Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #26
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I take birth control and my boobs have neither shrunk nor grown.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #27
MollyMac

Well, here's the deal- many birth control hormones work in a way that fakes your body into thinking that it is pregnant, and your body *may* exhibit symptoms of pregnancy accordingly:

weight gain
nausea
tightness in the abdomen
increased appetite
increase in breast size (weight gain and, in some cases, milk production)
lactation (always a party pleaser)
headaches

and the fun goes on and on. I don't know what pill/hormone you are on, so these may not even be a factor. But if "weight gain" is listed as a side effect, then ta-ta increasage may occur if the gain is distrinuted equally (rare) and not just the brown fat of women's lower torso (which is oft swollen in pregnancy)
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #28
Graveyard.Crow

I sure as hell haven't started milking yet XD
I'm on a low hormone dose (linessa 28) and it's been almost a month and other than bloatendess for the first week I haven't noticed any bad side effects. So maybe I'm safe.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:42 PM   #29
AngelikDemonik

It really depends on the person, the type of BC, and the dosage. You're putting hormones into your body that make your body think you're pregnant. It can also contribute to weight gain, outside from the boob area.

It really does depend on the person. It affects everyone differently.

As an example, when I was on birth control, I had no desire to ever eat and I ended up losing some weight. I've known girls on the same type that gained weight.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #30
Graveyard.Crow

Well yes, but that's not what I was asking. I'm lucky, the stuff I'm on seems to fit me, so thanks to the nurse that picked it out for me. Maybe a month is too soon to tell but so far I seem to be the same.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Well yes, but that's not what I was asking. I'm lucky, the stuff I'm on seems to fit me, so thanks to the nurse that picked it out for me. Maybe a month is too soon to tell but so far I seem to be the same.
Keep in mind, just because a doctor or nurse picked it for you doesn't mean it's right for you.

When a woman first goes on birth control, it's like throwing a dart into a bottle of pills. They only know a small amount about your body, and without many very expensive (and at that stage, pointless) they can't really pick a pill that's a 100% match.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #32
viscus

You're not taking the pill just because you think it'll give you a bigger rack, are you?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #33
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
You're not taking the pill just because you think it'll give you a bigger rack, are you?
That's part of the reason yeah, and there is you know the whole not getting KNOCKED UP part.
I don't need people to talk me out of it btw, I can make my own decisions.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #34
Mir

Yeah, that much is obvious.

I'm just curious but condoms roughly equate to the pill in terms of preventing unwanted pregnancies so why go on the pill when it clearly fucks with your system as much as it does?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #35
MollyMac

because latex condoms are less effective (80-95% as opposed to the pill at 99%) and latex and spermicides are more prone to cause an allergic reaction.

The pill puts the control over the conception prevention into the hands of the party most likely to be knocked up. It's worth some of the side effects.

I wonder, not to be sexist, but would men take a pill if it would render them effectively sterile for the duration of the pill- knowing it has side effects from none to severe.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #36
viscus

Quote:
That's part of the reason yeah, and there is you know the whole not getting KNOCKED UP part.
Okay, just making sure. You don't need to get so defensive.

I'll just assume you're also taking measures to prevent contracting venereal disease.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #37
badteccy

Quote:
Is getting a bigger rack REALLY part of the reason?
Also, calm down.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #38
Mir

I would prefer a vasectomy.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #39
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
because latex condoms are less effective (80-95% as opposed to the pill at 99%) and latex and spermicides are more prone to cause an allergic reaction.

The pill puts the control over the conception prevention into the hands of the party most likely to be knocked up. It's worth some of the side effects.

I wonder, not to be sexist, but would men take a pill if it would render them effectively sterile for the duration of the pill- knowing it has side effects from none to severe.
Yes. I would definitely. In fact, I would think it very desirable, if not neurotic, for both parties to take a pill. That way the chances of pregnancy should be incredibly small.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #40
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Yes. I would definitely. In fact, I would think it very desirable, if not neurotic, for both parties to take a pill. That way the chances of pregnancy should be incredibly small.
Wow. You are awesome.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #41
Cicero

The only effect I've ever felt from the pill is not getting pregnant. I like that effect.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #42
viscus

I as well would definitely take a pill for men, in the context of a long and trusting relationship.

-William S. Burroughs

Old 07-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #43
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I would have no problem taking a pill for men. I am about *this* close to going chop chop as it is. I have no desire to procreate, and anything to help with this matter is just hunky spunky with me.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #44
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
Wow. You are awesome.
Why thank you. For one thing, since both parties are involved in the decision to have sex (I would hope), and since both parties are getting pleasure from the sex (ideally), and since, in case of pregnancy, both parties would be affected (if the guy isn't a douche bag), then it seems fair that both parties should take equal responsibility in preventing pregnancy when not desired.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #45
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Why thank you. For one thing, since both parties are involved in the decision to have sex (I would hope), and since both parties are getting pleasure from the sex (ideally), and since, in case of pregnancy, both parties would be affected (if the guy isn't a douche bag), then it seems fair that both parties should take equal responsibility in preventing pregnancy when not desired.
Let's not forget a good deal of trust and maybe some HIV test results.

-William S. Burroughs

Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #46
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Let's not forget a good deal of trust and maybe some HIV test results.
Among other diseases yes.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #47
Mir

I do have a problem with going on the pill. I wouldn't want my partner to be on the pill either. As far as I am concerned, a vasectomy is the best available option. Couple that with condoms if you are really paranoid and voila!

The pill is 99% effective, but only if you are like clockwork when it comes to taking the damn pills.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #48
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
I do have a problem with going on the pill. I wouldn't want my partner to be on the pill either. As far as I am concerned, a vasectomy is the best available option. Couple that with condoms if you are really paranoid and voila!

The pill is 99% effective, but only if you are like clockwork when it comes to taking the damn pills.
Same here. The sheer variety of symptoms suggests to me that it messes with your hormones too much for me to feel comfortable taking it.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir

If you're responsible, you are like clockwork.

I take mine every day at 8:30 without a mistake. If for some insane reason I screw up (which has happened once because the pharmacy choked on me) I abstain for a week or longer, to get my body back into the swing of things.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
PS--No one is going to talk you out of it, because no one wants you reproducing.