Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #12126
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Oh I see how it is, Jillian. I see how it is. Nah you're cool. Hahahaha.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #12127
Haunted House

Heres another one. Very Lucas Lanthier inspiered:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...biefied/DE.jpg
Old 12-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #12128
Paper_Wings

Yay! Me likes haunted!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #12129
Paper_Wings

Quote:
God you're beautiful! *bites shoulder* < There. I marked you as mine now!

MWAHAHAHAHA!....yesh....
Old 12-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #12130
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I'm just going to go and excerice my right as an american to mastrubate to attractive people I see on the internet...
Old 12-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #12131
Paper_Wings

O.o.........
Old 12-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #12132
Miss_Hazie_Lane

...this is why I gave up my dream of becoming a stand up comic... I have possibley the most opaque arcane sense of humor on the planet...
Old 12-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #12133
Haunted House

I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #12134
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Hazie_Lane
...this is why I gave up my dream of becoming a stand up comic... I have possibley the most opaque arcane sense of humor on the planet...
Translucent pseudointellectualism with a tinge of angst, and pretention? That's not opaque, just bothersome.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #12135
Paper_Wings

forgive me for my ignorence, but I'm curious...what does pseudointellectualism mean?
Old 12-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #12136
Miss_Hazie_Lane

You really ought to learn a synonym for Pseudointellectual I swear to god if I see it typed once more. What about semi-cerebral, or mock-cultural.
Anyway, I think you're misusing the term citation from Wiki:
Blind criticism of popular consumer products and mass market products cannot be considered pseudointellectualism, as most popular products do not profess to appeal to the intellectual. Yet blanket calumnies against popular culture genres generally perceived as intellectually complex, in favor of some older genre solely for its historical age exemplify the actions of a pseudointellectual. Someone who comments on, or is knowledgeable of, disciplines outside his or her own field of study is not a pseudointellectual, as long as he or she is intellectually honest and does not misrepresent his or her own background and understanding of the subject.
(end of citation)
I find it interesting how you use the term constantly, and yet it could be easily applied to you, oh yes you're a college student, how very completely intellectual, you think you appreciate the finer points of culture when you merely appreciate what is obvious, you can’t be cultured if you’ve read only the so called “greats” reading them suggests you know nothing about anything, because in the end you’re only reading the most obvious books “one must” read. You're a bloody college student, not Voltaire, so stop deluding yourself, you pretentious idiot.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #12137
cradle

An intellectual is a person who uses his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate on, or ask and answer questions with regard to a variety of different ideas.
A psuedointellectual uses false intellect...
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not really 100% on it.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #12138
Miss_Hazie_Lane

A psuefointellectual is one who pretends to be interested in "high" culture to seem intellegent, or interesting, without knowledge/true interest in the subject
Old 12-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #12139
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Yes, the hair is boinkable, but I want those lips! (The things I could dooo to his delicate little form...)
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 12-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #12140
om3gag0th666

Quote:
You really ought to learn a synonym for Pseudointellectual I swear to god if I see it typed once more. What about semi-cerebral, or mock-cultural.
Anyway, I think you're misusing the term citation from Wiki:
Blind criticism of popular consumer products and mass market products cannot be considered pseudointellectualism, as most popular products do not profess to appeal to the intellectual. Yet blanket calumnies against popular culture genres generally perceived as intellectually complex, in favor of some older genre solely for its historical age exemplify the actions of a pseudointellectual. Someone who comments on, or is knowledgeable of, disciplines outside his or her own field of study is not a pseudointellectual, as long as he or she is intellectually honest and does not misrepresent his or her own background and understanding of the subject.
(end of citation)
I find it interesting how you use the term constantly, and yet it could be easily applied to you, oh yes you're a college student, how very completely intellectual, you think you appreciate the finer points of culture when you merely appreciate what is obvious, you can’t be cultured if you’ve read only the so called “greats” reading them suggests you know nothing about anything, because in the end you’re only reading the most obvious books “one must” read. You're a bloody college student, not Voltaire, so stop deluding yourself, you pretentious idiot.

When did I ever claim to be intelligent? I have always asserted I am very, VERY stupid. You on the other hand should study a little Occam's Razor. You make too many assumptions. You lie too much. You fake too much. You're full of shit, and I know it. You are full of shit, and you know it.

I don't think I need to type out a novel to explain a simple point. Being terse is important if you can WRITE.

Furthermore, I don't claim to be cultured do I? I claim to be logical, cold, demeaning, dehumanizing, etc. I don't care for 'culture' it's often drunk with philosophy and in bed with optimism. I don't give a shit, I will like Paganini, I will read by any author I choose. It doesn't make me more cultured, it merely allows me the ability to tell you I have read it. Wow. How fucking impressive am I?

I am going to tell you this once and only once: pseudointellectual fits you so perfectly that I refuse to find a synonym for it. Unless of course you'd rather me just call you intellectually insipid?

--

Also, aren't you a drop out? Don't stress your verbiage; I'm certainly not. You shouldn't need to stress your brain to get across a simple point.

Your knee-jerk defense mechanism kind of sets you in the role I have designated for you: psuedointellectual.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #12141
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradle
An intellectual is a person who uses his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate on, or ask and answer questions with regard to a variety of different ideas.
A psuedointellectual uses false intellect...
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not really 100% on it.
When pseudo is used as a prefix it means quite but not so, not FALSE. Pseudoscience uses some science but in the end fails as a true science.

Same as a pseudointellectual uses some intellect, but in the end it fails as intellectualism.

Hazie is a classical example of this. She feels this insatiable urge to splurge her trite idealisms, fears, and troubles upon us in the most grandiose fashion so that someone might be 'awed.'

I am not awed, I am repulsed. Her pretention is ill-guised, and no one gives a shit.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #12142
honeythorn

Haunted!! I hereby forbid you to display those collarbones ever again!!!! They give me lecherous and unseemly thoughts that should not be directed at someone who

A- Belongs to someone someone else,

and

B- Is a fair bit younger than me.

* shakes admonishing finger*
Old 12-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #12143
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
When pseudo is used as a prefix it means quite but not so, not FALSE. Pseudoscience uses some science but in the end fails as a true science.

Same as a pseudointellectual uses some intellect, but in the end it fails as intellectualism.

Hazie is a classical example of this. She feels this insatiable urge to splurge her trite idealisms, fears, and troubles upon us in the most grandiose fashion so that someone might be 'awed.'

I am not awed, I am repulsed. Her pretention is ill-guised, and no one gives a shit.
Honestly, I don't expect anyone to be awed. I post my trite troubles, ideals, and fears in the whining bored where they belong, because occasionally I need to whine (the same way you do constantly), pity we don't have a pedantic bitching bored for you, and as for your repulsion that's not what you said last night.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #12144
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Honestly, I don't expect anyone to be awed. I post my trite troubles, ideals, and fears in the whining bored where they belong, because occasionally I need to whine (the same way you do constantly), pity we don't have a pedantic bitching bored for you, and as for your repulsion that's not what you said last night.
Now we are resorting to sexual inneundos? I am not amused, and if you knew what trite meant you'd know I was insulting you deeply. The only thing I see here, is a liar, and a dumb bitch who doesn't know how the fuck to use her timer feature on her camera.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #12145
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I know what trite means, trite means dull, jejune, done, boring, and to a degree my troubles, ideals, and fears are trite, because they're human, and humans are all, to one degree or another, the same. However, all I see in your case is an overly aggressive, insecure, pompous, dumb ass, who has in the past tried to proposition me, and misinterprets Robert Frost.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #12146
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hazie,

I can tell from your posts that omega-twerp must be calling for negative attention again.

If I may suggest, just put him in your ignore list (he is the only one in mine).

Nothing would disturb his overcompensated inferiority complex more than being ignored. Then we may all carry on gleefully without him, and his wasted posts would not be read by anyone; they would fail to cause the personal insult he tries to achieve.

Cheers

Old 12-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #12147
Miss_Hazie_Lane

true, but he gives me a chance to use the word jejune, which is one of my favorite pretensious whore words, just rolls off the tounge.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #12148
om3gag0th666

Quote:
I know what trite means, trite means dull, jejune, done, boring, and to a degree my troubles, ideals, and fears are trite, because they're human, and humans are all, to one degree or another, the same. However, all I see in your case is an overly aggressive, insecure, pompous, dumb ass, who has in the past tried to proposition me, and misinterprets Robert Frost.
Nope, I have never tried to eproposition a whore. You misinterpet scansion, and trite means HACKNEYED. I am trying to say that you are BORING. Your personality has been heard and done a thousand God damn times! I am sick of seeing this! Grow up!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:51 PM   #12149
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Hazie,

I can tell from your posts that omega-twerp must be calling for negative attention again.

If I may suggest, just put him in your ignore list (he is the only one in mine).

Nothing would disturb his overcompensated inferiority complex more than being ignored. Then we may all carry on gleefully without him, and his wasted posts would not be read by anyone; they would fail to cause the personal insult he tries to achieve.

Cheers

No nothing would bother me more than an actual challenge of intellect. I can't find that in some little 50 year old brat couldn't even pretend to be of age if he's still washing his fucking mind in this basin of callow dog shit.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:51 PM   #12150
om3gag0th666

Quote:
true, but he gives me a chance to use the word jejune, which is one of my favorite pretensious whore words, just rolls off the tounge.
Whatever rolls off your "tounge[sic]" surely can't roll off the keyboard correctly.
Closed Thread