Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
diablomalo

goth-survey

Hi everybody, there’s a little survey about Gothic World.

I’ll publish the results in a few weeks.

TV Channels that a Gothic uses to watch?

TV series or TV programs that love the Gothic’s?

Music Channels or TV programs where Gothic’s could listen Gothic Music?

THE Gothic Brand? (Is there a Gothic Brand, The brand that all Gothic’s have in common.)

The best Goth-Club that you know in the US? Or other countries

The best Radio Channel where you could listen Goth-music? Or other countries

Which band could be the new THE CURE, or the new DEPECHE MODE?

THE person, which is representing the best the Gothic World?

Thanx
diablomalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
First, as is customary, you need to answer OUR survey:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

2. Where are you from?

3. Who is your favorite author?

4. What are your favorite films?

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Obviously, you are free to share other interesting or pertinent information, but we thought it would be nice to give you some guidelines for the basics.

Welcome, we're looking forward to getting to know you.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

That questionnaire is horribly stereotyping. There is no 'gothic TV channel' nor 'gothic brand'. I will answer you, but from my own tastes.

I love to watch the History Channel and the Discovery Channel

I never miss The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad on Sundays. My favorite show was Nip-Tuck (the new season in Mexico starts in March) and I love America's Next Top Model (I guess not an answer you'd expect)

Music Channels or TV programs where Gothic’s could listen Gothic Music? There are some times you can see the Dresden Dolls and The Cure in music channels, but I don't like music channels. I prefer Youtube. I can watch what I want and am not limited to schedules.

THE Gothic Brand? (Is there a Gothic Brand, The brand that all Gothic’s have in common.)
Lip-Service puh-leez. No, not really. There's no 'gothic' brand. The best things you find are those you only encounter by chance or those that you made yourself. There are some gothic oriented stores of course, like the Black Rose and Drac-in-a-box.

The best Goth-Club that you know in the US? There's no gothic club in my city. There is one where a lot of black-clothe-lovers go to, but it's only EBM and Black Metal (ew)
I'll leave this question for someone that has found a nice club, but I will remark that it's a shame there's no Batcave anymore.

The best Radio Channel where you could listen Goth-music?
Having the music beats having to listen to whatever a radio channel plays. I bet you there are some radio channels, especially on the internet, that do target the average gothic taste, but I prefer to get the songs from Soulseek.

Cinema Strange, but that would be like the new Christian Death. I also reccommend Kaizers Orchestra; they're a Norwegian rock band. I'd place the Cruxshadows as the new Depeche Mode (although they wouldn't replace them) and I put The Cure in a so far unreachable pedestal. I don't know what Voltaire would be in relation to older bands, but he's worth mentioning.

Why, myself of course.
As for a famous person, I like Voltaire. But there's still Peter Murphy.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I never miss The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad on Sundays.
Yay for family guy, and just for putting in a good word about it here is a video made by somone I don't know who shows every time that meg is made fun of .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgfpuopTCbY

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Dead Blue Grind

I don't even own a TV, I assume a gothic person would use the same channels to watch TV as everyone else though. I don't think there is a "goth-only" cable subscription plan.

I don't have a TV and even if I did, I have no clue what intimate feelings certian television channels hold towards a type of people.

Music Channels or TV programs where Gothic’s could listen Gothic Music?

Hey man channel 666 black tv is the best. They totally play all the latest goff jams.

I hear that Hanez is a pretty popular goth brand.

The best Goth-Club that you know in the US? Or other countries

Ummmm I don't know any.

The best Radio Channel where you could listen Goth-music? Or other countries

99.9 AGFM (all goth fm)

Why would they want to be the next CURE or DEPECHE MODE when they could be the next ORIGINAL BAND NOT FOLLOWING ANYONE'S FOOTSTEPS.

I think the writer of this survey is best representing the "Gothic World" right now, that person clearly understand it's culture and inspires me too mimic their every move. xD
Dead Blue Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
Pyre

Quote:
. . . I love America's Next Top Model . . .
I watched a marathon of that some weeks ago, and I must say I liked it as well Glad I am not the only one.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
killer_asian_Dax

Goodness! What a crappy survey! I shan't dignify it with a response.

*I'm in rare form today*

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:25 AM   #8
CptSternn

Quote:
I'll leave this question for someone that has found a nice club, but I will remark that it's a shame there's no Batcave anymore.
Albion/Batcave is still in NYC. Having spun there a few times, last time opening for Pygmy Children/Iris I can tell you it's still going strong. I know the lads who run it - we post on another forum weekly about events and what-not.

Quote:
As for a famous person, I like Voltaire. But there's still Peter Murphy.
Peter is great and would be the embodiment that I also would pick, especially since he did found Bauhaus. Nice guy as well - and his wife is also lovely. He used to stay in DC from time to time after gigs at 9:30 and they would go out on occasion.

Voltaire though is also brilliant and funny enough probably my second choice as well. You should ask him about the time he played on my my events at The Wave in Virginia Beach.

But I would also add Ben (aka DJ Hellraver) as he is probably one of the best promoters on the scene, and has been for quite sometime and of course now has his own band Terrorfakt which makes him a brilliant artist as well. Without Ben there would be no scene to speak of. I mean, he booked and setup EVERY major g/i tour for years in the states. He brought every band you can think of to America - including all those German bands that took months to get paperwork for.

And I'm not just saying that cuz hes a mate of mine and runs the Batcave either.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Albion/Batcave is still in NYC.
Oh now I have to go no NY!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
L1feOnM4rs

I think the Gothics kids like me is best represented by MARILYN MANSON because he invented goth and also he is the best new THE CURE because his music rocks not like the cure who are pussies. Actually I've never heard of the CUre but they sound gay (don't worry I'm accepting of all sexalities and stuff, i don't mean gay like that! hahahah!!) As a real Gothic I wear only Hot Topic obviously. PEople who wear anything not from HT and call themselfs Gothics are just POSERS and probably used to be big preps who listen to backstreat boys and rap and stuff but they're still just conformists like everyone else even though they think their Gothics like me. I laugh at these fools!!! Anyway, can you like maybe do an article on me in your magazine, like were i talk about being a gothic and how to be a gothic and stuff? or at least put a picture of me in it, cuz i'm probbly the best example of a gothic kid i know so I could do it real good. IF you say now I'LL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! HAhahahh, just kidding. OR am I??????
L1feOnM4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Did You Just Say Marilyn Manson Invented Goth?!?!?!!?!?!? Lynch Him!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #12
DevilsMustKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1feOnM4rs
I think the Gothics kids like me is best represented by MARILYN MANSON because he invented goth and also he is the best new THE CURE because his music rocks not like the cure who are pussies. Actually I've never heard of the CUre but they sound gay (don't worry I'm accepting of all sexalities and stuff, i don't mean gay like that! hahahah!!) As a real Gothic I wear only Hot Topic obviously. PEople who wear anything not from HT and call themselfs Gothics are just POSERS and probably used to be big preps who listen to backstreat boys and rap and stuff but they're still just conformists like everyone else even though they think their Gothics like me. I laugh at these fools!!! Anyway, can you like maybe do an article on me in your magazine, like were i talk about being a gothic and how to be a gothic and stuff? or at least put a picture of me in it, cuz i'm probbly the best example of a gothic kid i know so I could do it real good. IF you say now I'LL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! HAhahahh, just kidding. OR am I??????
Haha, good one.
DevilsMustKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

That's a really overdone joke.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote