Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
Godslayer Jillian

Just for further reference:
Tell me what you mean with REAL GOTHS

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
Jaye Jang

I have the solution. Our HT is run by a religious fanatic who refuses to allow any of her employees to wear 'goth' and sneers at all the customers. (Interestingly, it's a better marketing strategy. The mall goths avoid it like the plague, the true goths go there to hassle the manager, and they have the coolest stuff around just because the customers refuse to let this twit sell the usual junk).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #28
MollyMac

Apparently, real goths don't shop at hot topic, save for when they do, and we shall know them by their righteousness, but for moments of ironic consumerism.

bastards, now i will never get it.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #29
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly_Goth
Some Hot Topic's make kids seem like Mall Goth's but the one for me at home doesn't they can spot a poser from a mile away and they make them feel unwelcome and they leave and they treat the REAL GOTHS with the upmost respect so NOT ALL HOT TOPICS SUCK!!!!
:P
Agreed on that. The folks at our HT try to make everyone feel welcome, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've seen every type of person in ours, from the rapper wanna-be's to soccer moms to 'posers'.

HT isn't [strictly] Goth. It just IS. The sooner folks accept that, the less indignation there will be about it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #30
a morbid curiosity

No Hot Topic here. No problem.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Agreed on that. The folks at our HT try to make everyone feel welcome, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've seen every type of person in ours, from the rapper wanna-be's to soccer moms to 'posers'.

HT isn't [strictly] Goth. It just IS. The sooner folks accept that, the less indignation there will be about it.
If you're saying Hot Topic is goth you're wrong.

Goth is based on goth rock.
NOTHING in Hot Topic has anything to do with goth rock.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #32
Tam Li Hua

Oh, I've seen quite a few Goth things in there, but at the same time, they aren't -strictly- Goth. I would call them a 'darkly alternative' store. It's kind of like Spencer's, only without all the sex merchandise.

As for Goth Rock, I've seen a few CD's and T-shirts having to do with Goth Rock in HT, but I've also bought a WoW T-shirt and a Metallica CD there, and neither of those are Goth at all. XD

[BTW, I think you need to read my posts more carefully. I wasn't saying they were Goth in the first place, but rather that they have some Gothy-like things.]
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

If you weren't saying that HT is goth when you said "It just IS." then what were you saying?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #34
Jonathan

I have not seen 'goth styles' showcased in a Hot Topic since... 2002? It has easily been at least _six years_. Maybe I'm just old and don't get it anymore.

The last time I walked into a Hot Topic, I found plenty of band shirts, clothing for the last Batman and Transformers movies, and some plaid skirts. Oh, and a few different styles of converse sneakers. Cool, great, but nothing that particularly favors a particular style. It is kind of its own thing.

The more intelligent employees there know what the story is - trends change over time, and Hot Topic caters to whatever kids with disposable income are buying. It is what it is.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #35
NightmareInShiningArmour

Thank god for Australia.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #36
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
If you weren't saying that HT is goth when you said "It just IS." then what were you saying?
I interpreted it as "It's not strictly goth, it's just what it is, and the sooner people get that, the better".
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #37
drewsilla

I say leave your friend alone, you will get his ass fired for telling him not to dress in what is most likely the company's "uniform". It would be like a nurse not dressing in scrubs or a cashier at McDonald's coming to work in pj's. They have rules and if you want to work there you abide by them. As for the mall goths, they will do what they want, Hot Topic or not.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #38
Catch

I think it is wonderful that there is a place anywhere that the dress code is to look Goth. Every business has dress codes and if someone Goth was working at a kiosk and dressed Goth they would probably get canned.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #39
Nexus-6

In all honesty if HT were to open a branch in my area I would be the first person to hand in a resume ....getting paid to wear raccoon eyes & a Marilyn Manson/Misfits/whatever top to work whilst selling cheesy "alternative" gear to mallgoths and elmos (nickname for emo in my area) sounds 10 times more fun than any job in my town
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #40
TheBloodEternity

Honestly, I would work there just for lenient dress code.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #41
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedblueeyes
treating people with respect in a store has nothing to do with real goth.
hottopic is bullshit its true because they think if they work there they are officially cool or goth or scene or whatever and i swear all of them are poseurs. hottopic sells stuff to the people but the jerks who work there are losers fer sure no lie.
Because I'm sure in the job interview they question how goth you are. A job is a job, and some people might not particularly care that they are not goth enough to work there, they just want a job. They are hired, and I assume like most clothes stores they would like you to look like you shop there too.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #42
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
hottopic is bullshit its true because they think if they work there they are officially cool or goth or scene or whatever and i swear all of them are poseurs. hottopic sells stuff to the people but the jerks who work there are losers fer sure no lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Because I'm sure in the job interview they question how goth you are. A job is a job, and some people might not particularly care that they are not goth enough to work there, they just want a job. They are hired, and I assume like most clothes stores they would like you to look like you shop there too.
WHY WON'T ABERCROMBIE HIRE ME??? I shouldn't be discriminated against because of my fishnets...

Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #43
Saya

XD Well don't go to a job interview in fishnets. I got offered a job at Le Chateau but they wanted me to wear clothes from that store, and I can't afford to shop there thats an expensive store.

Quote:
i mean the real scenes know not to work at hottopic.
Look, people need to work, and it doesn't seem like a bad place to work. You get to dress like you want, otherwise its just like any other retail store. What part of that is so hard to understand?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #44
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
i mean the real scenes know not to work at hottopic.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #45
Splintered

Quote:
1. Hot Topic is a store. Hottopic is gibberish.
2. I know people who happen to work at Hot Topic. They're actually fine people. It's a day job. It's something that pays, you know, the bills. The things we have to pay every month to keep ourselves warm and fed? Ring a bell? Just because they work there, doesn't mean they like any scene at all. All it means is they need cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauismyhorse
My friend works there and they told him he had to 'look goth'... They're encouraging the mallgoths, thus giving us a bad reputation. I know everyone has already figured this out, but to tell their employee that they're required to 'look goth' is just utter bullshit!
Would you rather your friend wear Yellow, White, and Red, and ask "Would you like fries with that?". It's a job at an outlet at a mall, and you're there to represent the company. Complaining about them encouraging mallgoths is like complaining about Wendy's encouraging people to eat.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #46
Duane

Hell, if it means I could eat, have heat in winter, and listen to some music at home, I'd work as Carmen Electra's massage therapist. Well, I'd still work that job even if it didn't pay anything... but that's not the point.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:55 PM   #47
Splintered

Did you just call me "homi"? Are you fucking kidding me? You can't even spell slang right? What the fuck is "bbbbz"?
Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #48
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
oh ok homi u think that bbbbz
From true scene to wangsta in .05 seconds!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #49
Duane

Yo, leave the homey alone! 'Less you wanna taste da' blue steel.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
WHY WON'T ABERCROMBIE HIRE ME??? I shouldn't be discriminated against because of my fishnets...
I know (well, hope) you're kidding, but a lot of people have this attitude, and it's fucking bullshit.
I hate it.