being lynched, abused, stereotyped and put down and generally hated? And did the rapists and their family get away with it? Did their children look away and say "Not my problem!"?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Didn't you say you were Native American? Or are you like 15% or some such? Fuck, I'm probably 15% Native American. It's not that notable.
Go ahead and don't pay for it. It's your money.
My mother is Native American, my dad isn't.
And no, I'm not.

Quote:
Did your whole family get r@ped for some hundred years? And did they spend the next 100 being lynched, abused, stereotyped and put down and generally hated? And did the rapists and their family get away with it? Did their children look away and say "Not my problem!"?
Um, yeah pretty much.
Except on top of all that, we also lost an entire country and were given diseases to kill us off faster.
Should you pay for that?