Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Leaena

Oi.

Yeah, title sucks. I know.

'ello everyone, I'm an older member who hasn't posted in what seems like decades. Most of you wouldn't remember me anyway, so I won't bother scratching my head trying to recall what name I was using back then.

But, plain and simple, I've missed you old snarky ********.

(Am I allowed to say that?)

Anyway, onto the intro...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Study, program, write, play.

2. Where are you from?

Southwestern US.

3. Who is your favorite author?

William Gibson has my heart, at the moment. Finishing my umpteen re-read of The Difference Engine right now. It's hard to go wrong with airships and clockwork computers, don't you think?

4. What are your favorite films?

Hanna, Metropolis, The Hunger, etc.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

BYOP - Adventurers (Partner must come equipped with own sword and armor, and be willing to endure my geekiness and occasional rolling of D20s)

Sisters of Mercy - Lucretia, My Reflection

Kraftwerk - Computerliebe

6. At your funeral?

A playlist consisting of SoM, Bauhaus, Christian Death, Kraftwerk, John the Baptist (Signing Off in particular), AC/DC, Infected Mushroom, Assemblage 23, Clock DVA, M.D.C, Subhumans, Bikini Kill, Be Your Own Pet, The Runaways..

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Peacefully, having defended the world from the onslaught of zombies. Or dragons. Or zombie dragons.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Eh, I'd prefer a funeral pyre.. =/

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Black leather jacket, black jeans, Bauhaus T-shirt.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Being able to read for eight hours straight and not be bothered.

11. What's your favourite band?

Sisters of Mercy

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Dropped out of High School, been pursuing independent studies ever since. If I do decide to go to college, my major will probably be some subset of Computer Science with a double major in English.

13. Why did you join?

Because I felt like it, obviously.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female

Usually I'd give a bit more detail about myself, but I signed up again on a whim and don't have the energy atm, nor do I want to impose my odd sleep-deprived sense of humour on you guys. So, bear with me.

On a final note - I tend to be rather perky, and my perkiness IS contagious. For once you journey down the dark path... *Cough*
Leaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Leaena

OK, so I didn't give very much detail (my apologies, I hate blunt intros), and having fulfilled my needs for nicotine and caffeine, here's a little bit more about myself (I forgot you can't edit on here ):

Not sure where to start, but I'm 21 years old and live in the Southwestern US. Been listening to post-punk for as long as I can remember, and that's how I originally found this site 'bout 5-6 years ago. I lurked for a while and posted here and there, but never really stuck around for any extended period of time.

Currently I work in a data-entry esque job, which sucks, but it pays the bills and I basically set my own hours, so I can't complain. I spend most of my time reading, writing , listening to/playing music (and am gradually teaching myself to play guitar again) and a good portion of it writing/editing code.

I'm pretty introverted and have a tendency to absorb myself in whatever project I'm working on at the time. I have this strange fascination with how things work, and love anything related to engineering of any sort.

I love the outdoors and I'm actually more comfortable out in the middle of some desert than I am in the city most times. Might sound weird, but there's something amazing about being the only person within 100 miles in any direction.

Anyway, not sure what to say other than that. I've always hated the questionnaire format, so hopefully this supplements it alright. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It feels good to be back.

I see some of the older folks are still around, 'tis nice to see some familiar faces (even if I did/do lurk more than I post). Hopefully the troll population has died down a bit since I was last here..
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Solumina

Welcome back. Yes, there are a few of us who have been around here for ages and there are also a few people who have come back under new names, just like you, so there should be some familiar faces. Fair warning there are a few trolls here who post quite regularly but they tend to either be entertaining or easily ignored so I hope you aren't bothered by them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Leaena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Welcome back. Yes, there are a few of us who have been around here for ages and there are also a few people who have come back under new names, just like you, so there should be some familiar faces. Fair warning there are a few trolls here who post quite regularly but they tend to either be entertaining or easily ignored so I hope you aren't bothered by them.
I'm not bothered by trolls in themselves, but I am bothered but major influxes of them.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. Place doesn't seem as lively as it used to be, but oh well.