Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #3426
Moros-doom@hotmail.com

If anyone is willing to pay that much just to play video games then they deserve to be hustled make you some money!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM   #3427
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
You bought the X-Box because...?
I bought it to sell it. I don't really play video games.

But, when I got it home my curiosity got the best of me. I kind of want to keep it to see what all the hype is about.

Thank god that I haven't opened it yet.

--Geisha
Old 11-22-2005, 10:31 PM   #3428
rockandrose

Well, if you not much of a game type of person then the X-Box is practically useless for you.

Considering the price you paid for your X-Box, its worth selling over ebay.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #3429
tenet_2012

Yeah...

I going to put it on e-bay now before I change my mind.

Whew... that was close.

--Geisha
Old 11-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #3430
rockandrose

Good.

Let us know when the X-Box gets sold.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #3431
NyQuil of Doom

Well, I had disturbing dreams, but Celine Dion wasn't in them. I also forgot them once I woke up, which is probably a good thing, since when I have disturbing dreams they usually involve serial killers or something.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #3432
Soul_Immortal

I DROVE ALL NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

TO GET, TO YOU....

THAT is random =)
Old 11-23-2005, 09:56 AM   #3433
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Tidbit of trivia:

Placement of the steering wheel was determined by the type of buggy/carriage/wagon most frequently used, which was partially based on the riding style (western vs. english) of the country. If anyone cares for more details, I can elaborate.
I am truly a fountain of useless knowlegde... especially anything related to horses.
Funny, 'cause so am I. I read that the english drive on the left side because of medieval times.

Most riders whielding swords are right-handed, therefore, you want other riders to pass you by to your right, so if need be, you can defend yourself with the sword, whereas if they approach from your left-hand side, you're vulnerable.

which leads me to another useless bit of trivia regarding the hand that holds the sword:

The castle tower - tower stairs usually spiral upwards clockwise, so that defending warriors can retreat and still fight with their right hands, while hiding their bodies behing the spiraling staircase, thus leaving only the right arm exposed to invading forces...

Howzat for useless?

And of course I'm a person in turmoil. didn't you read on the essay that Secretboy posted that people in a group tend to gravitate towards the most paranoid member?

That would undoubtedly be me (do not ask me about my love life)...
Old 11-23-2005, 09:58 AM   #3434
AlKilyu

Good idea selling the Xbox360. I bought an Xbox back when they were first out for $299 with one controller and no game. Had I waited a few months, I would have gotten more for my money. Let the nuts who want one ASAP pay the crazy prices they are going for on ebay. Besides, there are like ten games for it currently (I WOULD love to play Dead or Alive 4) and from what I am hearing not all the games for the first system are playable on the new one.

That being said, if I won one in a contest, hell yeah I'd keep it! ^_^

Oh and I know this isn't the right section, but fuck it, I love Star Wars Battlefront and the sequel I just bought because I play it with my nephew and I love how it bonds us together further (which was why I bought it). He always goes after the guy that shot his uncle, and sometimes we get in the same vehicle and kick ass. That is priceless to me.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:00 AM   #3435
MrMaelstrom

Xbox = 18 games
PS = hundreds, I believe

is there a contest?

I really am asking, as I use no game consoles....
Old 11-23-2005, 10:18 AM   #3436
Soul_Immortal

I plan on getting the XBox360 AFTER the holidays...probably this summer. Hopefully more games will be out by then and the price will be lower.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-3...QQcmdZViewItem

...Or I could just go on eBay?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 AM   #3437
Tall One In Black

Quite right you are, Mael: the British custom of driving on the left stems from safety practices during the days of lawless travel. It was reinforced when carriage travel became common in cities. The driver held the whip in his right hand, so driving to the left allowed him to pop the whip without hitting passers-by on the sidewalk.

Americans used teams of horses to pull heavy loads. Because the cart/vehicle being pulled often had no seat, the driver would sit on the left rear horse to drive the team. Why the left horse? Riders mount horses from the left (a practice stemming from sword-wearing days), so riding the right-side horse would make no sense. Because the driver was on the left horse, he would pass other vehicles on the right so he could keep a close eye on the wheels to make sure the two vehicles did not collide.

There's also the fact that Americans are very contrary and would have liked doing things opposite from the British... so driving on the right in cities may have been at least partially a deliberate choice.

France drives on the right for similar reasons as America.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #3438
secretboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Quite right you are, Mael: the British custom of driving on the left stems from safety practices during the days of lawless travel. It was reinforced when carriage travel became common in cities. The driver held the whip in his right hand, so driving to the left allowed him to pop the whip without hitting passers-by on the sidewalk.

Americans used teams of horses to pull heavy loads. Because the cart/vehicle being pulled often had no seat, the driver would sit on the left rear horse to drive the team. Why the left horse? Riders mount horses from the left (a practice stemming from sword-wearing days), so riding the right-side horse would make no sense. Because the driver was on the left horse, he would pass other vehicles on the right so he could keep a close eye on the wheels to make sure the two vehicles did not collide.

There's also the fact that Americans are very contrary and would have liked doing things opposite from the British... so driving on the right in cities may have been at least partially a deliberate choice.

France drives on the right for similar reasons as America.
Wow, how cool. Learn something new every day.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #3439
Manimal

very cool Tall One - I learned me sumfin :P

I'm sick again. Missing work again. Throwing up again. Body is angry at me again. Bah... I feel like the wicked witch of the west after Dorothy spooged on her.

The boy had the same thing and he bounced back after a couple days so there may be hope
Old 11-23-2005, 04:56 PM   #3440
punkirony

Ding dong the witch is dead! Which oh witch? The WICKED witch! Ding dong the wicked with is dead! Wake up you sleepy heads. Rub your eyes, get out of bed. Ding dong the wicked witch is deaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!

(Yeah....I love that movie)
Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #3441
mortalitas incomitatus

that movie is sooo good when drunk, it makes me giggle.

good morning punk, you sound very perky, what ime is it there?
*waves.

*another eliter*
Old 11-23-2005, 05:13 PM   #3442
NyQuil of Doom

Tall One, you always have the most interesting bits of trivia.

Can I use you as a lifeline if I ever go on Millionaire?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:15 PM   #3443
Binkie

S'good to know that you can download $1,200 worth of professional programs in a matter of 48 hours for free.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #3444
NyQuil of Doom

Some people at my old job used to call me "Abby" after the character on Navy NCIS, because at the time my hair was longer and I wore it in ponytails all the time.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #3445
AlKilyu

She was a sqauw a loooooong time ago, like back in the 1950's.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:32 AM   #3446
winged_dreams

"But I don't want to be a pirate!" We got promotional pins that have Seinfeld wearing the pirate shirt and saying that. I stuck one on my bookbag. I need more fun things to stick on there. I have a random slayer patch that I took from my fiance and a silver sticker that says Couch Potatos and has our address on it. We usually stick them on our VHS but I just had to have one on my bookbag.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 11-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #3447
edible_eye

a moving puzzle to pass some time...

http://www.brl.ntt.co.jp/people/hara/fly.swf
Old 11-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #3448
punkirony

e_e, that puzzle is ridiculous.

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone.

Oh heya....the titles are back. When did this happen? Ya know..the whole "Elder Goth, Goth as Fuck" thing....coolness.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:51 PM   #3449
rockandrose

That puzzle was strangely fun!
Old 11-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #3450
Manimal

I find myself turning down the volume so as to not disturb her napping, only to remember that she's not here anymore.

Old habits die hard...
Closed Thread